Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 241

matsjoyce

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by matsjoyce »

I've developed the habit of saving before each un-undoable move for situations like that. :) That said, my strategies are not particularly careful either.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

ItsDaKoolaidDude wrote:So what this would mean is you can have up to 2 set bonuses active if the requirements are met?
The Essence of Magic has a property that requires Quintessence. If you have Quintessence and more copies of The Essence of Magic, the set effect will be active on all of them. This isn't the same for multiple copies of Quintessence, because multiple copies of the same ability don't stack.
ItsDaKoolaidDude

Post by ItsDaKoolaidDude »

Dugi wrote:
ItsDaKoolaidDude wrote:So what this would mean is you can have up to 2 set bonuses active if the requirements are met?
The Essence of Magic has a property that requires Quintessence. If you have Quintessence and more copies of The Essence of Magic, the set effect will be active on all of them. This isn't the same for multiple copies of Quintessence, because multiple copies of the same ability don't stack.
And this will work the same as other set bonuses?
You spent the entire game, going in circles! It's like the equivalent of Homer Simpson doing cartwheels on the kitchen floor, and you still won?! -Johnny (BSC)
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

ItsDaKoolaidDude wrote:And this will work the same as other set bonuses?
Yes.
Loudon

Post by Loudon »

Hi. How does exactly the "Beelzebub" thing work? I got some text telling me something like... "your enemies summon beelzebub in order to stop you" but that was all, is there something special I should do?
Chewan

Post by Chewan »

@ Loudon » How does exactly the "Beelzebub" thing work?
Ah, a farmer... :D
Maybe this is enough to start with: menu > Campaign help > Interface > Beelzebub
@ Dugi » Thanks for replying for me
On the efficiency of searching this thread, you mean? :mrgreen:
Well, a clarifying statement on this not new subject is up to you. Still thinking about Wussel's All in favor-suggestion?

My comment on shadow12's crazy but quite comprehensible idea is subjective!
At the latest when you provide as much or more items for the heroes as pages on the LotI-topic for the players,
some otherworldly storage might be necessary (apart from the helpful wiki-pages offered by matsjoyce).
I mean, Efraim is smart and can be trusted to have the same idea:
Ahead of time, he asks Lethalia to create a spell opening a portal into a secret place for the sole purpose of hiding his best items, to be used on a rainy day. Only Efraim and Lethalia know about this spell. It can be used in the blink of an eye when disaster strikes.
ItsDaKoolaidDude

Loudon wrote:Hi. How does exactly the "Beelzebub" thing work? I got some text telling me something like... "your enemies summon beelzebub in order to stop you" but that was all, is there something special I should do?
This also reminds me, I had gotten the same text, however that was at the very end of the scenario and he didn't show up the next scenario.
Does anyone know how to summon beelzebub earlier?
You spent the entire game, going in circles! It's like the equivalent of Homer Simpson doing cartwheels on the kitchen floor, and you still won?! -Johnny (BSC)
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

ItsDaKoolaidDude wrote:Does anyone know how to summon beelzebub earlier?
Once he's summoned, monoliths will appear in scenarios. You can enter the fight using these monoliths. You will be informed when you approach one.
Chewan wrote:On the efficiency of searching this thread, you mean?
No, some questions were asked and you replied, saving my time.
Chewan wrote:I mean, Efraim is smart and can be trusted to have the same idea:
Ahead of time, he asks Lethalia to create a spell opening a portal into a secret place for the sole purpose of hiding his best items, to be used on a rainy day. Only Efraim and Lethalia know about this spell. It can be used in the blink of an eye when disaster strikes.
That would be useful if he had not lost his memory. Chapter VI ends peacefully, so there's not motivation to withdraw stuff from there either. Later, they don't need it anymore, better items can drop in chapter VI and later.
ItsDaKoolaidDude

Alright, I'm gonna pester the thread again, but while I was starting off in Chapter 3 and 1st scenario, whenever I had any unit (recalled or recruited) go on the offensive, their primary attack would have their damage output get nerfed. Other times, secondary attacks that would usually do very little suddenly get boosted with unusual amounts of damage. The attachment is just one example of my units getting messed with, and my leader units aren't safe from this either, as they end up either doing only 1 or 30 damage, and I haven't used any AoE attacks, and my Destroyer in the attachment doesn't have AoE.
Attachments
What.png
Battlecruiser_Venca

Post by Battlecruiser_Venca »

Check the target's resistances. Mudcrawlers do have insane impact resistance and insane fire weakness.
ItsDaKoolaidDude

Battlecruiser_Venca wrote:Check the target's resistances. Mudcrawlers do have insane impact resistance and insane fire weakness.
Then that means I used a really poor example.
Heres a different one with something with no resistances.
Attachments
Untitled.png
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

oh, i get it now, you have the anti-elf weapon spec on melee (misdryadia, doubles damage against elves, due to the Forestburner weapon equipped), due to reasons unknown the game fools you into thinking that he has permanent damage boost, but it actually only applies against elves (btw, similiar thing happens to change special, it shows the result damage on attacker's turn, istead of base damage)
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
My inactive add-ons (1.12): Tale of Alan, The Golden Age
Co-creator of Era of Magic
Samson

Post by Samson »

1 bug I've found, I'll try and update this with any others I find later too, I've noticed the Health Soul Eater advancement says gives +10hp advancements, but it only gives +7hp, which compared to the other options just isn't worth it but I want to find out what spiritual transformation does.

I've actually played through a few chapters previously, maybe the first 4 and while I loved it I found my Heroes took so long to level up and gain Soul Eater advancements that it was easier to just start the next chapter without recalling, as they required a lot less EXP to level up and already had lots of advancements. But I like having units that carry over and having a team, rather than just a 2 man campaign. Not sure if this has been balanced yet, was a little while ago that I last played it, just feels like there should be a reward for carrying a team all the way through.

I agree with a lot of the comments on here that this is potentially the best campaign on wesnoth, needs some polishing like updated character portraits, some re-scripting, a lot of the dialogue is just telling you stuff as the player and makes the characters feel wooden, but I feel it has the bare bones of something epic and with the right amount of care and detail added should really be the main wesnoth campaign as it's so much more rewarding to play than the basic campaigns and covers so much more.
matsjoyce

Post by matsjoyce »

I wouldn't update your post with bugs, post new ones as otherwise stuff gets lost (this thread is BIG). :D
Shiki
Developer

Post by Shiki »

fixed Teamcoloring
Attachments
demonologist.zip
(9.77 KiB) Downloaded 216 times
Try out the dark board theme.