Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

Dugi

Re: Legend of the Invincibles feedback

Post by Dugi »

Okay, I will increase the difficulty after leaving the caves. (I mean that not after that I leave some caves, but in scenarios that happen after you leave the caves)

With 'I will', I mean that I have done it, but not uploaded it yet.
lynx

Post by lynx »

I hope not by just giving them more gold, as the maps are too big for that to make much difference. The ambush scenario was a nice case where I needed to think a bit more, as an opposite example.

Also, for this adventure, the description mentioned that several of the scenarios are optional, but I can remember only the first one with the outlaws being optional.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I gave them more gold, shrunk two maps and moved one of the enemy bases in one. (not published yet)

There was one more optional scenario, but you had to find it. In the 2nd scenario (Journey South), there was a path (quite hard to find, you might have needed some scouting to find it), that led into a secret scenario (where you get dwarvish fighters (with specific advancements, as other units) into your recruit list as a reward).
Last edited by Dugi on April 9th, 2012, 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lynx

Post by lynx »

the one through the mountains? I remember getting a text event on one hex in the western part (lich cave), but nothing happened, the passage didn't open. If it was meant to be north of the eastern necromancer, then I indeed missed it.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

It was after the caves. When you were leaving the mountains, behind some forested hills, there were some bare hills, making a path through mountains, and at the end of the path, there was a cave, and you could find a dwarf in it that told you to go with him. Not to be confused with two other paths with chests of gold.
Attachments
14.png
lynx

Post by lynx »

yep, missed that one. A better name would be bonus scenario then.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Version 2.0.13 is out. I have done all the changes requested before, and fixed one easy-to-exploit glitch allowing preserved liches to be almost completely immune to damage.

Also, a part of chapter 5 is written, so that the first 5 scenarios can be accessed after beating chapter 4, but you are warned that it is unstable. It does not show in the campaign list.
lynx

Post by lynx »

Are you sure about the last one? It was already on the list before, just with 0 scenarios.

Currently at converting orcs with Lethalia. Nothing really interesting in between. I think I found another bug, but I already forgot it, so it must've been minor. The assassination scenario was very tough, thank $deity I had explosive slow. Still, it took a lot of reloads. Very nice intro in the next scenario though! :twisted:

Is there a nice graph of all the possible amla progressions anywhere?
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

What assassination scenario? How was it named? Castle of the Wicked?
In that scenario, you are supposed to find a good path and try to step as far from them as possible. I did it with about 50% hp remaining, so it should be doable. Maybe you just picked a bad path or something.

If it was on the list, it was an accident. Now it should not be there.

And there is no documentation about the advancements, I wanted to make it, but I was always telling to myself I will do it the next day, the next week, etc. I would also prefer making it like a left-click menu. It will be done later, I am working on chapter 5 and I want also to revamp the advancements a bit, making the explosive damages' calculations better (weapons affecting whirlwind, and so on).
lynx

Post by lynx »

I went for the lighted areas asap, since you get swarmed anyway. Staying near the wall was crucial, so only a few could attack me at a time and less chance of backstab (ok, he's immune, it probably just looked that way due to arcane damage type - the damage from the assassins and guards was roughly the same). I think I got absorb2, which helped and also the fact that he was defending with the leeching attack, so I got healed 2-4hp each hit. Around 150hp iirc, not sure if he also suffers from any resistance bug as did Argan.
I got two more amlas during the scenario and opted for the crucial better defense (60->70%) and later for the frenzy/petrify upgrade (didn't get to see its effects yet).
Come to think of it, the guards seemed to have a lot of movement points. First I tried the east path, but couldn't make it / in time. West was better, but still problematic. A few lucky hits and your health is quickly down - the most problematic ones are new enemies, since you haven't slowed them yet.

A plaintext list would suffice, so you can see which branches are dead ends. For example, there's so much magic choice, it's hard to decide and it's unsure whether all have long and awesome upgrade paths like faery fire.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Well, dagger can advance to backstab with quadruple damage, sword just increases damage, and number of attacks (number of attacks also for whirlwind), whirlwind advancements just increase the damage done to other units than the target, sword can unlock berserk, berserk is useful if you need to kill a unit with a high chance of success; fireballs can get area of effect, wave of fear will unlock petrify and mass slow, shadow wave in combination with wave of fear will unlock absorb. Speed advancements can lower almost all of your movement costs to 1; armour and dodge advancements don't unlock a thing. Therefore, there are almost no dead-ends. Lethalia probably has some, however.
I will write a documentation, okay, but not now.

The way I suggest to do that scenario is to only attack some less important guards, wait for the first wave and defeat them, then to fight your way into an enlightened place with a wall and defeat the second wave of the guards and then run to the northern exit.
What difficulty are you playing it on, btw?
lynx

Post by lynx »

Easy. :lol2: Explosive damage would indeed make this much easier. At 16hp per hit, I quickly got hammered down.

I guess I didn't have absorb2 then, if it is named absorb ingame too. I did notice double green 2s appearing, that's what made me think I have it, but it may be from something else.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

You did not use whirlwind or what? Whirlwind is supposed to be Efraim's main attack. No wonder that you got pwnd then. I use magic only against single targets, I found it effective that way.

Those 2s appearing might have been from the leech ability, its value is 1/4 of the damage inflicted, and that might have been a quarter of the damage you dealt to enemies with armours granting them high resistances.
lynx

Post by lynx »

Whirling would be too dangerous, I had it at 7 @ 7x5 attacks. I doubt the extra damage output and healing received would outweigh the extra damage taken.

Yes, but they were in rapid succession. Can't test now, but it looked like it was faster than the animation of attacks. Whirling doesn't work when defending, right?
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Whirlwind was intentionally disabled on defence, because of simple logic, you cannot perform complicated manoeuvres when trying to avoid getting hit.
For me, whirlwind there always healed more hp than it caused me to take. From the 2nd advancement with it, you will drain all the nearby enemies, so that the massive damage and healing outweighs the inconvenience of taking a few extra damage.