Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 241

Stormblessed

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Stormblessed »

I don't have my old turns where it happened before, but I wanted to see if I could replicate what happened at my command. AND I COULD. Literally all you have to do is use a special AOE (such as whirlwind) and wait four-ish turns! And then you have double damage forever as long as you don't use an AOE attack again. Really might make some bosses really easy. (I just need an AOE attack on my Champion with anger and 14 strikes).

Okay I just attached three saves that might help you.

The first is turn nine where I haven't used Efraim's whirlwind attack yet

The second is on turn ten where I decided to just test things out, saved my game, and just based three turns.

Turn thirteen you can clearly see the attack has doubled. I didn't attach it, but on turn twelve the attack has increased slightly, but like 2 dmg.

If you want to replicate partially, go to turn ten and pass the turn a few times and keep an eye of Efraim. Or go to turn nine and cast the aoe attack yourself (it might be just whirlwind, but I do think it also works with Lethalia and her spells too I think, not just Efraim)

Also, my first time encountering Beezlebub! And crushed him for a really shiny pile of sweet loot. I can definitely see myself spending an hour (or more) trying to figure out how to best distribute it! Hope this helps.
Attachments
LotI2-Search for Elves-Auto-Save9.gz
(384.68 KiB) Downloaded 300 times
LotI2-Search for Elves Turn 10.gz
(391.57 KiB) Downloaded 328 times
LotI2-Search for Elves-Auto-Save13.gz
(393.92 KiB) Downloaded 328 times
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I have looked into it and found that a certain weapon special doubled his damage. I have found that when the penalty expired, the weapon special controlling the penalty added an empty string of damage instead of 0 damage and that somehow caused his damage to be multiplied by 2 (possibly because that kind of weapon special is mainly used for charge that doubles damage). I have fixed it on github.
matsjoyce

Post by matsjoyce »

@Stormblessed Nice work!
Stormblessed

Post by Stormblessed »

Two more things:

I have two elvish assassins. And for some reason they have two Execution attacks (non AMLA). But it doesn't show in the book that it gets two (one better, but only on attacks)

Also, when I went to level to an Elvish Nightprowler, I ended up being able to choose between two Elvish Nightprowler options. They both were the same, but one had this entry. Note: I didn't get any of the thirty abilities listed. Also, here's a save in case you want to try leveling it yourself.
Attachments
LotI2-Tundra Turn 12 For leveling prowlers.gz
(474.39 KiB) Downloaded 353 times
Odd.PNG
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

The problem isn't in Elvish Nightprowler, but in that specific Elvish Avenger. How did he enter the game? I suspect it as the unit debug command, which you are not supposed to use. I equipped him an item to make him update and he advanced correctly.

EDIT: Because I am sick of error reports of this kind, I have made a change to the github version that uses some new functionality of 1.14 to prevent this from happening. I would like somebody to try it out and see if I haven't accidentally broken something unexpected.

EDIT #2: If somebody tries and it confirms everything works, I will publish an update with all the incremental changes and a total of 5 new items and a new crafting recipe.
Small preview of what's to come
Small preview of what's to come
beelzebubs_hammer.png (67.35 KiB) Viewed 5967 times
Stormblessed

Post by Stormblessed »

So, the Elvish Avenger entered the game as one of my Ally's stuff which was given to me at the end of the elvish scenario. I used it because it had exp already on it and was halfway to level 4 already. I certainly did not use the unit debug command, which I don't know how to use and why would I want to use it to get an Elvish Avenger of all things?

Also, if I could potentially request a feature? Maybe the Unit Information page (which is new?) could have a section about gear slots and items equipped there. So it would be easier to know what items can be equipped to each unit. I'm not explaining it well, but also it would be useful to know how much resistance and chance to hit are being wasted. (because chance to hit tops out at 80%? and resistance is 90%? But it would be nice to know how much from gear is wasted for optimal distribution of gear)
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Strormblessed wrote:So, the Elvish Avenger entered the game as one of my Ally's stuff which was given to me at the end of the elvish scenario.
Then it was a consequence of another bug I found earlier this week while attempting to fix the bug with units retaining the geared trait. It should not matter because of the catch-all fix for this category of bugs.
Stormblessed wrote:I certainly did not use the unit debug command, which I don't know how to use and why would I want to use it to get an Elvish Avenger of all things?
People like to try things out. Usually, they don't wanna cheat, but they want to see what happens if they do something and reload a save file when done.
Stormblessed wrote:Maybe the Unit Information page (which is new?) could have a section about gear slots and items equipped there. [...]
There is no such thing as slots. The equipability of items is derived from the attacks the units have and should be intuitive enough. This would do little more than show the same stuff that was shown in the previous window, cluttering it. Also, it's quite impractical to implement because the items a unit can use are not saved in the unit.

Maximal resistances are set to 80% for blade, impact and pierce, 90% for fire and cold, 70% for arcane.. Abilities can further increase these resistances. These limitations are calculated elsewhere and impractical to access from the unit info panel without rewriting the campaign's bowels.

There is no maximal chance to hit. Attack a Burning Soul with an attack without any specials if you don't believe me.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

jasper13 wrote:I have moved Lethalia to the southern border of the map in the “Infinite Legion” scenario or LoTL, but the scenario does not end. Am I doing something wrong? Any help would be most appreciated.
Strange. Can you upload a save file?
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

By the way, because I am preparing to publish a new version, I am making some finishing touches and an improvement of the names of demons is among them. I have implemented a system that generates names in a much more controlled way and it's part of wesnoth 1.14, so I am going to make use of it now. Here is an online generator of names of demon lords.

A few examples:

Code: Select all

Kadael who Ravages the Paradise
Irgorath from the Unholy Temple
Bephlegtragriel who Kills Callously
Ergoroth from where Screams of Men Are Always Heard
Irtraggorath the Tormentor of Light
It can generate hundreds of such titles.
BTIsaac

Post by BTIsaac »

Would there be a "Haxxor, wielder of giant axes"?
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

BTIsaac wrote: July 11th, 2018, 11:53 am Would there be a "Haxxor, wielder of giant axes"?
No, that would better fit a troll, orc, dwarf or ogre or something.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Dugi wrote: July 11th, 2018, 12:17 pm
BTIsaac wrote: July 11th, 2018, 11:53 am Would there be a "Haxxor, wielder of giant axes"?
No, that would better fit a troll, orc, dwarf or ogre or something.
Could you generate titles for enemy/allied leaders/special units and for units on your side that reach max level as well? :D
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Konrad2 wrote: July 11th, 2018, 12:29 pm
Dugi wrote: July 11th, 2018, 12:17 pm ...
Could you generate titles for enemy/allied leaders/special units and for units on your side that reach max level as well? :D
It was easy to do with demon lords because they are implemented as a special race in order to give them super strong traits.

It should be doable for others, but there are some extra complications - they can't all have the same titles, a saurian leader needs a different title than a corrupted elf leader. And I have currently no idea how to do it without manually placing indices into every scenario what kind of title should the leaders have. Same for allies, allied bandits shouldn't have the same titles as allied elves. Bandits and loyalists are even the same race and need different titles.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Dugi wrote: July 11th, 2018, 8:32 pm It was easy to do with demon lords because they are implemented as a special race in order to give them super strong traits.

It should be doable for others, but there are some extra complications - they can't all have the same titles, a saurian leader needs a different title than a corrupted elf leader. And I have currently no idea how to do it without manually placing indices into every scenario what kind of title should the leaders have. Same for allies, allied bandits shouldn't have the same titles as allied elves. Bandits and loyalists are even the same race and need different titles.
Could you do it by implementing multiple name generators, firstly split by allied/enemy, then by race and then in some cases (outlaws/loyalists) by factions?
I mean, would that make it easier?
(That would be 2*(number of races + amount of special cases) name generators, right?)

EDIT:
Now that I think about it, evolving titles for your units would be awesome, but that sounds even for me like too much work. And I wouldn't be doing that work. ._.
And Ghosts/Skeletons would probably need different titles too...this probably needs too many details to be reasonable. :/
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

There would not be too many title generators, because they could cover more unit groups. There might be chivalrous, heroic, wizardly, dark, criminal, warlike, sneaky, brutish and maybe one or two others and each group of units would get name from one or several groups of titles. Orcs could get warlike and possibly also brutish depending on type and warlike would also be used by human soldiers and brutish would also work on trolls. I think this is evolving into a feasible idea.

You can currently give a unit a title by renaming it and I don't want to prevent you from doing it, but I guess it cannot compensate for this.

I think I could replace the current poll with this. The Skeletal Dragon is replaced by the new sprite with custom animations already anyway.