Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

Steel_Berserk

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Steel_Berserk »

First at all, sorry about my orrible english.
Hi, im kind of new playing Wesnoth so i dont know if i have to post it here, but every time i try to play this campaign this error show up:
Spoiler:
Did i something wrong? (i intall it manually in campaigns folder in Wesnoth main file)
ward93

Post by ward93 »

This is my first post on the forum so apologies for any errors. I just wanted to let you know LOTI is my favorite campaign and I really appreciate all the work you have put into making it so great. The combination of a compelling story and epic battles makes this campaign a joy. I don't know if you have any plans to continue the story of the kids in their new world but I sure hope so. Either way my sincere thanks for all the hours of enjoyment you have provided with this excellent work.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Steel_Berserk wrote:Did i something wrong? (i intall it manually in campaigns folder in Wesnoth main file)
You shouldn't install it into the campaigns folder. It is an add-on, so it must go into the add-ons folder (you can find it in /data/add-ons in the userdata directory, read here how to find it). Alternatively, you can change the _main.cfg file, replacing all '~add-ons/' strings to 'campaigns/' strings, but I haven't tried this so better try the first possibility first.
ward93 wrote:I don't know if you have any plans to continue the story of the kids in their new world but I sure hope so.
I am glad that you enjoyed my campaign.
I have some uncertain plans about the continuation of the stories of their children, but they are very vague at the moment.
bab330

Post by bab330 »

Hello great creater. I am enjoying this campaign well so far. this is pretty awesome but I am now facing one kind of problem. it's about chpter4 and the title is "invasion". When I try to play this story. The first turn and second turn ran well. But, as I step to turn3, the wesnoth shut down suddenly. I tried at least 10 times and I realized, this is kind of error or my computer or wrong with add-on or substance of wesnoth. So I first restart my computer and reactivate wesnoth, play same story and it was nothing changed. Secondary, I deleted this add-on and reinstalled from the server. Nothing changed. Oh my goddess! I wanted to play! but I couldn't and I keep trying the trial and error for a while and then I found out way to go through like a tiny hole. That is to get control of undead back myself. It worked!...until turn 6. Same awful things happened. I have no ideas. I was disappointed like a Delly when she was surrounded by four Royal guards by Argon's revenge and died.

In short, I can't play story of "Invasion" in Chpater4. What happened to me is window of battle for wesnoth is fade out without any check as I step to turn 2 and 6 especially turn 6. I guessed too many units inhabit the movement of wesnoth and make a unexpected error? Could you help me to solve this terrible problem to let me keep playing this awesome campaign?
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

That is a serious bug in a certain wesnoth version, 1.11.8 or something close to that. Install a newer or older version of wesnoth and it should go.
nimrodplanete

Post by nimrodplanete »

VICTORY!!!

Finally, after 1 year, I ended up victorious on hard difficulty (or what the hardest is called). Dugi, as a dev you really deserve the title "Greater God" more than Efraim, Lethalia or that old geezer Yarae (...shred to pieces... ...ate... I'm still laughing because of that action :P ). Really, this story was fun and emotion beyond words like hope, despair or what-not, thank you very much for everything!

Although there are two things with which I'm not quite happy. First, and this is only personally, I hated the mission in Chapter 7 (Legacy of Blood) where you have to pursue the fake Lethalia. Imho this one is way too long, 300 turns, more than insanely huge map... But anyways, it's not important, so forget what I said.

Second, and I believe other players may find that also helpful, are the stats of the units. While your idea about the "Unit Information"-interface is splendid, in chapter 9 I had a dwarvish battlerager with resistances to every damage type between 80% and 110% - I GUESS. Problem: You can see the gear, the advancements taken, and so on, but you don't get to see the real stats in cold figures. Question: Would it be possible to change the Unit Information so that we can see the exact stats of each unit? Not that this would be very important, but me and a friend of mine had this discussion about "my unit can... my unit has... my unit did..." so that's why I would love to see the stats. Besides, that seeing the stats helps greatly to eliminate weaknesses of certain units.

Thanks for reading and I'm eagerly awaiting your next masterpiece(s)!
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Thank you for your approval, it made my evening brighter :)

The scenario you're talking about in the first problem is probably Arctic Wastelands. I was trying a bit of experimental setting, and it seems it didn't fit your liking. I've never seen any other complains about it, but it might be just a coincidence. Maybe somebody else might give more feedback, if more people supported you, I can make it smaller.

The second problem was mentioned several times, because of it I added it into the Frequently Asked Questions part of the in-game help menu. If you hover your mouse over the unit's hitpoints in the right panel, a message telling what are the unit's resistances will appear. That is the reason why I didn't include it in the Unit Information interface, but because any frequently reported non-bug is like a bug, I think I'll add it there even if it's not really needed.

You'll wait for ages till I finish my current project, if I'll ever finish it...
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

I support nimrodplanete. "Arctic wastelands" was one of he baddest scenarios in the entire campaign.
Creator of Dawn of Thunder and Global Unitmarkers

"I thought Naga's used semi-automatic crossbows with incendiary thermite arrows . . . my beliefs that this race is awesome are now shattered." - Evil Earl
Raijer

Post by Raijer »

Well, "Arctic wastelands" is indeed one of the hardest scenarios, but personnally, i don't think it's bad. Or you would have to get rid of "Tundra", and "Jungle Hell" (<-- that's true hell) and some of the desert scenarios. Those give a good opportunity to level up, get items, and add to the challenge the campaign represents (just wondering, has anyone finished "Jungle Hell" on hard without losing half his army ?).

Clearly, it is annoying, but i didn't see it as particularly long or hard. You have all the time in the world to go through that map, and they even give you free exp for your leaders. I didn't play it on hard, but i can't see how it can actually be that much different, out of having much more enemies, which doesn't seem to be a problem to me if you have place to hit and run. If it's just about the length of the scenario... Well, playing that campaign, you're supposed to know you will use quite a lot of time on it, one more scenario doesn't change much.

Anyway, little question: am i really supposed to be able to recruit elven lords in chapter 10 ?
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley
lhaire

Post by lhaire »

Hi,

LOTI is by far the best campaign I've played - great work.

Forgive me for asking what may be a silly question, but I can't figure out how the redeem is supposed to work exactly. I've finished part 1 and now just started part 2 and still don't ever remember coming across anything to do with redeem. Is it a special kind of attack or something? How do you gain this ability and how exactly do you use it?

I tried searching here in this forum but couldn't come across anything that explains it. I also looked in the Interface section in the game itself "Redeeming weapon special", but it isn't clear to me exactly how this feature works. Please direct me to an FAQ or something if this isn't the appropriate place to ask this question.

p.s. I completed part 1 in an older version of LOTI (perhaps redeem wasn't available in older versions?)

Thanks!
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

@Raijer
You aren't supposed to be able to recruit them in chapter 10, will be fixed in the next version.

@lhaire
Redeem is an attack (that can miss), and if you hit an enemy with it, there is a chance he will be absorbed, the chance depends on the enemy level, level 1 enemies always have a 100% chance to be absorbed. When a unit uses redeem, it will be unable to use it again for 3 turns. After redeeming a certain amount of enemies (it's like 8 at the first level), redeem will improve (better chance to redeem enemies on higher levels, at some breakpoints it also adds an area of effect or hit chance) and you will get a new advancement path of your choice.
In short, use it to attack low level enemies.

It is nothing new, I added it one and half years ago, but it isn't in the first chapters. I wanted to make a change in the soul eater mechanic.
lhaire

Post by lhaire »

Dugi wrote: @lhaire
Redeem is an attack (that can miss), and if you hit an enemy with it, there is a chance he will be absorbed, the chance depends on the enemy level, level 1 enemies always have a 100% chance to be absorbed. When a unit uses redeem, it will be unable to use it again for 3 turns. After redeeming a certain amount of enemies (it's like 8 at the first level), redeem will improve (better chance to redeem enemies on higher levels, at some breakpoints it also adds an area of effect or hit chance) and you will get a new advancement path of your choice.
In short, use it to attack low level enemies.

It is nothing new, I added it one and half years ago, but it isn't in the first chapters. I wanted to make a change in the soul eater mechanic.
Thanks for the explanation, Dugi. Do I need any kind of special weapon to use this or is it just an ability that a particular unit naturally obtains? Note that for me, both Efraim and Lethalia are listed with the Soul Eater ability (in Part 2 - Chapter 6), but I don't see a Redeem ability listed anywhere...
Aevyn

Post by Aevyn »

Raijer wrote:(just wondering, has anyone finished "Jungle Hell" on hard without losing half his army ?
...I've done so. (I apologize if I'm beginning to appear annoying)

Jungle Hell and Artic Wasteland are definitely the two most lengthy scenarios, but I generally agree with what what Raijer wrote. They also serve as pretty decent experience / item booster scenarios. Perhaps the issue with Artic is how slow it can be with the terrain type and the "snowstorms". However, I personally like the concept of it as you search for Evil Lethalia.

Anyway

The Twilight scenario may have to be extended by an additional 2 or 3 turns (I'm on hard mode). I wouldn't say it's difficult, but the AI does a much better job defending in this one. Please take a look if you have the time.
Last edited by Aevyn on April 21st, 2014, 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

@lhaire
Redeem is a special attack, not an ability. It is obtained only by Efraim and Lethalia at the end of chapter 6, there is no way how other units could get it, and no gear can affect it (well, if you have used Potion of Madman's Alacrity, you might have another try if you miss and its damage might be affected a bit by bonuses to spell damage, but these effects are completely neglectful).

@Others
Thanks for opinions, for now I think that I'll not edit it (anyway, if you check the walkthrough, you'll see where she is hidden).
lhaire

Post by lhaire »

Dugi wrote:@lhaire
Redeem is a special attack, not an ability. It is obtained only by Efraim and Lethalia at the end of chapter 6, there is no way how other units could get it, and no gear can affect it (well, if you have used Potion of Madman's Alacrity, you might have another try if you miss and its damage might be affected a bit by bonuses to spell damage, but these effects are completely neglectful).
Thanks for the detailed explanation. If finally now all makes sense - I haven't seen redeem yet because I'm only in the middle of chapter 6! :doh: