Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 241

Dugi

Re: Legend of the Invincibles (now complete)

Post by Dugi »

Means that after your unit advanced, it started with 0 exp? It might mean that when advancing, it became a new unit, one not responsible for killing the victim it killed, and therefore not awarded with experience. Can you please watch out for this the next time and see if my theory is correct?

And, you can probably reproduce it with a save file too, but because the evolution of a combat is luck-dependant, it might fail.
lynx

Post by lynx »

I meant reproduce the fix. :eng:
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Reproduce what fix? I haven't released the fix for dark aura yet and it's quite easy to test.
lynx

Post by lynx »

Eh, forget it.

"better healing" advancement of the flying mage of light not just increases the healing to +11, but also removes curing.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I think that it's just not listed there as a separate ability, but it does cure poison. I will alter the description of the ability, I don't want the cures ability to clutter there when it's almost always associated with healing.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

wish i had always internet... noticed a lot of bugs yet but forgot most of them -.-
here one i remeber: in walthrough of "United"
"...delay anything (but wont quicken further improvements neither)..."
i believe thats a word to much

btw, could you pn me what that "improvement" is?
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

The whole sentence is this:
Take the improvement if necessary, it will not weaken you, won't delay anything (but won't quicken further improvements neither), just possibly break some motivations.
I think that it is correct, but I would like if somebody who speaks English better than me corrected me if necessary.

The improvement is offered only if some of your leaders have a low redeem level. In that case, redeem can be increased through the dialogue to level 5 or so, but with no other changes - it is just like prematurely increasing the effectiveness of the weapon special. I added it in order to make sure that they won't get stuck with redeem without the ability to absorb units on high enough levels.
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

The neither should be either.
Formerly known as the creator of Era of Chaos and maintainer of The Aragwaithi and the Era of Myths.
lynx

Post by lynx »

In Frozen land, my leader can't attack with his sword of Barys anymore. The attack virtually happens, as the opponent gets the xp, but there is no combat. Same problem on the defensive. However, the fury attack works. :doh:

and it's pretty odd I got teleported there with a bunch of my level1 cameradrie, none of which was present in the previous fiery scenario.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

bumbadadabum wrote:The neither should be either.
Yeah, sounds better like that. Thanks.
lynx wrote:In Frozen land, my leader can't attack with his sword of Barys anymore. The attack virtually happens, as the opponent gets the xp, but there is no combat. Same problem on the defensive. However, the fury attack works. :doh:

and it's pretty odd I got teleported there with a bunch of my level1 cameradrie, none of which was present in the previous fiery scenario.
In Frozen Land, you're supposed to be in a world where fire cannot exist, and that it why he took the phoenix there. So, you obviously cannot use fiery attacks. Fury does blade damage, it is unaffected by damage type changes on purpose, because it might be too overpowered if used against enemies that are too vulnerable to that damage type (weakness to blade isn't very frequent, except thieves and fencers who have other advantages and are quite rare as enemies).

You're taken there with several random recalls. The units from the previous scenario would be probably awkward there, because of the massive difference between the two scenarios, and that might force you to return over one scenario back. This is for gameplay reasons only. If you can think of a better solution, write about it.
lynx

Post by lynx »

I always thought of flaming swords as swords with sort of an aura of flame, eg. here it would just function as a normal blade. But this would require hacks, so I suggest you just add a note to the scenario objectives.

:shock: <-- me when the level7 kid showed up. :mrgreen:
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

reporting two bugs with savefile

try to redem with Lethalia a group of 3 or more saurians
she will redeem 2 of them at max, even though she should redeem the whole goup of 3

level the dragonrider who has already leadership lvl3 up and then you will get the choices of giving him leadership of lvl 4 unit and leadership of lvl 5 unit, which makes no sense
Attachments
LotI2-The_Desert-Auto-Save17.gz
(637.79 KiB) Downloaded 92 times
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Redeem 'bug' - Her chance to redeem level 3 saurians if not hit directly, but through the area of effect, is 50%, not 100% as you probably assumed.
Dragon Rider's leadership - not quite sure why I gave him a leadership so strong. I decreased all leadership levels he can have by 1.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

-.- thats not what i mean with dragon rider at all
i mean that he has from lvl 3 leadership two possible advancements for leadership: upgrade it to lvl4 and upgrade it to lvl 5 leadership
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Oh, that. Fixed.