Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
19%
Reaper
9%
Scythemaster
5%
Shadowalker
6%
Shadow Prince
11%
Siege Troll
4%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
12%
Soul Shooter
3%
Swordmaster
13%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
7%
Werewolf Rider
3%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 98

Dugi

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Dugi »

Yeah, it's the right one. Thanks.
Whiskeyjack

Post by Whiskeyjack »

Edit: How do I clean the screen?
ctrl + x
Under blood-red skies, an old man sits
In the ruins of Carthage - contemplating prophecy.
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

@Whiskeyjack: thx
Spoiler:
I have a cunning plan.
etErnALChaOsMaKer

Post by etErnALChaOsMaKer »

Hi! I am coming back to Wesnoth after a long time.. The last time I played this campaign, it was 3.1.10! :D I downloaded the addon and it was version 3.1.13, but the changelog put up in the opening post is only up to 3.1.12. So, please update the changelog to the latest version, Dugi. I am eager to know as much as I can about this great campaign! :)
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Done. An updated changelog is always included in the add-on's files, btw.
etErnALChaOsMaKer

Dugi wrote:Done. An updated changelog is always included in the add-on's files, btw.
Hmmm. You learn something new every day! I'm wading through the campaign on easy.. Just found that my Efraim has Ice Dragon Legacy.. Was hoping for something like Titan or maybe the new Legacy of the Exile.. I remember that he gets a cold attack after becoming Lich, so it's going to be not that useful later.. Meh, leaders are OP anyway.. But the proposed penetration bonus should be much better once 3.1.14 hits the internet! :)

I have one suggestion.. Just like we have Konrad's Might as a basic weapon, easy to craft and with a useful ability in Marksman, can there be a basic armour using just Obsidian and Topaz that gives +1 to movement? It would be useful to make later for the new units or those with low movement that players are interested in using. Something like 3 Obsidian and 2 Topaz giving 5% resistances, +5 Max HP and +1 to movement. Then, we can keep a set of this in the form of gloves, helm, etc to level up new characters faster.
Whiskeyjack

Post by Whiskeyjack »

I have one suggestion.. Just like we have Konrad's Might as a basic weapon, easy to craft and with a useful ability in Marksman, can there be a basic armour using just Obsidian and Topaz that gives +1 to movement? It would be useful to make later for the new units or those with low movement that players are interested in using. Something like 3 Obsidian and 2 Topaz giving 5% resistances, +5 Max HP and +1 to movement. Then, we can keep a set of this in the form of gloves, helm, etc to level up new characters faster.
I recomend you lightning agility. It gives you +2 movement (even better ;) ) and since you don´t have enough gloves/helms/boots for all your units at the beginning anyway, you do not even lose resistances. In part one I invested every single topaz I got into those.
Under blood-red skies, an old man sits
In the ruins of Carthage - contemplating prophecy.
etErnALChaOsMaKer

Whiskeyjack wrote:I recomend you lightning agility. It gives you +2 movement (even better ;) ) and since you don´t have enough gloves/helms/boots for all your units at the beginning anyway, you do not even lose resistances. In part one I invested every single topaz I got into those.
Yes, I am aware of this item, but it needs advanced gems. I'm thinking of something to replace Defensive Stance. Something that gives +1 movement for those cheap gems.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I think that Lightning Agility is cheap enough.
etErnALChaOsMaKer

Dugi wrote:I think that Lightning Agility is cheap enough.
Hmmm.. Mostly, you're right.. I think if I save gems instead of crafting Konrad's Might for each weapon type, I should have enough for Lightning Agility.. Plus, I've only finished some 15% of the campaign as of this post.. So I'll review my experience once I have enough data.. Maybe by Part II..

I just feel that Konrad's Might is extremely good for it's price, but the corresponding Defensive Stance in armours is such a letdown.. Steadfast is good in theory, but the -2 to movement makes the unit take forever to actually reach the front line.. Depending on such units for front line defense slows down the whole army.. Maybe a better change would be to remove the movement penalty and reduce the resistances it gives, instead..

Also, what happens when a unit with negative resistances and Steadfast gets attacked on it's weak point? Does it take even more damage than what it would without Steadfast? It seems so, and this really ruins the trait if this is true..
dffou

Post by dffou »

Dugi, why don't your ward protect us from cold? (X_X) --- it is a pity that Dugi's Ward don't provide cold resistance...
dabber

Post by dabber »

dffou wrote:Dugi, why don't your ward protect us from cold? (X_X) --- it is a pity that Dugi's Ward don't provide cold resistance...
Isn't Dugi's ward scary good already? :)
Give me enough gems and I'd probably put Dugi's Ward on everyone.
dffou

Post by dffou »

dabber wrote:
dffou wrote:Dugi, why don't your ward protect us from cold? (X_X) --- it is a pity that Dugi's Ward don't provide cold resistance...
Isn't Dugi's ward scary good already? :)
Give me enough gems and I'd probably put Dugi's Ward on everyone.
I just want it to be perfect ;)
fdsfsfdsjkljkl

Post by fdsfsfdsjkljkl »

Dugi's ward not providing cold resistance seems like a bug. In utils/item_list.cfg for Dugi's ward:

Code: Select all

fire_resist=10
        cold_restist=10
        arcane_resist=10
Note the typo in "restist".

By the way, I love this add-on. I was legitimately amazed by how complex and fun this was. Great stuff!
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

fdsfsfdsjkljkl wrote:Dugi's ward not providing cold resistance seems like a bug.
Good eyes, man. I have fixed it, it will have also cold resist from the next version.
fdsfsfdsjkljkl wrote:By the way, I love this add-on. I was legitimately amazed by how complex and fun this was. Great stuff!
Thanks ^_^