Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 241

Cashcam24

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Cashcam24 »

In the final chapter when I advance Krux(later version) and choose the damage aura path he gets the new more powerful one but also keep the damage aura he starts with.(my krux has damage aura 40 and 24 at the same time).

ps. nothing bug related. I love how you made the units advance more than normal and I thought it would be a cool idea if you added in the shadow mage units because they are some of my favorite units and it would make sense that they follow efraim and lethalia because they accept darkness and light in their army.
matsjoyce

Post by matsjoyce »

@Cashcam24 Already fixed: https://github.com/Dugy/Legend_of_the_I ... 0c6eebdca7 If you are using the addons server edition there will be quite a few bugs. Try using the GitHub version instead: https://github.com/Dugy/Legend_of_the_Invincibles
n_mouli

Post by n_mouli »

The game results in 'Defeated' for me on 'Meeting of the Ancients' right after it asks me to recruit 2 from my older recruits.
I see a "unknown conditional wml:[set_variable](65536) on the screen right after the 'The prince' started his dialog.
I am on 1.13.10 + mac-OS and the latest add-on version from github.
Attachments
LotI1-Meeting_of_the_Ancients.gz
Save file for the issue
(265.98 KiB) Downloaded 310 times
matsjoyce

Post by matsjoyce »

@n_mouli Fixed.
n_mouli

Post by n_mouli »

Thanks. Will pull the changes and verify.
matsjoyce wrote:@n_mouli Fixed.
Update-1: After i downloaded the changes, now the 'wml' error went away but still the game ends with 'Defeated' right after i choose the 2 recruits. On the screen i only see the 2 recruits and not Lethalia as well as the other Elves who came with her in the previous episode.
Update-2: Not sure whether that is the intent but in the episode 'Doomsday Omens', Lethalia can not recruit any new units as she is not set as the 'leader' (i guess) in the scenario configuration file.
Last edited by n_mouli on December 13th, 2017, 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Quoting me (I can't embed that many quotes in each other):
'Last survivors'
It's somewhat weird that the
Spoiler:
elves in the field are weaker than the elves your ally recruits. I mean...why? ._.

EDIT: Btw, I hate the spell eaters.

EDIT 2: Unit Information from Efraim shows his Soul Eater Score. (I played Efraim in Chapter 6, he transformed into a Demigod and kept his Soulscore.)
Redeem Score is not shown, when it's 0/X.

EDIT 3:
matsjoyce wrote:
Konrad2 wrote:Transition between Redeem (1) and Redeem (2)
When you redeem a 6th unit with Redeem (1) you can chose upgrades (ofc). And then, when you've chosen one the numbers '0/9' are displayed above your unit. But you only need to redeem 8 units for the next level of redeem.
Seems similar to the bug reported by King_Of_Sloths. Actually it wasn't. Fixed.
I don't know if you fixed it just for the transition between Redeem (1) and Redeem (2) or if you fixed it for the transition between Redeem (n) and Redeem (n+1).
That's why I'm reporting the same 'bug' for the transition between Redeem (3) and Redeem (4).

EDIT 4: I can create Necrophages in Chapter 7.

EDIT 5: It's possible to try and change the last advancement of a unit that had the ability 'necromancy' and died. And is now a Lich. (Sure, it doesn't work, instead the message "<Invalid WML found> Attempt to store nonexistent unit type 'Advancing Lich'" But still, you can rightclick the unit and chose to alter it's advancement.) (Quote end)
Any fixes for me yet? :/
King_Of_Sloths

Post by King_Of_Sloths »

LotI2-Truth_Turn_8.gz
Kill Beelzebub w/ the champion
(2.84 MiB) Downloaded 248 times
I killed Beelzebub with a level 3 unit (Elvish Champion), He leveled up into a juggernaut and amla'd, but i didn't get the option to choose his advancement, and when i checked his unit information it said "this is only temporary or something went wrong.

Edit: When Krux redeems an enemy after getting one advancement, it says x/7.5. Since redeeming half a unit is impossible, it should say an integer (Probably 7 since it says x/7 on the unit info screen)
matsjoyce

Post by matsjoyce »

n_mouli wrote:Update-1: After i downloaded the changes, now the 'wml' error went away but still the game ends with 'Defeated' right after i choose the 2 recruits. On the screen i only see the 2 recruits and not Lethalia as well as the other Elves who came with her in the previous episode.Update-2: Not sure whether that is the intent but in the episode 'Doomsday Omens', Lethalia can not recruit any new units as she is not set as the 'leader' (i guess) in the scenario configuration file.
There is something weird about your savefiles. Lethelia is not a lich, and can't recruit, and I think this is causing your problems. In Toxic Sun, she should transform. Did something go wrong in that scenario? Did you skip it?
Konrad2 wrote:Quoting me (I can't embed that many quotes in each other):
'Last survivors'
It's somewhat weird that the
Spoiler:
elves in the field are weaker than the elves your ally recruits. I mean...why? ._.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Konrad2 wrote:EDIT: Btw, I hate the spell eaters.
Yup, so do I.
Konrad2 wrote:EDIT 2: Unit Information from Efraim shows his Soul Eater Score. (I played Efraim in Chapter 6, he transformed into a Demigod and kept his Soulscore.)
His score should be cleared. Could you attach a save file for the start (pre-dialog) of 15_Apologies?
Konrad2 wrote:Redeem Score is not shown, when it's 0/X.
Yes, this is weird, but fixing it would require restructuring a rather large chunk of code. In the interests of not breaking the whole thing, I'll leave it alone.
Konrad2 wrote:EDIT 3:
I don't know if you fixed it just for the transition between Redeem (1) and Redeem (2) or if you fixed it for the transition between Redeem (n) and Redeem (n+1).
That's why I'm reporting the same 'bug' for the transition between Redeem (3) and Redeem (4).
I'm pretty sure I fixed it for all levels. Example plz?
Konrad2 wrote:EDIT 4: I can create Necrophages in Chapter 7.
I think Dugi covered that before, its too much work to disable.
Konrad2 wrote:EDIT 5: It's possible to try and change the last advancement of a unit that had the ability 'necromancy' and died. And is now a Lich. (Sure, it doesn't work, instead the message "<Invalid WML found> Attempt to store nonexistent unit type 'Advancing Lich'" But still, you can rightclick the unit and chose to alter it's advancement.) (Quote end)
Any fixes for me yet? :/
Code looks correct. Save file plz?
King_Of_Sloths wrote:
LotI2-Truth_Turn_8.gz
I killed Beelzebub with a level 3 unit (Elvish Champion), He leveled up into a juggernaut and amla'd, but i didn't get the option to choose his advancement, and when i checked his unit information it said "this is only temporary or something went wrong.
I think this one of the edge cases caused by the way advancement works in LotI. For space saving, advancements are only added just before advancement, and removed straight afterwards to reduce the size of savefiles. If wesnoth is not firing the events in the middle, then this won't work. Since this is quite rare and fixing it would require rewriting a lot of LotI, don't expect this to be fixed soon.
King_Of_Sloths wrote:Edit: When Krux redeems an enemy after getting one advancement, it says x/7.5. Since redeeming half a unit is impossible, it should say an integer (Probably 7 since it says x/7 on the unit info screen)
Fixed, hopefully.
n_mouli

Post by n_mouli »

There is something weird about your savefiles. Lethelia is not a lich, and can't recruit, and I think this is causing your problems. In Toxic Sun, she should transform. Did something go wrong in that scenario? Did you skip it?
No i didn't skip it but it was played with wesnoth-1.13.7 version and i later upgraded to 1.13.10.
When i see Lethalia now, she is marked as 'Elvish Seer' and not as preserved Lich. Should she remain as Preserved Lich? Will fixing the save file help?
matsjoyce

Post by matsjoyce »

@n_mouli Maybe, but I'm not sure how much breakage there is.
wolski888

Post by wolski888 »

Question: Is it possible to transition from 1.12 to 1.13 without having to start from the beginning? I attempted copying the save file from the old folder, and it seems to work but I did get some messages. This is the Gehenna scenario.
Attachments
matsjoyce

Post by matsjoyce »

@wolski888 It won't work, but the amount of breakage might be tolerable. You will end up with lots of warnings and missing behaviour, at least in the first few scenarios.
wolski888

Post by wolski888 »

matsjoyce wrote:@wolski888 It won't work, but the amount of breakage might be tolerable. You will end up with lots of warnings and missing behaviour, at least in the first few scenarios.
Such a shame, it really is a great campaign! Just too much to go through a second time, I'll continue chugging along and see what happens.
matsjoyce

Post by matsjoyce »

@alian (Did the post vanish? :? EDIT: Found it, it was on GitHub :| ): It's a wesnoth regression, reported https://github.com/wesnoth/wesnoth/issues/2310
cold-hard-steel

Post by cold-hard-steel »

Not sure if there is a solution to this problem.
I'm playing on iOS and all was fantastic until the update. I lost my save (but such is life so no biggy) but the real issue is the campaign is now unplayable. If I ever have to load a save game (I was on the third scenario of part 2 when I had to stop and so I saved the game beforehand exiting the app) neither of the two protagonists are present and the 'game over' message comes up instantly (if I have no troops on the field) or after I have moved one of my remaining troops. Is there a plan to update this awesome add-on so it works well with the new iOS, do I have to wait for an iOS update that's more compatible with the campaign, or am I just screwed?