Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

EscaperCZ

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by EscaperCZ »

Hello, so I finally got to the point where I am stuck with(probably) no possible chance to get out of that. I am running Wesnoth on my Android via emulated version of the game.
The problem is that:
When I attack with Efraim or if I kill a unit in defense with Efraim, whole game crashes and I have to restart the game and start from autosave/last save.
The problem started in chapter 2, circa in the 3/4 of the chapter.
Now I got to the end scenario in chapter 3("Nightmare") and to get the scenario done is a real "Nightmare".
So if you have any advice how to get rid of that problem, I would be really happy.
Howgh!
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I don't know what's going on, it doesn't happen on computers, so there's probably a bug in the Android port. Wesnoth is not supposed to crash from any add-on code. Experimenting with the game on Android to research the issue would be very impractical. Maybe you could contact the Android maintainer, he might have some development tools for Android to find it easier.

The issue that it crashes exactly when Efraim is involved is weird by itself, it looks like an ability doing something unusual. Maybe you could find a save file where it happens always and try to remove all items to see if it's not caused by some particular ability (Efraim has almost identical abilities to Lethalia, you aren't reporting her to make trouble).

It might be related to the often reported iPhone bug (no idea what to do with it), if you kill too many enemies, the soul eater or redeem ability may ask you to choose a new advancement path, but the text is too large for the screen size and it crashes.
Zarkussell

Post by Zarkussell »

In response to the often reported iPhone bug, would getting a larger phone (6+) or an iPad be a possible fix?
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I don't know. Most phones have a larger resolution than my laptop has (1366x768, I have written all wesnoth content on with that resolution), yet they have problems while my laptop hasn't. I don't know if more content fit the screen or the text is just larger. If more content fits the screen, then it might help.
ItsDaKoolaidDude

Post by ItsDaKoolaidDude »

Damage decreased by what?
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (50.82 KiB) Viewed 4815 times
You spent the entire game, going in circles! It's like the equivalent of Homer Simpson doing cartwheels on the kitchen floor, and you still won?! -Johnny (BSC)
matsjoyce

Post by matsjoyce »

Seems that in medium mode, the damage is zero, while non-zero in hard and easy (https://wiki.wesnoth.org/LotI_Items#Sou ... any_weapon). Just a small display bug by the looks of it.
ZIM

Post by ZIM »

I want to report a bug,

It seems Lethalia's meteor attack is capable of not only damaging enemies unit, but also allied unit if they close enough.
Also, the dead ally unit has a chance to drop items, like enemy unit.

Here's the savefile and replay :
Attachments
LotI1-Into_the_Shadows.gz
(256.19 KiB) Downloaded 165 times
LotI1-Into_the_Shadows_replay.gz
(676.75 KiB) Downloaded 141 times
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

@matsjoyce & Koolaid
I'll make it ignore that thing and not add it as a line.

@ZIM
I have fixed that quite recently, not uploaded yet if I recall correctly.
JakobiT

Post by JakobiT »

I have started the LotI campaign but i'm hesitant to continue with the bugs i've run into. I'm running Windows 10 64bit which may or may not have something to do with it.

They mostly have to do with the item storage system.
First I am unable to store items. Here is the error that comes up.

The second is when I try to unequip all items and store them, the unit that I attempt this on just gets deleted.
I tried it on my main unit and this happened.

I thought it may have had something to do with the Wesnoth version but it happens on both the 1.12 and 1.13 versions.

Also the invalid WML errors in the images above show up almost any time I do an action but that might be normal, i'm not sure.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Mandatory WML Child missing, yet untested for is a bug in wesnoth, it's related to some missing check in code.

The deprecated [modifications][advance] is a problem with a large difference between the 1.12 and 1.13 code where I am not quite sure what to do to make it work on 1.13 without breaking compatibility with 1.12.

These bugs might be eventually fixed, but it won't be fast. Press Ctrl+X to hide the reports.
JakobiT

Post by JakobiT »

So just to be clear I'm assuming that means if I were to revert to a previous version of Wesnoth it would possibly eliminate these issues? If so is there a version that you'd suggest where the storage system works? It's a really cool and interesting addition to the campaign it's a shame to not be able to use it.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

It should be all right on 1.12, the 1.13 version is a bit experimental because of the unexpected WML engine changes (if only the intended changes to behaviour were done, the inventory system should mostly work with a few harmless error messages, but its depth causes every single engine error to manifest). 1.13 is an experimental version and it should be treated as an experimental version, not as an update.
Techknow

Post by Techknow »

Hey Dugi, maybe you already fixed this but it seems Beelzebub won't spawn even if I met the prerequisite. I looked into this and found that the variable being updated is "saved_turns", but the variable being checked is "turns_saved" which is never updated, therefore Beelzebub can't spawn. I went into utils.cfg and changed all references of "turns_saved" to "saved_turns", after that in the next scenario in my game (Chapter 2, Scenario 1) the monument spawned. I did get the message way earlier than that which seems to be fine
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

True. I must have set the wrong variable when testing. I have fixed it in my copy, the fix will be in the next version.
ItsDaKoolaidDude

Post by ItsDaKoolaidDude »

Damnit Techknow, you got here first with Beelzebub.

Anyway, I'm having the same problems. He doesn't seem to spawn until the "Turns_saved" is changed to "Saved_turns"
You spent the entire game, going in circles! It's like the equivalent of Homer Simpson doing cartwheels on the kitchen floor, and you still won?! -Johnny (BSC)