Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

Delicius169

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Delicius169 »

I did a little experimenting and made really amazing leader. It is assasin with dagger of craving (aura of hunger=gives all nearby unit drain in their meele attack)
together with armour of friendly general , Tome of bards, Tome of overlords (all nearby charge, leadership of 5lvl), legacy of kings, royal diadem, he is one of best leader I have ever had.
He only lacks skill to make unit move 1 hex after attack- is possible to get this skill from book, or it is just for Duke?
So isnt here any unit with sword, and with dagger at the same time? I could even make him better.
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

Delicius169 wrote:armour of friendly general
Meh. I usually smash iron armors the moment I pick'em up. (-1 MP...)
Delicius169 wrote:He only lacks skill to make unit move 1 hex after attack
There's a number of items you can find that give you penetrate ability.

Have you looked into crafting a bit? You could make a 'Murderlust' armor, that has that. Maybe add an 'Intoxicator' helmet, giving you slow & poison. And some 'Lightning Agility' boots, adding +2 MP. And you can make gauntlets, too, for yet another ability (increase damage?). To gain the abilities it doesn't matter what piece of armor (helmet, boots...) you craft.
I have a cunning plan.
Whiskeyjack

Post by Whiskeyjack »

Meh. I usually smash iron armors the moment I pick'em up. (-1 MP...)
In later the levels the best tactic for normal Iron Armor, but some (like Armor of the friendly General) are worth the deficit (and there are a lot of items in the game that give bonus speed). Just take a mobile unit that does not fight much anyway (e.g. Faerie Incarnation), give it the AotfG and Lightning Agility on boots or gauntlets and you´re fine and have an even more usefull backline unit.

Edit: Your/you´re fix, pesky little mistake always creeps in.
Last edited by Whiskeyjack on March 28th, 2015, 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Under blood-red skies, an old man sits
In the ruins of Carthage - contemplating prophecy.
Xargon

Post by Xargon »

In the level Investigations, are the named villages supposed to hide you like forests? I thought it worked for the earlier ones, but for Hergor's residence, it does not work for me. It meant I had to wait a few turns since there were several bandits close by. I thought the earlier named villages had worked as hiding places, but I am not quite sure anymore...
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

@Whiskeyjack: I had the AotfG in my inventory for several chapters in part I, never found another piece of the set. Probably smashed it in the end, those few % didn't make it seem worth it.

Most or maybe all of my faeries had something I found or custom made like 'Sorcery'. They made nice lines.
I have a cunning plan.
Whiskeyjack

Post by Whiskeyjack »

I thought it worked for the earlier ones, but for Hergor's residence, it does not work for me.
Now that it´s mentioned, I remember having had the same problem. Also not quite certain about the early villages, but I think they worked.
never found another piece of the set
You probably think of the Cunctator"´s set, which I only started to encounter in part two (and its a strange one, never used it). AotfG is a normal breast plate that gives your allies shield(20) and thats pretty strong, especially in the early levels (but I´m not sure if it drops in part 1). You gave your Faeries sorcery? On the thorny ones? I have only one Faerie that can somewhat fight and thats a highlander unit with Fire Dragon Legacy.

@Dugi: What exactly does highlander do again? I have something like +hp +dmg and a third +something in my head, but right now, the two units I have with it just say "some are born better than others" and I can´t find the clue anymore.
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

Whiskeyjack wrote:You probably think of the Cunctator"´s set
Never heard of it.
AotfG is a normal breast plate that gives your allies shield(20)
I didn't get this shield part. :)

Wasn't there two other pieces, one of them nullifying this -1MP? Anyway, don't have it anymore.
You gave your Faeries sorcery? On the thorny ones? I have only one Faerie that can somewhat fight
It's some protection and magical damage is increased, also thorns (every little thing helps). Combined they can heal, cure, slow, poison, backstab... If you want you can take a look:
Spoiler:
I have a cunning plan.
Whiskeyjack

Post by Whiskeyjack »

Ah, now I see where your coming from. Not enirely sure if thats the strongest tactic, but it seems to work :)

About AotfG, look at your Knight of Magic (Lygwir) in that save file, he wears the armor. ;)
Xargon

Post by Xargon »

I think despair and antisocial have some weird interaction: When you have a unit that is next to both a unit of your own with antisocial and an enemy unit with depair(25), then only the antisocial takes effect, i.e. you get leadership -20%. When you move so you are only adjacent to the enemy unit with despair, it goes back to the normal -25%.
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

Whiskeyjack wrote:he wears the armor. ;)
That's where it went! :doh:

Never liked that guy (I believe he died.). I guess I was desperate because the fencer-line has such incredibly bad resistances. Don't use'em much.

Edit:
Whiskeyjack wrote:Not enirely sure if thats the strongest tactic
Neither am I. I kinda hack & slay my way through this on 'easy' without really knowing what I'm doing. :D

So what's your strategy? Or maybe a save from turn six of 'Sightseeing'?
I have a cunning plan.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I have forgotten that Efraim was previously hidden in villages in scenario Investigations. I have fixed it. And I have uploaded all the changes I have mentioned so far together with some I haven't mentioned.

Main improvements:
- All items now have comments (except those suggested by other people, I am waiting for suggestions from them)
- The unit information panel now shows what books is the unit carrying
Whiskeyjack

Post by Whiskeyjack »

So what's your strategy? Or maybe a save from turn six of 'Sightseeing'?
Hm, I think I rushed healers, healing AMLAs included and used my Loyals and otherwise somewhat beefier units (like Champion/Archer Elves) as Frontline that could survive the onslaught of one turn. At that point I did most of my work with Ephraim and Leth though.

For file see below. Sadly I only have a turn 2 file of this mission.

PS: How do I put the attached file in a spoiler? :lol:
Attachments
LotI1-Sightseeing_Turn_2.gz
(659.01 KiB) Downloaded 161 times
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

Whiskeyjack wrote:For file see below.
I see, thx.

I believe I didn't use those armors you have on the outrider and the destroyer.
PS: How do I put the attached file in a spoiler? :lol:
After adding the file, a new thing 'place inline' appears; move your cursor in a spoiler and klick it.
I have a cunning plan.
Raijer

Post by Raijer »

With the new version, the wine whip from faerie incarnation doesn't have any icon anymore.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Raijer wrote:With the new version, the wine whip from faerie incarnation doesn't have any icon anymore.
This is incompatibility between versions. After an advancement, she should be fine.