Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

dabber

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by dabber »

Dugi, I thought you were going to change this when I last reported it, but maybe I misunderstood. Warlord's Rule stacks with charge, making x4 damage, which is pretty crazy.
PiJoeG

Post by PiJoeG »

Other sides recruit burning souls, It might be just humans though. (I'm not sure if this works, but the picture attached should explain)
Attachments
I'm not sure if this is on purpose, but this happens a lot. people recruit burning souls, even when it makes no sense.
I'm not sure if this is on purpose, but this happens a lot. people recruit burning souls, even when it makes no sense.
Raijer

Post by Raijer »

Burning souls in the first part is impossible, that's a bug. Dugi's probably going to need to know your Wesnoth version, and in which scenario it started.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley
samtroop45

Post by samtroop45 »

Hello, all. First off, thanks to Dugi and everyone who has helped to make this a great campaign. I am playing it on 1.10.7 (Yes, I am too lazy to upgrade all of my installs.) I am just beginning the second campaign in easy mode (which I always use for a first playthrough- I'm not that great of a player.) I was playing version 3.1.3, so some of these bugs may have been fixed. However, I'm the kind of guy who tries deliberately to find odd bugs and unexpected outcomes. So, here goes:
First, the one that I'm pretty sure has been fixed (as I noticed while reading through from page 225, the similar situation in the frozen tundra scenario was dealt with (about as far back as I wished to go when I should have been sleeping)): In Servants of Lilith, scenario Lilith, Argan is an idiot. He tries to take on the room of overly powerful opponents alone and gets slowed, then killed. I usually had to reload when doing that one. (I restarted once, upon trying to make the next bug.)
LotI1-Lilith_replay.gz
Replay of Argan being an idiot. (I don't have a save from within, I relied on autosaves)
(178.54 KiB) Downloaded 115 times
To Destroy the Wesnothian Empire, scenario Bloodbath: if you put all your experience into Lethalia and get her the meteor, plus some everything resistance, it is theoretically possible to win by the initial conditions on (possibly before, but I'm not very good...) turn 10. This leads to odd dialogue, to say the least.
LotI1-Bloodbath_Turn_9.gz
Here is Bloodbath right before the fleeing event, with Lethalia and Efriam in place to kill.
(446.56 KiB) Downloaded 120 times
Uh, Hybrids of Steel and Something, Into the Shadows? (the scenario before you enter the cave:) If you rush over to the keep and meteor everything (I did that a lot in this chapter), you get incoherent dialogue, as if there is supposed to be something said before it.
*Edit* I removed this file to save server space because it (the file, that is) was corrupted. If you want a corrupted copy of a replay of Lethalia meteoring the entire garrison in 2 turns, pm me.

Same chapter, Pirates: If you walk over and meteor her, you can choose to spare her life when she is -37/75 HP. This seems illogical, but I've done it in other campaigns, too.
LotI1-Pirates_replay.gz
Blew her to bits. She was useful later.
(186.36 KiB) Downloaded 105 times
Now, for how I would fix these if I was trying to be as quick as possible in coding (taking into account that I know next to nothing about WML, but am willing to learn:) Either tell Argan to stay in the lots of people chamber until you enter the other one or have Nemesis target him. (The second one is kinda mean...)

Don't bother with the Bloodbath one unless you somehow have lots of time on your hands. It was obvious what was supposed to happen once the dialogue came up, and very few people will encounter this problem. I'm sure that it would not be an easy fix.

The Into the Shadows one might actually be kinda common. Perhaps you could put all of the dialogue at the beginning? (Perhaps I just missed something?)

I have seen other campaign authors (and possibly you? Don't remember that well...) put a monster's minimum health at 1, if they have an event upon their death. I would assume that this would be possible.

Other things that I have seen in this thread: The lack of Dugi-invented attacks in the AMLA screen seems to me as if it is due to the fact that these attacks are based on preexisting ones that the game assumes are already listed. I might be way off the mark with that one.
Attachments
LotI1-Into_the_Shadows_replay.gz
I hope that this is the right one.
(199.46 KiB) Downloaded 100 times
Last edited by samtroop45 on November 30th, 2014, 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In other words, you're awesome and thanks for all that you do.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

@dabber
I fixed undesirable stacking of backstab, not stacking of charge. You can get 4x damage this way, but you need somebody to give that bonus to your unit. I think that I might reduce its effectiveness (together with the effectiveness of murderous presence) to 3x if it is stacked this way.

@PiJoeG
That is pretty strange, burning souls should not appear outside of chapter 9 where they're recruited by demons. Can you attach a save file where it happens? Ideally something like LotI1-Siege.gz (that is, not an autosave, not a manual save).

@samtroop45
I am glad you liked it.
Version 1.10 is still supported, but I will stop supporting it very soon.

Argan is very unlikely to have trouble, all enemies secretly have only a 10% chance to hit him. Anyway, it seems that with enough bad luck, crap still happens, so I'm increasing his health in that scenario.

In Bloodbath, the dialogue wasn't inconsistent, the new enemy appeared and the situation was supposed to be desperate. The actual problem was that it wasn't so desperate. I may add a huge group of enemies that comes with him to make it obviously harder if you want.

In Into the Shadows, the replay got out of sync, I wasn't able to learn anything. Anyway, the final dialogue when you defeat the enemy boss was supposed to be very short.

Regarding Pirates, I think that it's quite common that if an enemy has less than 1 hp, he isn't dead, he is just unable to fight anymore. If it's just an unimportant mook, you kill him right afterwards, if it is a boss, you will chat a bit and finish him...

It's a part of the core game that if a unit's hp is bellow 1, it fires its death event, and in that event, the unit may be saved.
samtroop45 wrote:The lack of Dugi-invented attacks in the AMLA screen seems to me as if it is due to the fact that these attacks are based on preexisting ones that the game assumes are already listed.
No. The reason why they don't appear is that there is no way to do such things with AMLA, so the AMLA that is intended to add them doesn't add them, it just sets some variables and they're added afterwards by my code. Setting these variables itself isn't considered as a change to the unit, so it shows nothing in the AMLA window.
samtroop45

Post by samtroop45 »

@Dugi Thanks for replying.
Dugi wrote: Version 1.10 is still supported, but I will stop supporting it very soon.
Oh, I'll get around to migrating to 1.12 sometime... it would be quicker if I didn't have a total of 6 installs (2 portable, 2 different versions from my normal 1.10.7, and 2 on other computers.) I'll find time someday.
Dugi wrote: Argan is very unlikely to have trouble, all enemies secretly have only a 10% chance to hit him. Anyway, it seems that with enough bad luck, crap still happens, so I'm increasing his health in that scenario.
Wow, 10 percent... I have awful luck. Oh, well. Thanks for doing that for folks like me. :)
Dugi wrote: In Bloodbath, the dialogue wasn't inconsistent, the new enemy appeared and the situation was supposed to be desperate. The actual problem was that it wasn't so desperate. I may add a huge group of enemies that comes with him to make it obviously harder if you want.
Oh, yeah. That guy. I looked at his stats later and realized that he would be tough, especially if I hadn't already killed everybody else.
Dugi wrote: In Into the Shadows, the replay got out of sync, I wasn't able to learn anything. Anyway, the final dialogue when you defeat the enemy boss was supposed to be very short.
I looked back at my copy of the replay. It's corrupted, too. Sorry. I uploaded during an update to all my add-ons, it may have changed in the edition change for LOTI. Or my computer may be irksome. Probably the latter.
Dugi wrote: Regarding Pirates, I think that it's quite common that if an enemy has less than 1 hp, he isn't dead, he is just unable to fight anymore. If it's just an unimportant mook, you kill him right afterwards, if it is a boss, you will chat a bit and finish him...
Huh, I had never thought of it that way. I suppose that's both a logical and a gameplay explanation in one. And it wasn't that important, I'm just a bit of a perfectionist.
Dugi wrote:No. The reason why they don't appear is that there is no way to do such things with AMLA, so the AMLA that is intended to add them doesn't add them, it just sets some variables and they're added afterwards by my code. Setting these variables itself isn't considered as a change to the unit, so it shows nothing in the AMLA window.
Huh, that makes sense. It would be a useful feature in my opinion, but it would probably require a lot of work, in addition to all you already provide us. And hey, I'm up for a little reloading once in a while. :)

In other words, you're awesome and thanks for all you do. (Note to self: Make that my sig.)
In other words, you're awesome and thanks for all that you do.
dabber

Post by dabber »

Maybe this is intentional, but I feel there is a bug with the hose ability. If some of the possible targets are missing, it no longer hits other possible targets. Also, in my opinion, the hose ability could use a more precise description. Anyway, when there are tons of enemies, this picture shows 9 guys getting hit.
hosefullhit.jpg
hosefullhit.jpg (114.31 KiB) Viewed 3982 times
But if you take out one guy in the middle, 4 guys on the sides no longer get hit.
hosemissed.jpg

Storm seems to work fine (hence the many enemies in the pictures).
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I know what's the problem. Before, that was a bug that also enemies behind the empty hex weren't hit, I fixed that one, but it seems I forgot about those next to empty hexes.

Target selection for storm is coded completely differently, btw.

Amazingly precise bug report, by the way. I wish all bug reports were as good as this one.
dabber

Post by dabber »

Glad you liked the bug report, but I left something out.

What happens if you replace a guy by impassable terrain? And is that what you want to happen? Basically I was very disappointed using hose in narrow corridors.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Nothing special. Passability of the terrain doesn't matter here, what matters is that there is no unit there. I'll fix that, don't worry.
dabber

Post by dabber »

I feel like I've asked this before, but searching found no evidence of the question, so ....
Why is Chaos so much more expensive than Hatred? Essentially 5 Amethysts more to get 1 move and 5 physical resistance, but clearly less damage.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

After some consideration, I found your complain just. I am adding skirmisher to Chaos.

Note: The bug in hose was exactly where I thought it to be, fixed in my version. Not uploaded anything yet.
dabber

Post by dabber »

Can you post a code snippet of the hose fix so I can hack my save file?
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Okay. Replace this (may occur more times, replace them all):

Code: Select all

[filter_adjacent]
                    x,y=$second_pierce_target_hex.x,$second_pierce_target_hex.y
                [/filter_adjacent]
                [and]
                    [filter_adjacent]
                        x,y=$pierce_target_hex.x,$pierce_target_hex.y
                    [/filter_adjacent]
                [/and]
by this:

Code: Select all

[filter_location]
                    radius=1
                    x,y=$second_pierce_target_hex.x,$second_pierce_target_hex.y
                [/filter_location]
                [and]
                    [filter_location]
                        radius=1
                        x,y=$pierce_target_hex.x,$pierce_target_hex.y
                    [/filter_location]
                [/and]
Replace it also in utils/abilities_events.cfg to have it changed permanently.
wuxiangjinxing

Post by wuxiangjinxing »

Can you explain the difference between these two codes? (Indeed, I want to ask what's the difference between [filter_adjacent] and [filter_location] with radius=1)