Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 241

matsjoyce

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by matsjoyce »

@cold-hard-steel Owch. Could you talk to the iOS port guy, and see if he knows anything? Otherwise, could you try to extract a save file somehow and I'll take a look. I don't have an iOS device around to test LotI on, so I'm afraid there not much I can do otherwise.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Konrad2 wrote:Btw, I hate the spell eaters.
The enemies in chapter 7 had very similar weaknesses and their damage was too high. So I reduced their damage and added these guys to compensate.
matsjoyce wrote:I think Dugi covered that before, its too much work to disable.
If I recall correctly, I have intentionally left a way to get units of the ghoul line. They can be upgraded to Abomination, obtain a ghoul plague weapon special through AMLA and create ghouls on their own.

A big thanks to you for maintaining this campaign.
cold-hard-steel wrote:neither of the two protagonists are present and the 'game over' message comes up instantly
Maybe you installed the Unforgiving Hardcore Mod. It causes such behaviour if some of your leaders die.
matsjoyce wrote:Otherwise, could you try to extract a save file somehow and I'll take a look.
This requires jailbreaking the iPhone.

EDIT: I published version 3.1.1 to the 1.12 server. This includes all the bugfixes that matsjoyce has selflessly contributed. It also has 15 more items compared to the previous version.
EDIT #2: I published it to the 1.13 server too.
rebhuhn

Post by rebhuhn »

I just downloaded Loti onto my Mac this month, so it should be pretty up to date. Westnoth is 1.12.6

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but I have a Blackguard and wanted to upgrade his defenses, so crafted him
a Scourge of All Living. Since I didn't want him poisoned every turn from the cancer, I then crafted him
Intoxicator guantlets. Start of the next turn, and he's poisoned. Does protection from poison not protect
from cancer's poison?

Thanks
matsjoyce

Post by matsjoyce »

@rebhuhn Well, technically the Intoxicator (https://wiki.wesnoth.org/LotI_Items#Int ... any_armour) give the immune to poison ability (https://wiki.wesnoth.org/LotI_Abilities ... 0.93_dummy) which has the description:
Poisonous attacks have no effect on this unit.
So by the wording, it doesn't protect from cancer as it is not an attack. However, I think this might be a valid use case, so maybe it could be changed.
Elder2

Post by Elder2 »

Im pretty sure I tested it and it did protect from cancer.
matsjoyce

Post by matsjoyce »

Maybe the order you equip matters?
rebhuhn

Post by rebhuhn »

I'd thought of the equiping order and tried that out, didn't seem to make any difference. Start of the turn, he's poisoned. Your "not an attack" explanation sounds like a possibility. Thanks.
Elder2

Post by Elder2 »

Its interesting since unlife of the weapon protects from poison and intoxicator doesnt
rebhuhn

Post by rebhuhn »

Yes, giving him Soul Eclipse does protect against cancer where Intoxicator does not.
slaskie

Post by slaskie »

cold-hard-steel wrote:Not sure if there is a solution to this problem.
I'm playing on iOS and all was fantastic until the update. I lost my save (but such is life so no biggy) but the real issue is the campaign is now unplayable. If I ever have to load a save game (I was on the third scenario of part 2 when I had to stop and so I saved the game beforehand exiting the app) neither of the two protagonists are present and the 'game over' message comes up instantly (if I have no troops on the field) or after I have moved one of my remaining troops. Is there a plan to update this awesome add-on so it works well with the new iOS, do I have to wait for an iOS update that's more compatible with the campaign, or am I just screwed?
I also got this problem, but there is a workaround (however it is inconvenient)
The problem i think is that addons are not properly loaded after a restart of the app. However what does work is to go into addons, disable and redownload/reinstall the LotI addon. Then it will properly load the campaign saves and your leaders will be back etc. This is however very annoying that you have to reinstall addon every time you restart the app, and it requires and internet connection, so if there would be a way to "force" addons to load properly, without redownloading, that would be nice. I am not sure if this is a LotI specific problem, or if it is the same with other addons.

Over to a couple of my own questions:
1. What is the difference in difficulty (from easy to normal etc). Is there a set formula, or is it different every level?

2, After
Spoiler:
Any undead classes worth recruiting and levelling?

3. I got one of those fire magic books thingy, which kind of unit should i put it on to learn those skills?
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

rebhuhn wrote:I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but I have a Blackguard and wanted to upgrade his defenses, so crafted him
a Scourge of All Living.
matsjoyce wrote:However, I think this might be a valid use case, so maybe it could be changed.
This item was meant to be worn by undead because undead were thought to be too weak. Using something to protect from the poison is not an intended use case. Soul Eclipse might need a change.
slaskie wrote:The problem i think is that addons are not properly loaded after a restart of the app.
Please report this to the iOS maintainer, as this problem does not happen on PC and looks very much like an oversight, he downloaded an add-on, checked that it worked, saw it did and moved to other things.
slaskie wrote:What is the difference in difficulty (from easy to normal etc). Is there a set formula, or is it different every level?
There is no set formula, but there's a load of manually set changes. On higher difficulties, enemies have more gold, more enemies are spawned, more coloured units are recruited, enemy types may be stronger, enemy damage might be higher and enemy leaders might have additional abilities.
rebhuhn

Post by rebhuhn »

Dugi wrote:
rebhuhn wrote:I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but I have a Blackguard and wanted to upgrade his defenses, so crafted him
a Scourge of All Living.
matsjoyce wrote:However, I think this might be a valid use case, so maybe it could be changed.
This item was meant to be worn by undead because undead were thought to be too weak. Using something to protect from the poison is not an intended use case. Soul Eclipse might need a change.
That makes sense. Undead Legacy has the same wording as Soul Eclipse. As it makes you an undead, should it protect against cancer or not?
Xara

Post by Xara »

To test my SP mod, I played this campaign again, on Wesnoth 1.13.10, to the end of chapter 1. This is exactly the furthest point I have reached in my previous runs.

Impression:
I was reminded that how I couldn't get into the campaign: the campaign it's just too long. The battle sizes are larger than my liking, so I had to play quicker than I should. But this time I buffed my side with my add-on, so it's doable. It's actually an enjoyable experience. I wasn't patient enough to read dialogs (after a few lengthy battles) in previous runs, so was quite confused about the story. This time I finally understood what was happening, and I feel the story is good.

Some bugs:
-Occasional lua error messages: for get_unit when feeding/infect happen.
-Occasional lua error message: for ca calculation of AI, on big maps like The Ruin of Empire.
-My Lethalia failed to transform to lich, was always an Elvish Seer. I only realized that at Battle of Orgia, because she's given a keep but couldn't recruit.
-In the crafting Dialog, the item images fail to be shown. So I had no idea what type of weapons I was crafting. Would be nice if the text shows weapon types.
-Sometimes the item effects fail to load at the start of scenario.
-When advancing to new unit types, would get twice the same unit type option.

Question:
-Seems that the Efraim's damage output is much lower after becoming a lich?
-Possible to add LOTI AMLA to other unit types? I got Orcish Ruler, Naga Fighter, and Saurian Augur through my mod, but they only get +3 hp.
-Is there a digest version of the story available somewhere?
It pronounces Sha'ha, not Zara.

Feedback Thread of my Add-ons
Xara

Post by Xara »

Switched to the latest version in 1.12.6. No other bugs, but still my units failed to trigger {UPDATE_STATS} at the start of the game and at recall. That should solved my problem with Efraim being so weak, because I was playing him without item.
It pronounces Sha'ha, not Zara.

Feedback Thread of my Add-ons
n_mouli

Post by n_mouli »

Testing the latest verison of add-on (git pull) from scratch on 1.13.10.
Seeing that items dropped by the enemy leader at the end of scenario are not added automatically to item storage.
Attaching a save file for the same. Can you please check?
Attachments
LotI1-Banished.gz
(82.54 KiB) Downloaded 220 times