Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

Dugi

Re: Legend of the Invincibles (chapter 6 is out)

Post by Dugi »

There was a serious mess. I hope I fixed it (but not uploaded).
Xavion

Post by Xavion »

dugi wrote:
I'd want being a non-cavalry unit that can use spears
Spearmen and Javelineers can use them, can't they?
Yes they can but the spearman levels to the javelineer and the javelineer has can only level up to a Halberdier or a Royal Guard, neither of which makes any sense really and niether of them can use spears so that you can't have a max level version that can use spears which is what I want.
gosh

Post by gosh »

Sorry for asking this in this thread, but i need to know how i can get chapter 6 of LofT..i've completed till chapter 5..pls help :mrgreen: And btw the campaign's awesome.... :D
gosh

Post by gosh »

Sorry for asking this in this thread, but i need to know how i can get chapter 6 of LofT..i've completed till chapter 5..pls help :mrgreen: And btw the campaign's awesome.... :D
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Sorry for asking this in this thread, but i need to know how i can get chapter 6 of LofT..i've completed till chapter 5..pls help And btw the campaign's awesome....
I am not perfectly sure what is your problem. So, I have two teories. First one is that you finish chapter 5, and it ends, to be continued, finishes with credits. That is okay, working as intended, you have to start chapter 6 from the campaign list, you cannot continue due to storyline reasons. The second theory is that chapter 6 does not show up anywhere. In that case, I don't know what might be the problem, if you have updated it in the last week or two (on wesnoth 1.8, wesnoth 1.10 or wesnoth 1.11, therefore on all servers where I ever uploaded it).
Yes they can but the spearman levels to the javelineer and the javelineer has can only level up to a Halberdier or a Royal Guard, neither of which makes any sense really and niether of them can use spears so that you can't have a max level version that can use spears which is what I want.
The reason why Javelineers advance to Royal Guards or Halberdiers is that they would be quite useless if they didn't. I don't have any ideas what should they advance to (well, guys in leather armour dual-wielding spears were known as berserkers between the Vikings, but the fantasy tradition make something absolutely different from berserkers), if you have any ideas (that would not be just a mere bigger javelineer), come on.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Konrad2 wrote:small issue: in "Sightseeing" 58,40 is empty where a elvish lord should be
when you get attacked by the lord on 62,39 the army of the missing lord appears but not his own
when you get attacked by the lord on 67,42 the army of the lord from 62,39 appears but not his own
when you get attacked by the lord on 69,52 the army of the lord from 62,39 appears but not his own
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I read through the file, and found more errors of this kind, should be okay once I upload it.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

i guess i dont have to tell about the next 2 errors i found?
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Guessed correctly. I checked the locations of the lords, one by one, they should be okay.
I might have created new errors, of course, so if something's wrong, it probably isn't wrong on the server.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Konrad2 »

issue: in "Bandits" at the beginning of the scenario are some units with me i didnt recruited or recalled that chapter (they are veterans from the chapter before)
the same happens when i skip "Bandits2 and just go to "Journey South" (same units)
Attachments
LotI1-Bandits-Auto-Save1.gz
pls take a look on it
(687.25 KiB) Downloaded 119 times
LotI1-Journey_South-Auto-Save1.gz
same units
(748.96 KiB) Downloaded 115 times
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

That's very strange. When I start that scenario, all units that were recalled were loyal, and those that were not recruited in chapter 3 stayed on the recruit list, as they should have.

Can you please send me a save file named LotI1-Bandits.gz? Because the save file you sent me was created after that the problem occurred, and I am unable to reproduce the error on older save files (but I didn't change anything in chapter 3's recall system from then).
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

k
Attachments
LotI1-Thirst_for_Adventures_replay.gz
(351.3 KiB) Downloaded 111 times
LotI1-Journey_South.gz
(367.27 KiB) Downloaded 89 times
LotI1-Bandits.gz
(367.26 KiB) Downloaded 106 times
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

All units that were autorecalled were flagged as recruited in chapter 3, but because they lack the loyal trait, they might have been flagged improperly.

Edit: Any units recruited in chapter 2, scenario 1 were improperly flagged as recruited in chapter 3. Get rid of these units somehow and continue, the next update will fix it, but it will not act retrospectively - these guys will be autorecalled forever, until the die, or you edit the saves, but it would be very annoying to do, or you replay it from scenario 1 chapter 2.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

thx...
i guess i will just play with them
they wont be a big problem cos there are nearly everywhere villages
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Remember that there are scenarios where villages don't give gold... These units will be a burden then.