Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 241

Eptine

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Eptine »

Hi,

A couple of minutes ago I finished my playthrough of this campaign and i have to say i am still stunned. I started playing this campaign like a year ago when someone on YouTube suggested me to play this.

I played all main-campaigns in an LP on YoutTube and then started to dig in some of the Add-On campaigns cause i needed more of this game (also people asked for more - at least the 3 that watch my Wesnoth videos :p ) - and i have to say: This is by far the best Wesnoth Campaign I have played till now! At first i though "200 Scenarios?! Man this will get boring really fast..." - I've never been more wrong in my life, the Items, the RPG-Skill system for units, the changing quest goals, the kinda open world parts, the different scenario events like the snow storm and of course the outstanding story even got me to do two specials (a 3rd is coming up as soon as i have time for it) to summarize the story for new people, and have a more epic fight against Uria in the last special ^^

I had way over 150h of fun in this campaign and even if i can't really contribute anything of value here i just wanted to hop in to bow my head and everything to the people who put so much time, skill and heart in creating this masterpiece of a Wesnoth campaign!

Now that i am finished i feel kind of empty and lost (and only really good games make me feel that way) - playing this was my daily routine for a year, so now i need to figure out what to do next (i still have some days to figure it out, as the last episode isn't on YT yet).

This is a brilliant turn-based game (not campaign, a whole new game) - and not just "for a free game" or "for a User campaign". This was brilliant. Period. (Except for the ice-map where you chase Letha - seriously, f* that map, i have a trauma from it :D)

So all in all i just wanted to say thanks for enteraining me for a whole year of my life <3

Eptine

(If you want you can easily find me with my name on YouTube - if you want - but all i do is in German (thx to the people that translated this campaign btw) - so i don't post a link here, specials are the Episode #145[0] and #327[182]. I am not the best Wesnoth player around, so have mercy for my mistakes and my heavy use of "turn back to round X" :p )
white_haired_uncle

Post by white_haired_uncle »

Eptine wrote: July 25th, 2019, 4:41 am Hi,

A couple of minutes ago I finished my playthrough of this campaign and i have to say i am still stunned. I started playing this campaign like a year ago when someone on YouTube suggested me to play this.

I played all main-campaigns in an LP on YoutTube and then started to dig in some of the Add-On campaigns cause i needed more of this game (also people asked for more - at least the 3 that watch my Wesnoth videos :p ) - and i have to say: This is by far the best Wesnoth Campaign I have played till now! At first i though "200 Scenarios?! Man this will get boring really fast..." - I've never been more wrong in my life, the Items, the RPG-Skill system for units, the changing quest goals, the kinda open world parts, the different scenario events like the snow storm and of course the outstanding story even got me to do two specials (a 3rd is coming up as soon as i have time for it) to summarize the story for new people, and have a more epic fight against Uria in the last special ^^

I had way over 150h of fun in this campaign and even if i can't really contribute anything of value here i just wanted to hop in to bow my head and everything to the people who put so much time, skill and heart in creating this masterpiece of a Wesnoth campaign!

Now that i am finished i feel kind of empty and lost (and only really good games make me feel that way) - playing this was my daily routine for a year, so now i need to figure out what to do next (i still have some days to figure it out, as the last episode isn't on YT yet).

This is a brilliant turn-based game (not campaign, a whole new game) - and not just "for a free game" or "for a User campaign". This was brilliant. Period. (Except for the ice-map where you chase Letha - seriously, f* that map, i have a trauma from it :D)

So all in all i just wanted to say thanks for enteraining me for a whole year of my life <3

Eptine

(If you want you can easily find me with my name on YouTube - if you want - but all i do is in German (thx to the people that translated this campaign btw) - so i don't post a link here, specials are the Episode #145[0] and #327[182]. I am not the best Wesnoth player around, so have mercy for my mistakes and my heavy use of "turn back to round X" :p )
Psst...

Check out Affably Evil, and (my favorite of the LotI line) The Beautiful Child. There's also a new campaign called Legends of Idaamub which uses LotI that, IMO, could use some play testing (you can upload your replays UMC Replay Forum to help the devs see how people play their campaigns).

Also, you might want to try Trader - Strange Legacy. It's... different. A bit slow at first, but it's very cool.
Eptine

Post by Eptine »

white_haired_uncle wrote: July 25th, 2019, 7:53 am Psst...

Check out Affably Evil, and (my favorite of the LotI line) The Beautiful Child. There's also a new campaign called Legends of Idaamub which uses LotI that, IMO, could use some play testing (you can upload your replays UMC Replay Forum to help the devs see how people play their campaigns).

Also, you might want to try Trader - Strange Legacy. It's... different. A bit slow at first, but it's very cool.
I haven't deleted even one of my savegames yet (the game always freezes when i click on load xD ) - i could provide a replay for every LotI scenario there is (can i upload all in one go, would that help?) - also i am searching for new campains to add to my LP, a translation would be nice - but if there is none, i just translaste it while cuting the video add the voice there (i always read the dialoge out load and try to match my voice). I would make videos in english, but my german accent is just awful.
I will definitely look into Affably Evil, The Beautiful Child and Legends of Idaamub - that can't be the end of all - i might got addicted :S

EDIT:// One thing just got to my mind that i can mention for balancing:
The Reaper Unit is way to strong - if you give it a couple of levelups some more damage and a little bit of resistence with armor and weapon it gets to a state where it gets unkillable. My Reaper fighted solo against Lilith and won (it could also solo Uria to be honest)- also it could easily fend of dozens of demons - when i got surrounded my whole army went in one direction and my reaper in the opposite, fending of a army all by itself. The healing from the scythe combined with a big health pool makes it heal itself full as soon as it gets a chance to melee something. Imunity against Inkkubus, Succubus and poison is also a nice bonus as this unit can't be blocked by the enemy.
It might be a bug tho that it can wear armor as the Spectre can't wear any kind of armor, but the Reaper can. (But without the ability to wear armor the Reaper unit might get useless)
ubertechie74

Post by ubertechie74 »

I am so happy I managed to fix my problem - I unticked show combat and all was good
SpiderAja

Post by SpiderAja »

Something funny happened for me
in the ice cave the dwarf leader died, but the scenario just continued normally without him
LotI2-Wo Feuer friert Aufzeichnung abspielen.gz
(201.76 KiB) Downloaded 317 times
Major_Swampy

Post by Major_Swampy »

SpiderAja wrote: July 26th, 2019, 2:44 pm Something funny happened for me
in the ice cave the dwarf leader died, but the scenario just continued normally without him
Which difficulty are you playing this campaign?
Sorry for my english, I'm not english native.
Regards, Swampy.

(Already mastered the LotI as 4 times until the end, so wanna me to play it again!?)
SpiderAja

Post by SpiderAja »

medium, I think
Major_Swampy

Post by Major_Swampy »

SpiderAja wrote: July 26th, 2019, 2:44 pm Something funny happened for me
You mean, your upload save from scenario 'Where the flames freeze' yes?
Regards, Swampy.

(Already mastered the LotI as 4 times until the end, so wanna me to play it again!?)
SpiderAja

Post by SpiderAja »

Yes, that's the scenario
Medium difficulty

I didn't reach the enemy leader fast enough, so the dwarf died, but the scenario did not fail despite the dwarf leader's death being a condition for losing
Major_Swampy

Post by Major_Swampy »

SpiderAja wrote: July 26th, 2019, 4:04 pm Yes, that's the scenario
Medium difficulty

I didn't reach the enemy leader fast enough, so the dwarf died, but the scenario did not fail despite the dwarf leader's death being a condition for losing
:hmm: If so, try to play on easy difficulty by load game, not from beginning:
1. Click the Load game.
2. Tick on checklist 'Difficulty' on the below dialog box.
3. Open file named 'Where the flames freeze.gz', not savegame.
4. Choose difficulty: easy.

Try to defeat enemy leader without losing allied dwarf leader, good luck. After completing this scenario, play difficulty Medium on next scenario similiar to above guide.
Regards, Swampy.

SpiderAja

Post by SpiderAja »

I just wanted to report that the scenario doesn't end despite the dwarf's death being mentioned as a losing condition <.<
I'm just gonna load a few rounds earlier and actually try to save him instead of just thinking that he will probably be fine while I take my time and avoid risks
Major_Swampy

Post by Major_Swampy »

SpiderAja wrote: July 26th, 2019, 4:55 pm I just wanted to report that the scenario doesn't end despite the dwarf's death being mentioned as a losing condition <.<
I'm just gonna load a few rounds earlier and actually try to save him instead of just thinking that he will probably be fine while I take my time and avoid risks
:hmm: Perhaps Dugi can solve your issue.
Regards, Swampy.

Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Most Chapters, S1
Is it intended that the 'Name of Chapter + quote' background stays the same for the whole storytext? It looks out of place.
shaggydoc

Post by shaggydoc »

Hey, love LotI, but stuck in Kingslayer, keep getting bug saying ‘Fsiled yo show a dialogue, which doesn’t fit on the screen’, anyway past this?
Major_Swampy

Post by Major_Swampy »

shaggydoc wrote: August 20th, 2019, 6:21 pm Hey, love LotI, but stuck in Kingslayer, keep getting bug saying ‘Fsiled yo show a dialogue, which doesn’t fit on the screen’, anyway past this?
What do you mean by encountering a bug? Are you using release or beta campaign version?
Regards, Swampy.