Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Konrad2 »

AxalaraFlame wrote:
Konrad2 wrote:if i remember correctly he want to write about 10 chapters
Great...that means he would have more than 140 scenerios. :twisted: Is that a historical record in UMC history?
well i dont know what UMC is, but i tink the answer is yes :D
(if he hasnt broken the record yet)
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

In Chapter 6 scenario : into the light, victory_when_enemies_defeated should be set to no (instead of yes). When you defeat the demonologist, the objectives change so setting it to yes has some gameplay implications (loss of item, i believe)
A witty saying proves nothing.
-Voltaire
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

i dont rly understand your problem?
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

if i remember correctly he want to write about 10 chapters
The plan was 10 chapters, but I am not much sure if that would be an end - maybe a few chapters might be added later, I still have a few ideas. But I think it would not be a very long story, so it might be just a shorter multiplayer campaign.
BUG: when a cavarlu unit picks woodland cloak, its defense over forests decrases from 30% to 20%
This is a bug in Wesnoth. It is supposed to decrease the unit's chance to get hit by 10%, but because the horsemen have it -70% on forests that is supposed to mean something and is in most cases identical to chance to get hit 70%, but when it is modified (using the game's features, I was not messing up with this), it is decreased by 10% as with most other positive numbers, but in this case, -70% is decreased to -80% and the result is a chance to get hit of 80%.
I have written a bug report for this.
Great...that means he would have more than 140 scenerios. Is that a historical record in UMC history?
Isn't something over 100 that is written by now already a historical record?
(Konrad2, UMC=User Made Content, means all add-ons)
In Chapter 6 scenario : into the light, victory_when_enemies_defeated should be set to no (instead of yes). When you defeat the demonologist, the objectives change so setting it to yes has some gameplay implications (loss of item, i believe)
That was a bug. When you defeated him, the objectives were supposed to change to make you exit the cave. But I accidentally set victory_when_enemies_defeated to yes, I probably changed my mind while writing the scenario.
Also, I am not perfectly sure if it works, but the item that drops from the final leader, killing whom wins the scenario, is put into your item storage.

Update: 10 scenarios written, out of maybe 15.
AxalaraFlame

Post by AxalaraFlame »

Bro... :augh:
15 chapters, at least 150 scenerios...how long could I break it after all? :augh:
It seems that I am playing slower than you making it!
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I rarely make more than 2 scenarios per day.
And I am not planning to make 15 chapters, rather 10 chapters and then an epilogue that might maybe be more than one chapter and become another part if I make something up, but I think that the epilogue will be nothing but a finishing chapter (all the story I can imagine would be just one chapter long). Maybe working also on multiplayer, for diversity.

Update: 13 scenarios out of 15 written.
Last edited by Dugi on October 17th, 2012, 6:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
AxalaraFlame

Post by AxalaraFlame »

Dugi wrote:I rarely make more than 2 scenarios per day.
And I am not planning to make 15 chapters, rather 10 chapters and then an epilogue that might maybe be more than one chapter and become another part if I make something up, but I think that the epilogue will be nothing but a finishing chapter (all the story I can imagine would be just one chapter long). Maybe working also on multiplayer, for diversity.
:augh:

I rarely play more than 1 scenerio each day recently...maybe I already get old?
Regardless, you have done a great work. We all verbally support you :wink:
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

LotI1-EscapefO7.jpg
LotI1-EscapefO7.jpg (40.63 KiB) Viewed 3056 times
Hm, when I take it from there: Lethalia kills the bat, EdC takes the village and a potion, still has MP and all three units have the potion in inventory...

Bug or feature? :D

Still using the global_events.cfg I posted before.
Attachments
LotI1-Escape_from_Oblivion_Turn_7-vill.gz
(297.27 KiB) Downloaded 120 times
LotI1-Escape_from_Oblivion-Auto-Save7.gz
(296.54 KiB) Downloaded 111 times
I have a cunning plan.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Feature. The inventory is common for all units. If you use that potion, it will vanish from the inventory of each unit. Otherwise you'd lose more items if a unit dies, have to keep track, you would have to transfer these items between units (annoying in gameplay, uneasy to do), and it would be bloody annoying to search all units and all the recall list for an item you chuckled somewhere (this was annoying me terribly when I was playing Diablo II, Diablo III fixed it making it the same as I made it here, but Diablo III sucks in its whole gameplay conception).
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

ok, thx.

same scenario: after meeting Connor, the new victory condition is not updated in the scenario objectives.

Edit: oh, and having MP left after taking the village?
I have a cunning plan.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Edit: oh, and having MP left after taking the village?
A unit kept some movement after taking a village? That is not supposed to happen, and I did not mess with anything like this. Didn't he simply capture it by appearing over it or something more reasonable?
after meeting Connor, the new victory condition is not updated in the scenario objectives.
I did not know how to change objectives back then. I will fix it.
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

Dugi wrote:Didn't he simply capture it by appearing over it or something more reasonable?
???

Just replayed it from the situation above (pic/auto-save) and he doesn't have MP left, he actually has full MP (7/7); maybe the potion/inventory code somehow set back his movement status?
I have a cunning plan.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Ah, yeah, taking a Greater Healing potion restores the unit completely, that means including movement points, attacks, etc. If he didn't drink it, there is an old bug I have probably fixed, but it will need to be seen again after this update, I cannot remember what did I change after the last update.

Sorry for my confusing question, I somehow thought you were speaking about that Connor guy.
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

He just stored it.
I have a cunning plan.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I will release version 2.3.0 tomorrow night (I will try; a little problem is that balance is not tested in the last scenarios, my beta tester does not seem to have enough time, there is many long scenarios), and try it there then (not with the save file from there, updates don't update specific scenarios), for now I cannot say if you're using the version where I attempted to fix it or not.

EDIT:
@nuorc You must have an old version, storing a potion no longer heals the unit. Maybe even the newest version on the servers does not have the bug fixed, but it's fixed in 2.3.0 I am going to release tonight.

Update: 15 out of 15 scenarios written, finishing a few things.