Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

MarsuveesBlack

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by MarsuveesBlack »

I love the campaign (I am in part 3), but I have been getting this error every single time Lethiaila and Efriam(perhaps even all the main characters) are about to level up:
<Lua error> game_error: unknown unit type: AdvancingLethalia1
stack traceback:
: in function 'cmd'
...iles/Battle for wesnoth 1.10.5/data/lua/wml-tags.lua:292: in function 'handle_event_commands'
...iles/Battle for wesnoth 1.10.5/data/lua/wml-tags.lua:307: in function 'if_while_handler'
...iles/Battle for wesnoth 1.10.5/data/lua/wml-tags.lua:313: in function 'cmd'
...iles/Battle for wesnoth 1.10.5/data/lua/wml-tags.lua:292: in function 'handle_event_commands'
...iles/Battle for wesnoth 1.10.5/data/lua/wml-tags.lua:307: in function 'if_while_handler'
...iles/Battle for wesnoth 1.10.5/data/lua/wml-tags.lua:313: in function 'cmd'
...iles/Battle for wesnoth 1.10.5/data/lua/wml-tags.lua:292: in function <...iles/Battle for wesnoth 1.10.5/data/lua/wml-tags.lua:256>

I totally have no idea what the stuff above means, if you could help that would be great..
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

You must have updated from a terribly old version, and used old save files. Try to restart the chapter from the campaigns menu. I am writing the updates so that if I change something important, I am making it correct itself automatically (maybe causing some lesser havoc in the process), but you probably weren't updating for far too long (looks like if it was for more than 6 months), and I am not keeping codes for retrospective compatibility for so long.
Alternatively, you may send me the save file, I will try to update it.
otrobloginutil

Post by otrobloginutil »

Really nice campaign. Lot of hours good invested.

Just a comment about the crafting. It is not easy to build anything with this method becuase you do not know the "ingredients" until the end. And then you can not go back but start from the begining. For me I put a copy of the code, but should not be the only solution :)

Waiting for more updates!
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I am glad you liked it.

About the crafting, I don't know how could it be properly displayed on the list, there would be probably too much information, making each option overly long. For now, it really only displays if you can or cannot do it, and the ingredients only if you go through a part of the crafting menus. I will try to figure something out, but I cannot promise anything.
DuckyWucky2

Post by DuckyWucky2 »

WE WANT 9 and 10 YEEAAAAAAHHH!!! :P
TheZ

Post by TheZ »

otrobloginutil wrote:Really nice campaign. Lot of hours good invested.

Just a comment about the crafting. It is not easy to build anything with this method becuase you do not know the "ingredients" until the end. And then you can not go back but start from the begining. For me I put a copy of the code, but should not be the only solution :)

Waiting for more updates!
to simplify what dugi said, if you can make it its in white, if your cant its in red, though you might want to put this into the maker as a note to make it more clear.

anyways a few bugs to report, BFW verson 1.11.1 LOTI verson latest, when i level up various characters and end the turn (and in some cases move them as they have penetrate) they create clones, which vanish over time (unless you apparently rename them?) and sorry but this isn't no Naruto BS here, they shouldn't be doing that (Believe It! :lol2: ).

2ed issue, i found a wonderfully bugged book that is displayed as such
Glitch Item
New advancements : fencing offensive and defensive
New advancements : fireball, basic casting to explosive damage
New advancements : techniques of inspiring allies to do more damage

for another joke of a reference, did i find missing No? :roll: also there was no pic for this found at somewhat random but it did drop, just no picture.

other things that "should" be "fixed" but don't need to be. potions and books can be scraped for a gem. while in theory I suppose that you can boil a potion down to the underlining minerals that make it up and get a gem that way, it just doesn't make sense. And the book? well i suppose Diamonds ARE made from carbon, just super pressured and compressed. . . but ya.
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

Hi i ust played rthe campain and wondered why never get loyal units recruited, than i looked in the wml code and now i think it is a bug:

Code: Select all

[event]
        name=recruit
        first_time_only=no
	     [store_unit]
		[filter]
		     x,y=$x1,$y1
		[/filter]
		variable=advanced
		kill=no
	    [/store_unit]
{UPDATE_ATTACKS $x1 $y1}
#ifndef MULTIPLAYER
	[if]
		[variable]
			name=side_number
			equals=1
		[/variable]
		[then]
    {VARIABLE_OP loyality rand (1..50)}
		[if]
			[variable]
				name=loyality
				equals=1
			[/variable]
			[and]
				[variable]
					name=advanced.modifications.trait[0].availability
					not_equals="musthave"
				[/variable]
			[/and]
			[then]
because UPDATE_ATTACKS ends with

{CLEAR_VARIABLE advanced}

TheZ wrote: 2ed issue, i found a wonderfully bugged book that is displayed as such
Glitch Item
New advancements : fencing offensive and defensive
New advancements : fireball, basic casting to explosive damage
New advancements : techniques of inspiring allies to do more damage
ye its a good book and it doesn't even drop rare. The hard thing is that you cant see it.
i think it drops because of a unknown bug, but you can use it without problems.
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

DuckyWucky2 wrote:WE WANT 9 and 10 YEEAAAAAAHHH!!!
You will have to wait, it would be quite boring atm, I have the story prepared, also the enemies, but there would be no interesting scenarios, just a load of boring ones, because I still need a few more ideas. Additionally, I need somebody to send me a save file from the end of chapter 8, that was started and completed on the 2.4.10 or 2.4.11, or the difficulty might be badly wrong.
TheZ wrote:anyways a few bugs to report, BFW verson 1.11.1 LOTI verson latest, when i level up various characters and end the turn (and in some cases move them as they have penetrate) they create clones, which vanish over time (unless you apparently rename them?) and sorry but this isn't no Naruto BS here, they shouldn't be doing that (Believe It! ).
Still? What version do you exactly have? It worked on 1.11.0, but something in the way wesnoth worked was altered between 1.11.0 and 1.11.1, so that these issues started to happen (and this was because I learned how it worked and posted about it, making the devs realise it wasn't working as intended). I thought I had fixed it some time ago, making a part of the code check for versions and choose one of the ways, it clearly cannot work on versions between 1.11.0 and 1.11.1, but it should work on 1.11.1+, because I think I have tested it. Can you tell me more about your version?

About the glitch item, I have learned that the first item on the list had for reasons unknown a missing image. So I decided to create an item that would never drop and would be the first on the list. For coolness' sake, I gave it a few interesting properties. I am clueless at the moment how is it possible that it drops. I will have to figure something out. Does it really drop so frequently?

The possibility to smash books and potions was not intended, so it will need a small change.
gfgtdf wrote:Hi i ust played rthe campain and wondered why never get loyal units recruited, than i looked in the wml code and now i think it is a bug:
Thanks, I'll fix it. I never noticed that the chance to get loyal units dropped to zero at a certain version, when I rewrote the UPDATE_ATTACK macro.
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

I tried to find out the reason for the strage item and i found te following:

[case]
						value="weapon"
						[set_variable]
							name="item_sort"
							rand="sword,sword,sword,bow,bow,dagger,knife,crossbow,axe,axe,staff,staff,spear,mace,mace"
						[/set_variable]
						[switch]
							variable="item_sort"
							[case]
								value="sword"
								[set_variable]
									name="item_type"
									rand="22,22,55,55,14,14,36,36,36,28,28,28,107,107,113,113,113,117,156"
								[/set_variable]
							[/case]
							[case]
								value="axe"
								[set_variable]
									name="item_type"
									rand="29,29,29,90,90,84,109,109,109"
								[/set_variable]
							[/case]
							[case]
								value="staff"
								[set_variable]
									name="item_type"
									rand="30,4,7,110,110,110,141,141"
								[/set_variable]
							[/case]
							[case]
								value="bow"
								[set_variable]
									name="item_type"
									rand="31,31,31,23,23,86,86,112,112"
								[/set_variable]
							[/case]
							[case]
								value="dagger"
								[set_variable]
									name="item_type"
									rand="51,51,118,118,88,125,126,126"
								[/set_variable]
							[/case]
							[case]
								value="xbow"
								[set_variable]
									name="item_type"
									rand="46,46,46,46,47,47,47"
								[/set_variable]
							[/case]
							[case]
								value="knife"
								[set_variable]
									name="item_type"
									rand="53,53,53,108,108,119,119,135,135"
								[/set_variable]
							[/case]
							[case]
								value="mace"
								[set_variable]
									name="item_type"
									rand="74,74,74,74,74,75,75,75,75,127,127,145,145,57"
								[/set_variable]
							[/case]
							[case]
								value="spear"
								[set_variable]
									name="item_type"
									rand="91,91,92,92,93,94,95,140,140,140,150"
								[/set_variable]
							[/case]
						[/switch]
					[/case]

in the rand statement you say "crossbow" but in the case statment it is "xbow" that could be the reaeason for the item and it is the reason why crossbows never dropp.

EDIT: i noticed that it is crossbow in some (the earlier) scenarios and xbow in others
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
vanillared

Post by vanillared »

Two possible bugs with screenshots

The prophet ability to raise adjacent allies' resistances appears to making any ally resistances 0%
Resistance all 0
Resistance all 0

The dragon rider 2nd advancement of fire breathing is lowering the damage back to the original level. Screenshots below are of the level up dialogue for the dragon rider that already has one advancement of fire breathing. Taking the second lowers it back to the stock class level of 13/4
Dragon fire before
Dragon fire before
Dragon fire after
Dragon fire after
Note: I am playing on the iPad with the latest version of the LotI.
Edit: btw this is the best campaign that I have played in my 5 years of playing wesnoth.
TheZ

Post by TheZ »

Dugi wrote: Still? What version do you exactly have? It worked on 1.11.0, but something in the way wesnoth worked was altered between 1.11.0 and 1.11.1, so that these issues started to happen (and this was because I learned how it worked and posted about it, making the devs realise it wasn't working as intended). I thought I had fixed it some time ago, making a part of the code check for versions and choose one of the ways, it clearly cannot work on versions between 1.11.0 and 1.11.1, but it should work on 1.11.1+, because I think I have tested it. Can you tell me more about your version?

About the glitch item, I have learned that the first item on the list had for reasons unknown a missing image. So I decided to create an item that would never drop and would be the first on the list. For coolness' sake, I gave it a few interesting properties. I am clueless at the moment how is it possible that it drops. I will have to figure something out. Does it really drop so frequently?
wesnoth version 1.11.1, LOTI verson 2.4.11 general installed ran from desktop, all add-ons saved into root directory located on desktop. i had efraim cloned once,the clone spawned in the spot he WAS exposed to be in and the "real" something like one hex down and two or three to the left. had both at the end of the mission, real didn't have gear "equipped". To clarify, the real one HAD the gear, but the gear wasn't active (dropping and re picking up activated it). upon entering the next scenario, the "clone" was gone (with the exp i had gotten him) and the real didn't have any. Delly was cloned twice in one go ( ya three Delly's at once) same thing happened as with efraim as far as position and gear went, however after like 10 turns the clones vanished, I'm not 10% sure as I was using her as a barrier and not actively paying attention. Same thing happened with Leth, cloned, real one moved down and over, few turns later clone was gone. normal unit, shadow walker to be exact first AMLA, got cloned there was a unit or un-walkable hex were i believe it would have spawned the real, so it took the normal recall/ recruit position of north east to appear instead. after noticing this i changed the name of the cloned unit and some 40 turns later, clone is still there. i have yet to finish the scenario were the delly, leth and shadow walker clones were made so I don't know if the shadow walker clone will vanish as well

nother bug though, unit upon level up doesn't get rid of poison.

as for the "missing no" item, this is the first time i have seen it and i have done something like one and a half full play through.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

gfgtdf wrote:EDIT: i noticed that it is crossbow in some (the earlier) scenarios and xbow in others
That's probably an error in some scenarios. That explains why I haven't noticed it for long. Thanks!
vanillared wrote:The prophet ability to raise adjacent allies' resistances appears to making any ally resistances 0%
That's not supposed to happen. I have added that advancement recently and I haven't properly tested it, so I'll have to do some debugging. Why is the dragon on the picture in the black frame on the right coloured blue?
EDIT: It was increasing the resistances, up to a maximum of 0%. Therefore, it increased the resistances of units like Assassin or Fencer, but decreased them in most cases. Changed the maximum to 60%. Why is that damn dragon blue?
vanillared wrote:The dragon rider 2nd advancement of fire breathing is lowering the damage back to the original level. Screenshots below are of the level up dialogue for the dragon rider that already has one advancement of fire breathing. Taking the second lowers it back to the stock class level of 13/4
Looks like if I wanted to add it a bonus that would be too strong for an advancement so it was mitigated by a small decrease in damage, but there was an error with the other bonus.
EDIT: It was supposed to increase the number of attacks by 1, but I wrote atacks instead of attacks.

@TheZ Looks like if I never had fixed the error. I thought it worked on my 1.11.1 (I am using primarily 1.10.5, but I also have 1.11.1). Your description perfectly matches the others' description of the problem, and fits the explanation about the change in the way WML worked. Still, I don't know why my attempt to fix it wasn't working, I'll retest it. The poison that remains is related to this problem.
EDIT: The definition code that could distinguish versions was incorrect. I probably wrote a working for for 1.11.1, tested it, and then wrongly added this part to the usual code (LotI has the same code on both versions).
TheZ wrote:as for the "missing no" item, this is the first time i have seen it and i have done something like one and a half full play through.
This problem could not have appeared in the way it does before the last version of LotI, because, according to gfgtdf's explanation, you would never even see the message about finding the glitch item and it would have no effect.

EDIT #2: I have done the fixes, so the problems you experienced should disappear. I have also altered the crafting to show the materials needed for items and colour red the materials you are missing. Version 2.4.12 is out now.
vali

Post by vali »

I'm playing on 1.11.1, with legend of the invincible 2.4.11. When ever Efraim levels up, a duplicate of Efram is created.

To duplicate this bug: Take Efraim. Kill any unit, level up. Select "boost leadership" as the level up (I suspect any level up will cause this bug). A duplicate of Efraim will appear between the three units just to the south of Efraim, by the elvish healer unit. I have tested this 5+ times, and it happens every single time. Save game attached.
Attachments
LotI1-Ruins_of_Lost_Empires_issues.gz
(285.99 KiB) Downloaded 162 times
TheZ

Post by TheZ »

vali, dugi (in theory) just fixed this, update to 2.4.12 and restart the level your on or move on to the next one.
vanillared

Post by vanillared »

@Dugi, I think the blue dragon is an artifact of the iPad port iWesnoth done by lin dai. Much better port than the one done by Kyle Poole. However, there are some graphics bugs that occur.

Note, best part of the port is it is I can download user created content. :-)