Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 241

GamerRebellion

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by GamerRebellion »

dwarftough wrote: September 19th, 2020, 8:13 pm
GamerRebellion wrote: September 19th, 2020, 5:06 am Hi, I want to know, if somebody has this same problem. So I playing in the Passage of Detriment now, and it is very laggy, wherever I move my unit, it needs 3 seconds to the unit to move. I play Wesnoth on steam. Is there is anybody who has a solution to this problem?
I would advise you the same thing that Lilith advises to your heroes when you start this scenario: don't go there :)
Hahaha, maybe you're right, but I have a principle when I play a game "Explore all the map" :P
Spirit_of_Currents

Post by Spirit_of_Currents »

I ask advice how would it be good to use debug mode and/or .cfg editing to complete both parts while using only the units that must not die (or be destroyed).
There are very much electrical currents in my brain.

Post by 776 »

Elvish Assassin advance in MP mode cannot be completed when the player is attacking
If MP mode Player1 is empty, an error message will be displayed.
Attachments
LotI - Gladiators-Auto-Save9.gz
(298.87 KiB) Downloaded 280 times
MelficeBelmont

Post by MelficeBelmont »

How do you wound Argan in Old F(r)iends to stop him from moving. I abused flaming radience to take him down to 1, 11 after regen, but that seems janky and not intended. Without that method, after taking 1 hit he runs and the most damage I could do in a single hit was 32 but that doesn't stop him. I could harry with 26 dmg hits all the way to the exit letting him only regen once between hits but even then he just strolls right on out. He also walk through a complete surround. I am on 3.2.6c.
dabber

Post by dabber »

@Spirit_of_Currents, I think you can totally play with just the main characters. You won't really be able to explore every map, or grab every kill/item, and some enemies will be extra hard, but I'm pretty sure its doable. I know I've cleared multiple levels with just them. I know my Efraim has 90% killed early Beelzebub and certainly he has solo'd Demon Lords. If you wanted to cheat and make it easier, hack the save file to give yourself the gems to craft Dugi's Ward (probably boots) for each character.
My last play of part 2 I tried to use just the main characters, but I failed to resist adding some guys so I could grab get every possible piece of each map.
I would be most worried about chapter 1 and chapter 10. You definitely could not win the last scenario of chapter 10 without some good units.

@MelficeBelmont, you re-equip your units at the start to do maximum damage in a single hit. One unit exists only to hit him, the rest ensure no enemy ever attacks that unit. I used the loyal Dwarf with big hitting mace, charge ring, arcane or fire damage, every damage bonus I could muster. Another character with Warlord's rule armour. Maybe someone with Conviction or damage aura. Basically redo the equipment on everyone to maximize one single hit damage, and there are few enough other enemies you can handle them with imperfect equipment.
MelficeBelmont

Post by MelficeBelmont »

Hmm, I don't think I rolled any of the stuff that does the less hits more damage thing. I should have checked to see if any could be crafted. I had an elvish assasin but nowhere to recruit him. But thanks I was wonder about the damage threshold. Either way I got through it but didn't feel right to manage it that way.
dabber

Post by dabber »

@MelficeBelmont, I have the save game of the start of the next scenario, so I can tell you exactly how I killed Argan recently.
Efraim
Flaming Sword
Gloomy Amulet and Gloomy Cloak
Sinister Lunacy ring (charge)
Dark Helm and Dark Gloves of Destruction
He has only a few melee AMLAs (just the redeem weapons line), but that equipment still gives him 66 fire damage on attack, which is workable.
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

MelficeBelmont wrote: October 7th, 2020, 4:57 am How do you wound Argan in Old F(r)iends to stop him from moving. I abused flaming radience to take him down to 1, 11 after regen, but that seems janky and not intended. Without that method, after taking 1 hit he runs and the most damage I could do in a single hit was 32 but that doesn't stop him. I could harry with 26 dmg hits all the way to the exit letting him only regen once between hits but even then he just strolls right on out. He also walk through a complete surround. I am on 3.2.6c.
I used the way recommended in the walkthrough. I crafted a sword with charge, gave it to the Snow Hunter leader and attacked under Efraim's leadership
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
Developer and maintainer of my fork of World Conquest, Invincibles Conquest II
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

Spirit_of_Currents wrote: October 5th, 2020, 2:00 pm I ask advice how would it be good to use debug mode and/or .cfg editing to complete both parts while using only the units that must not die (or be destroyed).
This campaign is said to work poorly with the debug mode
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

'Poorly' as in 'mostly unplayable'.
MelficeBelmont

Post by MelficeBelmont »

I completely forgot about the walkthrough. Ah yeah charge would have made all the difference.
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

MelficeBelmont wrote: October 10th, 2020, 5:56 am I completely forgot about the walkthrough. Ah yeah charge would have made all the difference.
Also items which reduce the number of strikes for increased damage or merge attacks in one strike are handy in this encounter.
Pho

Post by Pho »

Hello everyone! This is my first ever post on this forum. I'm currently enjoying the scenario Tundra from Part II: Into the light; and I must admit I was pleasently surprised finding a certain item called Misery's Crown. Loved the Dark Tranquillity reference, especially because I was just listening to them while playing, they released the new album Moment recently :)
Props to whomever designed the campaign and the item system, wrote the story, designed the sprites and/or also added these little easter eggs, I'm having tons of fun!
Vorenus

Post by Vorenus »

I get the Undead Legacy on Efraim !

I'm still in the early first scenarios (in the lava prison cave) and new to that amazing campaign... Is it worth it to follow that legacy, especially for the "Lich in case of death" stuff ? Do Efraim turn anyway into a lich or an undead at some point in the campaign (and so nullify that legacy) ? I'm affraid there is some bad hidden consequences to turn the main char into a lich, especially considering the costs of AMLA and legacy on him.
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

Vorenus wrote: November 27th, 2020, 12:37 pm I get the Undead Legacy on Efraim !

I'm still in the early first scenarios (in the lava prison cave) and new to that amazing campaign... Is it worth it to follow that legacy, especially for the "Lich in case of death" stuff ? Do Efraim turn anyway into a lich or an undead at some point in the campaign (and so nullify that legacy) ? I'm affraid there is some bad hidden consequences to turn the main char into a lich, especially considering the costs of AMLA and legacy on him.
You don't want Efraim to use that "lich after death", he's much more powerful in the living form (and I wonder whether you're even allowed to let him die even with this advancement). You can grab some resistances though, that might be useful