Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

Dugi

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Dugi »

You may update at any time, the scenario you were playing is loaded from the save file and not from data files anyway.

Your problem is internet_user_names is quite insolvable - if I did something to it, it would corrupt your save files, and everybody prior to scenario 10 chapter 1 would have to replay all over.
Also, the name displays correctly, just that bizarre leader listing you found seems to display IDs written in the code instead of the real names. IDs are not supposed to display because they are not translatable, knowing the units' IDs may lead to awkward revelations. And they also need to be unique. I don't even know how you opened a window like that, but I tried all items in my menu and I never found a window that looked like that. So that window is probably impossible to be displayed under regular conditions. You saw a piece of the code there, nothing normally displayable, and you're not supposed to see that.
Last edited by Dugi on October 4th, 2012, 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

hi dugi, could you pls say what spells you showed on the screenshot so i can upgrade them :D
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

They may be obtained only with units the leaders are transformed into in the last scenario of chapter 6. And you're not very likely to obtain more than one there, maybe if you tried really hard... They will be rather obtained in chapter 7 and onwards. This was rather a trailer for chapter 7, as the first of the updates it needed was already done.
Anyway,
Spoiler:
P.S. What I forgot to write before, I am going to wait with adding other units I planned because I am out of ideas regarding their appearance, and add Chapter 7: Hand of Blood (might be named Bloody Heritage or something similar instead, not perfectly sure yet).
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

Dugi wrote:You may update at any time
thx
Dugi wrote:I don't even know how you opened a window like that, but I tried all items in my menu and I never found a window that looked like that. So that window is probably impossible to be displayed under regular conditions. You saw a piece of the code there, nothing normally displayable, and you're not supposed to see that.
Too much I know is because of stuff never supposed to happen... :annoyed:

I got there by the highly obscure ALT+S. :P

Right now, I'm at LotI1-Ruins of Lost Empires Turn 2; when I hit ALT+S, EdC's name displays nicely:
LotI1-RoLE-edcn1.jpg
LotI1-RoLE-edcn1.jpg (14.2 KiB) Viewed 3012 times
When I hit "More":
LotI1-RoLE-edcn2.jpg
LotI1-RoLE-edcn2.jpg (19.24 KiB) Viewed 3012 times
Want saves?
I have a cunning plan.
Crow_T

Post by Crow_T »

After not playing the campaign for a bit I decided to update and start from scratch, and I have to say its coming along nicely, I like the geared tag, as well as item storage. Am I correct in assuming that you can only keep items for 2 turns in storage? One nitpick would be to either gray out the items option in the menu or have a different message if there are no items, just a minor detail for a really cool system :)

The changes are very interesting, the last version I played only allowed recruiting fencers and thieves at the first scenario, this was a shocker today :shock: Love the item drops, don't know if it was a bug but I kept getting gem messages in the first scenario, also I had some weird flashing happening like a message tried to come up but was supressed and went away in a split second. Also, undo is broken when you have a unit set to go "on autopilot," as in you set where you want them to go x turns ahead of time, and if you change your mind they won't back up the next turn if you want to change it. All in all this campaign is a real treat, and the item storage/redistribution is awesome, it adds a whole new level of fun to the game.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

@nuorc Looks like a(n unwanted) feature of the game. Better ask about it in tech support, this is not related to my add-on, it happens in wesnoth generally, just in most cases you won't notice it. But I suppose that with translations, you'd see that quite frequently.
No need for saves, I can replicate that myself easily.

@CrowT The reason why the item storage looks empty after turn 2 is that potions can be unstored also after turn 2, but you apparently had no potions. It is not possible to make it grey out the items option.
The gems messages were probably correct, the gems are small and you will not always notice them. The undo can make problems only if you step somewhere where an item was dropped (might be already picked), and I plan to improve this too.
I am completely clueless what might be that weird flashing, I have never seen anything like that, maybe you should open it in terminal and look what it says after that (LotI throws tons or warnings and errors into Terminal, but in most cases it should be one of the last messages; or just copy the ton of things from there and send them to me).
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

Dugi wrote:this is not related to my add-on, it happens in wesnoth generally, just in most cases you won't notice it. But I suppose that with translations, you'd see that quite frequently.
Actually I notice it quite frequently and agree it is a general problem; I just have no means of pin-pointing it.

As it suits my preferences/limitations, I'm running English BfW and playing stuff in English, so no translation issue.
I have a cunning plan.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Actually I notice it quite frequently and agree it is a general problem; I just have no means of pin-pointing it.
So why are you telling it to me if I cannot do a thing with that?
As it suits my preferences/limitations, I'm running English BfW and playing stuff in English, so no translation issue.
English isn't my native language, but I got used to play games in english (and chat on forums or in games in english, write campaigns in english, watch films in english,...).
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

Dugi wrote:So why are you telling it to me if I cannot do a thing with that?
nuorc wrote:just throw the bits to you
+
nuorc wrote:I just have no means of pin-pointing it.
I have a cunning plan.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

Yes, Master Dugi.

I was hoping you had more of a clue what might cause "underscore_names" to appear in-game.
I have a cunning plan.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I said it is a(n unwanted) feature of the game, and all that can be done is to ask developers why did they do so. That's the best reply somebody whose name is not red can offer.

EDIT: Now seriously, I was too in hurry when publishing the previous version, and I forgot to fix a few bugs previously reported and left there one testing tweak, that was making a few things really absurd. I also added language corrections of chapter 4. So I published it again, this time with the 1st scenario of chapter 7 (available only if you continue from chapter 6, it is not official) I wrote yesterday, hoping that I had done everything correctly. I think that LotI version 2.2.15 is good for leaving on the server until I finish chapter 7.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

in the 6. chapter, when i level efraim the first time, there are the possibilities to make your chill tempest stronger/better casted
but i have not learned chill tempest yet

edit: question: why does efraim have to devour 45 souls for a new ability, but Lethalia only 30?

(2. latest version of LotI, BfW 1.10.4, Easy)
Battlecruiser_Venca

Post by Battlecruiser_Venca »

BUG: Dark aura also poisons your own units
contra

Post by contra »

Great campaign. But after efraim becomes a lich, he can be horrobilly hurt by attacking enimies. He loses all but a few HP if hit. In some mission the same happens to lethelia or delly.

I'm using both latest versions, but i happend with older ones, too.