Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

Drakilian

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Drakilian »

Hey, I'm at Journey South (Third Chapter) and I can't seem to choose a necromancer to help. I got there, got the dialogue between the two, and then nothing.

I remember being able to do it in the past but the option doesn't seem to be present for me now.
Drakilian

Post by Drakilian »

Oh, also, was I supposed to start chapter three with Argan? Some of the dialogue gives me that impression, but I haven't had him at all.
Cashcam24

Post by Cashcam24 »

So I've been playing the scenario The Last Enemy and all the units I recruit are killed one hit is there something I'm missing? Advice please
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Hello.
Drakilian wrote:Hey, I'm at Journey South (Third Chapter) and I can't seem to choose a necromancer to help. I got there, got the dialogue between the two, and then nothing.
That is a consequence of not having Argan.
Oh, also, was I supposed to start chapter three with Argan? Some of the dialogue gives me that impression, but I haven't had him at all.
I wasn't able to replicate it, he should appear with the rest. Can you supply a save file in which I can kill the lich so that the other two guys would appear without Argan?
Cashcam24 wrote:So I've been playing the scenario The Last Enemy and all the units I recruit are killed one hit is there something I'm missing? Advice please
The enemy is quite potent and prevailing can be challenging. As far as I know, the easiest way to win is:
1. Hurry up and don't let the enemy create too many doppelgängers.
2. Recall all units that hit hard and/or have a high chance to hit.
3. Keep recalling Mages. They have a high chance to hit and their spam can let you dispatch the doppelgängers.
4. Every turn, when doppelgängers are destroyed, surround the enemy (to prevent escaping attacks) and deal as much damage as possible.
wuxiangjinxing

Post by wuxiangjinxing »

A tiny bug:

In Scenerio 1-06 (The ruins of lost empires), when side 9 units are attacked, what they say is not reasonable. First, units in side 9 are trolls instead of orc grunts. Second, trolls (especially whelps) shall not be able to say any words that can be understood by human and elf.
Drakilian

Post by Drakilian »

I wasn't able to replicate it, he should appear with the rest. Can you supply a save file in which I can kill the lich so that the other two guys would appear without Argan?
Here you go. I was able to continue through the rest of the story no problem (I already played through part of the game before, I know Argan betrays you and kills Delly before dying himself so i'm not worried about the fact that I didn't have him here). At Chasing Dragons right now, always fun to fight Baal.
Attachments
LotI1-Thirst_for_Adventures_Turn_22.gz
(550.6 KiB) Downloaded 154 times
Drakilian

Post by Drakilian »

Huh. So, uh, i'm at Nemesis (the scenario where you kill Argan) and he still doesn't exist, so I have no way to finish it.
Attachments
LotI1-Nemesis-Auto-Save1.gz
(703.51 KiB) Downloaded 137 times
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

wuxiangjinxing wrote:In Scenerio 1-06 (The ruins of lost empires), when side 9 units are attacked, what they say is not reasonable. First, units in side 9 are trolls instead of orc grunts. Second, trolls (especially whelps) shall not be able to say any words that can be understood by human and elf.
I replaced those 'grunts', it was really awkward for trolls. But why should troll whelps supposed to speak words humans and elves cannot understand? I've seen no signs that trolls speak a different language.
Drakilian wrote:Here you go.
Have you tried to kill the lich? When I did so, Argan did appear and joined my party. Weird.
Drakilian wrote:Huh. So, uh, i'm at Nemesis (the scenario where you kill Argan) and he still doesn't exist, so I have no way to finish it.
Another consequence of Argan's absence. Try to enable the debug mode (hit the : key to open the console, type debug and hit enter), then hover your mouse over a monster, open the console and type the command unit id=Argan and then kill that monster. It should help you get past it.
wuxiangjinxing

Post by wuxiangjinxing »

A small question:

In Scenerio 1-01 (An Orcish Assault), is it neccessary to apply the UPDATE_ATTACS macro to Mario, since he shall join the player's team?

Also in the Tutorial, maybe we shall also apply the UPDATE_ATTACS macro to Delly again after we remove her leather armor?
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

That macro isn't necessary anymore. I was making some changes to handle a few rare problems and it also removes the need to use that macro. It is automatically applied at the start of the turn to those units on which it wasn't applied. If it's applied before the start of the turn, some work is done earlier and the start of turn delay is slightly shorter. I am lazy to apply it everywhere because it doesn't really matter. I am thinking about removing it altogether to make the code less complicated.
Drakilian

Post by Drakilian »

Dugi wrote:Have you tried to kill the lich? When I did so, Argan did appear and joined my party. Weird.
Yeah, killed him and Argan failed to appear. Well, he showed up for one line of dialogue and then he just stopped showing up.

Worked like a charm, thanks.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Looks like a bug specific for some wesnoth versions, what version of wesnoth are you using and on which OS?
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

Creator of Dawn of Thunder and Global Unitmarkers

"I thought Naga's used semi-automatic crossbows with incendiary thermite arrows . . . my beliefs that this race is awesome are now shattered." - Evil Earl
Drakilian

Post by Drakilian »

So, I started the last scenario of chapter 4 - Any Means Necessary - and I got a starter Ephraim. He went from Uber-powerful, fully equipped, highly upgraded nigh-invincible death machine to something that my recruitable units could kill with relative ease. Is this because I switched over to 1.11.19? Because Lethalia was completely unchanged, this is only affecting Ephraim.
Attachments
LotI1-Any_Means_Necessary_Turn_1.gz
(667.74 KiB) Downloaded 157 times
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

@Paluomat4
Thanks, that brings some light to this problem. People should expect crap like this to happen if they play on unstable versions.

@Drakilian
This kind of problem is typical for some 1.11 versions, it occasionally makes leaders disappear (in this case, he was recreated, but without all of his stuff). It happened several scenarios before you noticed it (possibly in one of the Lethalia scenarios), so I was unable to dig any information about him from the save file so that I could repair him. I think that your only chance to get him back is to replay chapter 4 on 1.11.19 (which has it probably fixed). It's unlikely that changing versions caused this issue.