Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 241

HadesOracle

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by HadesOracle »

Dugi wrote: November 19th, 2018, 9:28 pm
HadesOracle wrote: November 19th, 2018, 2:48 am I havent started the game over for a while but when I did and finally got the whirlwind ability it would not work. it acted like the normal attack. any idea what is going on or was whirlwind changed?
I need more information on this. A save file or a description how did you come to that dysfunct whirlwind. When I tried it right now, it was working. Plus, whirlwind isn't exactly a bug-prone thing.
I already deleted the save so I would have to start a new campaign but to try and clarify; When I got Efraim to Shadowwalker and got access to the whirlwind attack, the attack didnt have the whirlwind keyword. Whenever I used that attack it would just damage the target and no one else. The same is true for the parry attack. If you want I can try and get it again and send you a save file.
Shevel

Post by Shevel »

Not sure if this will attach well but I’ve been playing this campaign on my iPhone. It is so awesome. Anyway, I got to a point where if my main hero kills anyone, the game crashes. I’ll try to attach a picture here or, worst case I’ll type it in. I was curious if there was a work around. I finished a scenario without him killing anything and I tried removing all equipment and the problem happened each time. And suggestions would be appreciated. I’m too mobile to play more than a little on my PC so it’s my perfect no internet game and kill some time game. This campaign has spoiled me. I can’t go back to basics 😂

Please help!
Attachments
F876E3E7-A48C-408C-B3F4-7F738791280E.png
Shevel

Post by Shevel »

Btw, I’ve been playing Wesnoth on my phone for about 7 years and love it.... and then I discovered this about a month ago. I don’t know much of what I’m doing but I love having research trees and more levels etc. I love the big boards and all the advancement.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

HadesOracle wrote: November 20th, 2018, 10:59 am
Dugi wrote: November 19th, 2018, 9:28 pm...
I already deleted the save so I would have to start a new campaign but to try and clarify; When I got Efraim to Shadowwalker and got access to the whirlwind attack, the attack didnt have the whirlwind keyword. Whenever I used that attack it would just damage the target and no one else. The same is true for the parry attack. If you want I can try and get it again and send you a save file.
This should be enough information. It's way faster for me to add a playable Shadowalker into a scenario than for you to go through the campaign again.
Shevel wrote: November 21st, 2018, 1:26 am Not sure if this will attach well but I’ve been playing this campaign on my iPhone. It is so awesome. Anyway, I got to a point where if my main hero kills anyone, the game crashes. I’ll try to attach a picture here or, worst case I’ll type it in. I was curious if there was a work around. I finished a scenario without him killing anything and I tried removing all equipment and the problem happened each time. And suggestions would be appreciated. I’m too mobile to play more than a little on my PC so it’s my perfect no internet game and kill some time game. This campaign has spoiled me. I can’t go back to basics 😂

Please help!
This is a problem of the iPhone port that was never fixed by its maintainer. I am planning to work it, but I wont give you an exact deadline. It doesn't happen on the iPad version, if you can try that version, please do it.
dabber

Post by dabber »

Why do people vote to change Intoxicator? Is it too good? Other than the cheapest stuff, it's probably my most used item - Efraim always gets it.

I think I voted for Retribution because I never consider crafting it. Its resistances are unimpressive and its other benefits are not noticable.

I think something should be changed (probably Quintessence) to add spell suck. Spell suck didn't exist when these items were created, and there is no crafted item with spell suck.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

To celebrate the anniversary of birth of Isaac Newton, a glorious man who brought us calculus and a lot of other discoveries that eventually led mankind to making the devices we run this game on, I am publishing an update with 15 new items.

There are also some bug fixes. The main change is that the core of the campaign, the system that gives items their properties, has been entirely rewritten to lua, allowing to give items new properties (you may notice that soon after updating). I have also improved the unpopular crafting recipes.

Item effects that improve the damage of all melee attacks or all ranged attacks will stop having an effect. If that happens, unequipping the item and equipping it back will fix the issue.

Changelog:

Code: Select all

3.2.4 (development/maintenance)
Added 15 new items
Rewrote stats.cfg to lua, refactoring the code and adding new possibilities for item effects
Redeem now has a nice UI window
Improved some less used crafting recipes
Fixed some bugs
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Thanks, merry Christmas.
nachkar

Post by nachkar »

Thanks Dugi, awesome ^^
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Shevel wrote: November 21st, 2018, 1:29 am Btw, I’ve been playing Wesnoth on my phone for about 7 years and love it.... and then I discovered this about a month ago. I don’t know much of what I’m doing but I love having research trees and more levels etc. I love the big boards and all the advancement.
I have made an update of the iPhone version that should fix that error. Enjoy and please report if it helps or not. You will have to restart from the previous scenario for it to take effect.

Doing it was no easy feat. The menu had to be entirely rewritten to appear differently, more like the typical in-game menus. It was quite lengthy and I am glad that user edwardspec contributed the code. Then I had to backport it to the 1.10 code, where problems arose with features missing in 1.10. Reaching through barriers of time and Installing Wesnoth 1.10 turned out to be quite hard too, the code was no longer compatible with newer compilers and libraries. When it kept refusing to run, I had to install the windows (32-bit only) version using wine on Linux... and that finally worked. Phew.
carbonpenguin

Post by carbonpenguin »

Just downloaded LOTI from add-on, and it consistently crashes during the tutorial. I pick up the sword as instructed, then my character disappears and the scenario ends in defeat

UWesnoth 1.14.5 on Ubuntu 18.04
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

User edwardspec fixed it while I was asleep, I have updated the server version. I apologise for the inconvenience.

Note that only the tutorial was broken, later scenarios were working.
Elendil

Post by Elendil »

Hello everyone,

Apologies if that has already been asked and answered, but I couldn't find it (great search tool, 10/10).

Is it normal that when you summoned Belzebuth, in the 'Shadow Empire' (in part 1), defeating the necromancers no longer grants you victory and you also have to beat Belzebuth (which seems impossible to me at this stage of the campaign, despite all the xp he offers)? Or would it be a bug?

Edit: just as a reminder, this is the scenario where you have to beat a Marshal with Lethalia, and kill the remaining necromancers. There is a summoning stone in the middle, which will summon Belzebuth if we chose the option.

I summoned Belzebuth during the turn 15 (out for 36), and he can't beat me nor can I (can never poison him and stop his regen, and my attacks aren't powerful enough), and he made me run out of turn despite me killing everything else on the map, bar him and his minions.
edwardspec

Post by edwardspec »

Elendil wrote: December 25th, 2018, 12:21 pmIs it normal that when you summoned Belzebuth, in the 'Shadow Empire' (in part 1), defeating the necromancers no longer grants you victory and you also have to beat Belzebuth (which seems impossible to me at this stage of the campaign, despite all the xp he offers)?
Beelzebub is indeed too powerful in Chapter 1, and probably should be nerfed. (but only in Chapter 1, it becomes ok later)

But if they summon him and don't defeat him, then they would have unleashed a terrible creature upon their world, which is an unacceptable outcome. So a loss is rather fair. Touching the stone is a choice that shouldn't be taken lightly. Besides, they can always summon him later (when they are ready), since many scenarios have a stone.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Elendil wrote: December 25th, 2018, 12:21 pm Is it normal that when you summoned Belzebuth, in the 'Shadow Empire' (in part 1), defeating the necromancers no longer grants you victory and you also have to beat Belzebuth (which seems impossible to me at this stage of the campaign, despite all the xp he offers)? Or would it be a bug?
In that scenario, you have to defeat all enemy leaders. The two guys become your allies, so the necromancers are the only enemy leaders left after killing the main bad guy. Beelzebub is technically another enemy leader, so you have to kill him too.

This is mostly what you need, because it would suck if you had the defeat the biggest enemy before defeating some other annoying pests. But in this case, it might be more bad than good because you would like to quit without defeating him. I might make him easier on low levels rather than allow you to win without defeating him (also for the storyline reasons as ewardspec suggested).
Ford

Post by Ford »

I encountered some more bugs:
- It seems that when unit level up by attacking/killing an enemy it can perform another attack the same turn. I think it showed up after the latest patch.
- When i try to give dvarvish berserker an axe he doesn't use it - the axe is added to his equipment, but he apparently doesn't treat it as his weapon, as his attack name and damage remain unchanged. Things unrelated directly to attack itself (like inreased resistances) stil works.
- When unit become incinerated and then get healed, the color change sometimes doesn't get away, even several scenarios later
- One of possible advancements for Efraim as demigod is named "attacks/blank-attacks.png-BLIT(items/armour-arcane.png,-5,-5)" Apparently it improves resistances.
Also, maybe it's just my opinion, but I think too many units have titles behind the names. I think all units on the top level get them, and there is a lot of such units, so the titles are quickly getting boring. For example - spell eaters from Chapter 7 don't have higher level, so they all have titles. Some bosses also get titles, which is rather strange in my opinion, especially if you meet them more than once and each time they have different title.
And, by the way, new redeem menu is great, much more convenient than before.