Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 241

Dugi

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Dugi »

Congrats to whoever did this !!! (who did ?)
It was drawn by van Tarkin, somewhat edited by me and animated by me.
Anyway, moving on, seems like you didn't fix the knives bug (or did you not include it in that version ?). Knives still don't change anything on Efraim.
Trying that in a scenario started on this version?
Raijer

Post by Raijer »

Trying that in a scenario started on this version?
Ooops. Just tried. It does indeed work. Sorry about this. Also, i think the first time you unequip a knife that didn't have any effect, it will leave an after image, while not being here.

Anyway, when going back to "Sepulcher of the Nefarious", the event where you close the portal happens again, and Romero's army spawns again (not that i'm against more exp, but isn't supposed to happen).
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley
4b4b4b

Post by 4b4b4b »

hey dugi, im playing it from the start again

a few problems so far:

How am I supposed to beat twilight in chapter one? The turns given, the spawning rate and the freezing ability seems too hard to me, just want to make sure it is supposed to be like that?

Also, the attack type for Efraim is fixed, like it is always cold no matter what sword I use (even if the sword says fire or arcane)

Cheers :)
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

@Raijer
Raijer wrote:Also, i think the first time you unequip a knife that didn't have any effect, it will leave an after image, while not being here.
Do you have a save file where that happens?
Raijer wrote:Anyway, when going back to "Sepulcher of the Nefarious", the event where you close the portal happens again, and Romero's army spawns again (not that i'm against more exp, but isn't supposed to happen).
Fixed, that's not supposed to happen, a maximum of 4 encounters with Romero is assumed.

@4b4b4b
Hello,

You're the first one to complain about the difficulty of that scenario. I can make it easier, what difficulty are you playing it on?

Efraim dealing always cold damage? Didn't you take some AMLA that does that? If not, can you give me a save file where I can see the reason why it is like that?
edwardspec

Post by edwardspec »

Dugi wrote:2. Are you sure that this unit wasn't modified somehow by the scenario? Because that is too weird.
Yes, most likely it was. It was the enemy boss in some of the waves, and their resistances are sometimes improved.

Minor issue (probably not even worth fixing - letting you know just in case this affects something else):
if selected hero in Gladiators is Arch Necromancer, it dies during the first wave (the wave without a boss) and becomes a lich, then defeats the first wave, then:
1) in the second wave, two bosses appear (one of them - one turn later),
2) when the second wave is defeated (and the hero is teleported back to traders), both Arch Necromancer and Lich will rematerialize there (two hero units of the same player).
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

It was the enemy boss in some of the waves, and their resistances are sometimes improved.
Their resistance to arcane is always improved by 40%.
Arch Necromancer, it dies during the first wave (the wave without a boss) and becomes a lich
I did not expect this possibility, fixed it.
Raijer

Post by Raijer »

Joining the save file with the left-over image bug.
To reproduce it, you've got to unequip Efraim's knife on the ground, then unload a potion. Then re-equip the knife and store the potion.

Also, the "Passage of Detriment" has a big slowdown issue... Uncovering the map makes it slow a ton, i suppose you made it completely random ?
Attachments
LotI2-Sepulcher_of_the_Ne..._Tour_21.gz
(886.18 KiB) Downloaded 111 times
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Knife bug:
I was recently suggested to alter the on-ground image of knives to make them differ from daggers. They are now left-to-right mirrored. However, if you have some items with old icons stored on units, they will get updated at the time when you're picking up the item, and it will try to remove the new picture of the knife instead of the old one, and will fail to do that.
This is only a temporary issue and it will go away once you reequip all knives.

Passage of Detriment slowdown:
I think that it was 1.11.8 that changed the way shroud is updated, and the new way of updating the shroud is slower, and particularly slower on larger maps. That scenario is completely optional and disrecommended to play anyway because it is a crazy labyrinth.
By the way, I haven't made the map random, I've made it manually to make it very hard to pass and to make sure that the right way will be quite visible (though not distinguishable from wrong ways). Honestly, I had severe difficulties to find a way through it even without shroud.
edwardspec

Post by edwardspec »

edwardspec wrote:two bosses appear
Correction - there are always two bosses. Reproducible every time I tested.
Immediately after "The enemy wave will arrive at any moment", the message "Prepare your position for another enemy wave" is shown again. Definitely a bug.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

The boss shouldn't appear twice, I'll check what have I done wrong.
plamentg

Post by plamentg »

I'm very sorry if this has been discussed before but is there something like a list of all traits, weapon specials, etc. that appear in LoTI?
I'm using the iOS version of BfW and the options so far have been:
1. just ignore the feature
2. search the internet
The problem is that with two and a half zillion traits, specials, abilities, etc. searching would take more time than playing.
Sometimes several of the new features appear in the help screens, but they are fery few.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I haven't made any list of abilities anywhere, and yes, it might be hard to guess what is done by which ability. You can see a list of all abilities a unit has by opening its inventory and seeing unit properties.

However, I might code a help menu option that will list all the abilities and weapon specials of all units you and your current enemies currently have or are available through gear, if this last resort will be necessary.
plamentg

Post by plamentg »

Well "necessary" is too strong a word but such a list could be helpful. If it's not difficult and/or time-consuming of course. After all, I was able to complete the saga having no clue about half of the abilities (especially the demon-related ones in the final chapters).
sreesreearul

Post by sreesreearul »

I finished LoTI long before. Played second episode twice infact as I had lost the save by the time 9th and 10th chapter came out. Now all of a sudden i'm curious to know if 1)anyone managed to exhaust elenia's and effraim's development possibilities 2)forged dugi's wrath
In which please send me the save file i would love see 'em for the campaign finished b4 i could.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

@plamentg
I wasn't thinking about writing it manually, but to write some kind of automated mechanism to write it down.
Discuss the problem with traits better with dailin, on the PC version you can see the effects of traits by hovering over them, the descriptions are generated in a weird way by the game and it's hard to automate it by user-made code (in fact, it's not such a problem on versions newer than 1.10, but 1.10 is the iPhone version).

@sreesreearul
It isn't possible to exhaust Efraim and Lethalia's development possibilities, I've set the increase in their experience needed to advance so that more than 40 advancements would need insane amounts of experience that are practically unobtainable, maybe if you mowed the last scenarios of chapter 9 for weeks you could get 50. The number of advancements they can choose from is more than two hundreds in total.