Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 241

Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Konrad2 »

BTIsaac wrote: June 20th, 2018, 10:38 am That's not exactly how it works. Beelzebub can appear on any map (that lets you recruit, at least), provided you meet certain conditions (from what I understand, you need to level up your heroes). You know when that happens because you will get a message of Beelzebub being summoned at the end of a scenario. When that happens, You will find his obelisk in a conspicuous location during the next scenario.
If that hasn't changed since the last time I've played, it happens when you've accumulated a number of 'unused' turns by finishing early.
musicc

Post by musicc »

Is there an official method or caculation on how many unused turn to get him? Each difficulty has different turn per victory. The higher the difficulty, the lower number of turn per scenero. Does this mean, it is impossible to get him in certain scenero compared to easy difficulty.
matsjoyce

Post by matsjoyce »

So the official method is: For each scenario, take the percentage of the turns left, and add them up. This is your saved turn counter. Once this >= 500%, Beelzebub comes knocking. Once you activate the monolith, your saved turn counter decreases by 500%. Simple as that.
musicc

Post by musicc »

Thanks. Here I am trying to beat all sceneros with the lowest turn as much as possible to have him come out back to back scenero.
musicc

Post by musicc »

Bug report. i am using the new Wesnoth 1.14.3 and game version 3.2.1. The loyal recruit unit still cost upkeep.
Sysae

Bug Report and Question

Post by Sysae »

Hello!

Thanks for the fantastic campaign! However there are something that I've found:
When I removed items from the ITEM menu instead of removing after recalling the unit), the icons of that unit is not changed, the description of the unit sometimes doesn't change either. I believe this is a bug and will lead to some minor confusion sometimes.

Also I've noticed various intensity-related abilities (HEAL, DESPAIR, etc) don't stack very well. Are there any explanations on how that works?
For example, elvish shyde (default heal+8) with a heal+40 ring, what is the final outcome?
If you have different DESPAIR effect from your various equipments, do they sum together or take their maximum?
I think it's better to write it down somewhere in the game documents..

Thanks.
Spirit_of_Currents

Post by Spirit_of_Currents »

There is a bug in the multiplayer gladiator scenario. After the first fight, the big map becomes almost completely black. It only shows my unit, the enemy unit, and the glow of a dropped item. I remember this isn't new, but not becoming visible again is.

I also got following message:
<Invalid WML found> [gold] missing required amount= attribute.

Edit: the game was somewhat slow every time I clicked End Turn.
There are very much electrical currents in my brain.
BTIsaac

Re: Bug Report and Question

Post by BTIsaac »

Sysae wrote: June 25th, 2018, 3:01 am Also I've noticed various intensity-related abilities (HEAL, DESPAIR, etc) don't stack very well. Are there any explanations on how that works?
I always assumed they just don't stack at all. I'm not sure if there's something in place to make sure the stronger version overrides the weaker one though, but it would make sense if there is.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

profyverya wrote:Legend of the invincibles" is the best Wesnoth campaign. Dugi, what do you think about creating the 3rd chapter?
No. The story is finished. A continuation would have too few player controlled characters and too many enemies, which would better suit an action game. And it's impossible to make such an add-on. I have created three spin-off campaigns, The Beautiful Child (after LotI, LotI protagonists are only background characters there), Affably Evil (a prequel to LotI) and Kill the King (comedic campaign, LotI characters are there, but assume false identities). I was working on another game, but I had taken more than I can chew and got terribly delayed. It's somewhat playable, but since I ported it to a new version of one of the libraries it uses, I am struggling to get the old functionality back (on the other hand, the new library version is super fast in things it does support).
musicc wrote:Can you update the game to include victory at X turn for hidden boss or something to help player find him?
The pillar is in 80 scenarios total and there should be at least several per chapter. If you miss one, you lose nothing, the turn saving score is preserved and you will be given another chance in the next scenario where he can spawn. You may even intentionally miss him and then spawn him several times in a row in consecutive scenarios (provided he can spawn there).

BTIsaac is somewhat wrong on this.
musicc wrote:The loyal recruit unit still cost upkeep.
This was fixed, but the fix is not on the server yet.
Sysae wrote:When I removed items from the ITEM menu instead of removing after recalling the unit), the icons of that unit is not changed, the description of the unit sometimes doesn't change either. I believe this is a bug and will lead to some minor confusion sometimes.
This bug is there for very long, but I am failing to find it.
Sysae wrote:Also I've noticed various intensity-related abilities (HEAL, DESPAIR, etc) don't stack very well. Are there any explanations on how that works?
This is the (probably unintentional) behaviour of wesnoth's engine. The ability with the highest numerical value overrules others. Despair is negative leadership, so the weakest despair is the strongest leadership and replaces others.
Spirit_of_Currents wrote:I also got following message:
The message is essential. The error message causes the code to stop executing, preventing further changes from being done, such as restoring the light. I have found an error that typically causes this, but i might be wrong. Therefore, it should be fixed on github.
Stormblessed

Post by Stormblessed »

So I decided to replay this since it's been many years. And I rediscover wesnoth every now and again and I really like items and being able to build you own mega awesome units here.

But this first scenario of chapter 6 seems actually impossible to me now. And it clearly wasn't before. Did I get worse? Did I underestimate the enemies here?

Importantly, there was a little WML issue here when Efraim is discovered.

But more importantly, or actually the true importance was that the damage of my unit(s) kept varying randomly throughout the scenario. They'd have full damage one turn, 1-5 damage then next, 75% the next, 90% later, back to full, back to 1, etc. It was soooooo bizarre. Is that supposed to happen?

Ninja edit: using the most current wesnoth and the most current LoTI
Attachments
LotI2-The Awakening replay. None of this makes sense.gz
(33.67 KiB) Downloaded 415 times
musicc

Post by musicc »

Dugi,.
Sweet. I looks forward to play again with the new fix. Ps. Any chance you have more craft items with movement increase or ability to craft rings/amulet.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Stormblessed wrote:But more importantly, or actually the true importance was that the damage of my unit(s) kept varying randomly throughout the scenario.
Attacks with an area of effect cause a drop in damage that fades over time by exponential decay. Don't use area of effect attacks if it isn't necessary and you'll be good to go.

The previous penalty of not giving experience for additional targets killed was replaced by this.

I'll look into the WML issue when Efraim is discovered. Wesnoth 1.14 seems quite fond of making serious consequences of petty errors.
musicc wrote:Any chance you have more craft items with movement increase or ability to craft rings/amulet.
I'll better not add crafting of rings and amulets, other items' crafting gives some armour resistances and rings/amulets shouldn't behave like armour. If you want some new crafting recipe with movement speed, you can design one.
Stormblessed

Post by Stormblessed »

By the way, is the damage aoe drop also supposed to result in a damage buff when I don't use the aoe attack?

All my damage is doubled right now and I haven't used aoe in a while. This is certainly an unusual change and development that needs more pondering if intended.
matsjoyce

Post by matsjoyce »

@stormblessed No, it isn't. It's a bug and someone else had the same problem. I haven't got enough data to figure out what is broken ATM though.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Stormblessed wrote: July 4th, 2018, 7:43 amAll my damage is doubled right now and I haven't used aoe in a while. This is certainly an unusual change and development that needs more pondering if intended.
Any idea about the circumstances of this? How can I make it reliably happen? Or a save file, ideally from before it happens?