Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 241

n_mouli

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by n_mouli »

Xara wrote:To test my SP mod, I played this campaign again, on Wesnoth 1.13.10, to the end of chapter 1. This is exactly the furthest point I have reached in my previous runs.

-My Lethalia failed to transform to lich, was always an Elvish Seer. I only realized that at Battle of Orgia, because she's given a keep but couldn't recruit.
I am facing the same problem on 1.13.10 as well. First time, i did an wesnoth upgrade from 1.13.7 mid-way and thought that may have caused this issue. But now after starting the chapter from scratch on 1.13.10 and with the latest add-on version from github, am still seeing that Lethalia did not transform to Lich.
Attaching the save file for the very next episode after Efraim transformed.
Attachments
LotI1-Toxic_Sun-Auto-Save1.gz
(405.71 KiB) Downloaded 236 times
matsjoyce

Post by matsjoyce »

n_mouli wrote:
Xara wrote:To test my SP mod, I played this campaign again, on Wesnoth 1.13.10, to the end of chapter 1. This is exactly the furthest point I have reached in my previous runs.

-My Lethalia failed to transform to lich, was always an Elvish Seer. I only realized that at Battle of Orgia, because she's given a keep but couldn't recruit.
I am facing the same problem on 1.13.10 as well. First time, i did an wesnoth upgrade from 1.13.7 mid-way and thought that may have caused this issue. But now after starting the chapter from scratch on 1.13.10 and with the latest add-on version from github, am still seeing that Lethalia did not transform to Lich.
Fixed now in https://github.com/Dugy/Legend_of_the_I ... d9b1280c8f. Thanks for the save.
n_mouli

Post by n_mouli »

matsjoyce wrote: Fixed now in https://github.com/Dugy/Legend_of_the_I ... d9b1280c8f. Thanks for the save.
Fix works fine. Thanks a lot.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

matsjoyce wrote:Fixed now in https://github.com/Dugy/Legend_of_the_I ... d9b1280c8f. Thanks for the save.
Thanks.
rebhuhn wrote:As it makes you an undead, should it protect against cancer or not?
The undeath is temporary, therefore it does not have to give all of its properties.
Xara wrote:Occasional lua error messages: for get_unit when feeding/infect happen.
This should be handled in core lua or report errors that look like Invalid WML found: blablabla, not that. There is be an error in lua. There might be an error in LotI.
Xara wrote:In the crafting Dialog, the item images fail to be shown. So I had no idea what type of weapons I was crafting. Would be nice if the text shows weapon types.
You choose the item type in the next menu.
Xara wrote:When advancing to new unit types, would get twice the same unit type option.
Don't use debug mode.
Xara wrote:No other bugs, but still my units failed to trigger {UPDATE_STATS} at the start of the game and at recall. That should solved my problem with Efraim being so weak, because I was playing him without item.
I will have to look into this.
Xara wrote:It pronounces Sha'ha, not Zara.
I pronounce it as Kzara.
n_mouli

Post by n_mouli »

n_mouli wrote:Testing the latest verison of add-on (git pull) from scratch on 1.13.10.
Seeing that items dropped by the enemy leader at the end of scenario are not added automatically to item storage.
Attaching a save file for the same. Can you please check?
Will you be able to take a look at this?
Thanks.
tohu-bohu

Post by tohu-bohu »

perte de temps...
Last edited by tohu-bohu on February 5th, 2018, 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
matsjoyce

Post by matsjoyce »

@tohu-bohu Did you have the fix below included? If not, post a save game and I'll take a look.
n_mouli wrote:
matsjoyce wrote: Fixed now in https://github.com/Dugy/Legend_of_the_I ... d9b1280c8f. Thanks for the save.
Fix works fine. Thanks a lot.
AlterAl2

Post by AlterAl2 »

matsjoyce wrote:
Fixed now in https://github.com/Dugy/Legend_of_the_I ... d9b1280c8f. Thanks for the save.
Thanks, it fixes https://github.com/Dugy/Legend_of_the_I ... /issues/62
knel

Post by knel »

I´ve completed this campaign already once on the highest difficulty and I´m thinking about playing it again. My questions:

What game version is recommended to play with at the moment? 1.12.6. or the newer development versions?
Is there any (significantly campaign changing) update coming soon that it´s worth waiting for it to start a new campaign run?
Is the campaign version 3.2.1 from the in-game download-manager stable and up-to-date enough or do I have to implement something on my own from the referred Github? I have really no programming skills so these files there are overwhelming for me and I don´t know what I could need from there and how to implement them properly. So if any of them are needed I would need some instructions for the implementation.
Are there still those demon attribute-combinations that makes them really resistant (high resistant percentage) against everything? That was a real downer in my first playthrough and made resistance-lowering items so mandatory.

I hope this post seems not too negative, I really liked your campaign (especially chapters 1-8, 9 and 10 became a bit annoying, repetitive and unbalanced) and I´m eager for a new try but still patient if there´s an update planned ;)
AlterAl2

Post by AlterAl2 »

Hi

If you want to test 1.13 , and don't care about bugs you can test it,
From time to time you'll need to fix something by yourself to keep playing , or carry on with bogus characters (like i do, or sometime just let one die)

Some know bugs (and 1.13.11 is coming, causing new bugs)
https://github.com/Dugy/Legend_of_the_I ... les/issues

If you just want to envoy this great campaign, or simply don't feel comfortable with bugs reports, i think 1.12 is the good choice currently.

my 2 cents.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

knel wrote:What game version is recommended to play with at the moment? 1.12.6. or the newer development versions?
1.12 is recommended. 1.13 comes through heavy changes and stuff often breaks suddenly. Sometimes those are deliberate changes, sometimes those are bugs in wesnoth.

If you want to play with it, better use the GitHub version, it's usually up-to-date. But before implementing an idea you come up with, please consult it with me because it might not fit into the general idea.

There are no plans for any significant update. If you have any ideas, you can write them here or on GitHub.
dabber

Post by dabber »

Hello again. I haven't been on here in nearly 2 years. Not sure why I stopped, or why I came back, but I've been playing LotI again recently. Parts of Chapter 9 are now a lot harder, with Black Soul Demons and the super annoying flies spawning.

I made it to chapter 10 and was quickly reminded of something that annoyed me previously - you cannot see what benefits lesser redeem provides to Krux. So I set out to fix it. Making the advancements into AMLAs instead of objects makes them show up in the existing Unit Information screen and doesn't have a drawback I have detected. What do you think?

Code attached (goes in abilities_events.cfg)
Attachments
lesser_redeem_amla.txt
(17.6 KiB) Downloaded 203 times
lhaire

Post by lhaire »

I finally finished Part II and enjoyed it immensely - nice job! A few comments/feedback:

1. I had previously made a suggestion/request a couple of times to group together the same items in inventory. The initial feedback I got is that this would be very technically challenging to achieve. However, after the last update I see that someone was able to find a way to achieve this. I can't tell you enough how pleased I was to see this - it makes managing the items so much easier. Thank you!

2. I had a very powerful duelist wizard which I eventually added Koschei's journal to. However, I later regretted it. Once I advanced to cone and explosive magical abilities then I got the lethargy penalty each time I used any magical weapon. I know that with Ice Dragon you have the option of using the non-explosive and explosive weapons, so at least you won't get penalized when you don't need to use explosive. I would suggest that the same option be made available with Koschei's journal (otherwise, you will get penalized each time).

3. My favourite legacy by far is Legacy of the Free (extremely powerful with champion bowman, elvish assassins, and dwarf technocrats). My least favourite legacies are Legacy of Titans and Legacy of Phoenix. For Legacy of Titans, I think either bigger damage bonuses or better regeneration would be nice - otherwise, I (personally) would unlikely even bother taking the advancements. For Legacy of Phoenix to be more useful, I would suggest taking away one of the resistance advancements (LoP3) and replace it with an incinerate weapon special. (Edit: These are just my personal preferences after completing the campaign for the first time. Perhaps LoT and LoPh didn't seem as "sexy" to me as the others, so maybe I didn't give them a fair chance :lol: . Probably the next time playing I'll give them a better shot)

4. I think there is a still a bug when you unequip items on the recall list. Specifically, if you unequip all items for a character (not in play) and when you do eventually recall them, they still show as GEARED and any associated abilities (from those weapons) are still shown (even though they are actually completely unequipped). It is only once you recall them and then explicitly unequip them again do they appear like they should.

5. I wish there was a way to do something with extra high valued gems. For example, by the end of the game I had 27 sapphires(!), but I had no real way to use them up. Perhaps being able to "trade" them in for lesser gems might be useful (for example, 1 sapphire for 2 rubies). I realize that a player would not normally do this, but it would be useful in those unusual circumstances where you have a large excess of highly valued gems.

6. I really liked the Stormrider Divine Emissary introduced in the last chapter. I see that there is some potentially really nice advancements with this character, but it is difficult for the character to achieve many of these advancements since the character is introduced quite late in the game and you don't get much of a chance to advance him quite far.

7. I also like the Arch Necromancers in the last chapter. I was hoping though that perhaps I would be able to get one of them earlier in the game by turning an undead into a dark adept (using LoL4); however, every time I used this I never got one. Was this intentional with LoL4 or just bad luck?

Thanks once again for a great game and I have already started over again :-).

Cheers.
Last edited by lhaire on February 25th, 2018, 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dabber

Post by dabber »

lhaire wrote:3. My favourite legacy by far is Legacy of the Free (extremely powerful with champion bowman, elvish assassins, and dwarf technocrats). My least favourite legacies are Legacy of Titans and Legacy of Phoenix. For Legacy of Titans, I think either bigger damage bonuses or better regeneration would be nice - otherwise, I (personally) would unlikely even bother taking the advancements. For Legacy of Phoenix to be more useful, I would suggest taking away one of the resistance advancements (LoP3) and replace it with an incinerate weapon special.
I agree that Legacy of the Free is great, although my thinking is clearly different than yours. I want it on extremely fast units and/or units that are slightly better at melee, because the bonus ranged damage balances out their melee power.
I like Phoenix primarily for the resistances. From the Ashes is a little weak, but I think any bonus resistance is highly valuable.
I find incinerate to be mostly insignificant - most enemies die before it hits them, or its damage is relatively too small for them to care. Yes, sometimes it is great.
lhaire wrote:4. I think there is a still a bug when you unequip items on the recall list. Specifically, if you unequip all items for a character (not in play) and when you do eventually recall them, they still show as GEARED and any associated abilities (from those weapons) are still shown (even though they are actually completely unequipped). It is only once you recall them and then explicitly unequip them again do they appear like they should.
Yes, but fixing that is hard. And not really important.
Elder2

Post by Elder2 »

If I am correct I once got legacy of titans on a dwarf hero, with items makes him almost unkillable.