Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

Dugi

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Dugi »

He was supposed to talk to a random unit of his side, but I forgot to recall one to chat with, so he was not replied to. I was testing this with Lethalia, because it was more bug-prone, and I haven't noticed that a unit was recalled only if the leader chosen was Lethalia. Fixed, will be uploaded.

The copy of the correct chat:
Finally. We have left the desert, and entered a place that looks like the world where I was born. It seems that the northern steppes and tundras were transformed into beautiful and hospitable land by these suns. It has both its advantages and disadvantages...
Really? I thought there were two suns from the dawn of time. Also my grandparents remembered that there were two suns, and could hardly imagine the world with a different number of suns.
Well, I am not perfectly sure I am right, my memories are quite vague about this, but I think that there used to be a single sun.
It would be night time also all the time. Are you sure?
Now I really have no idea, but I do not think that it was night almost all the time.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

thought a little bit about the scenario:
shouldnt you add losing conditions like: losing when Addryn dies or turns run out or a orc enters the the library?
i mean when a orc enter the library, see a lot of paper but no gold, wouldnt he throw a torch in, instead of going sad away? (if addyrn dies the library is overruned, so is the same as one orc entering)

also why making going in the library winning condition? Adryn said that you could enter if you help against the orcs
if you just enter dont care about the orcs, the orcs would have enough time to lit a fire to burn the library down :D
defeating orcs is better winning condition i think
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I am not perfectly sure who Addryn was, the leader of the humans had a random name, so I suppose it was him. I gave up giving names to characters that were not supposed to be mentioned in later scenarios, so they have random names.

Was-once-Addryn's death is not supposed to be the defeat condition, because if you play with Lethalia, the orcs and also the guardsmen see an undead (of her army), and they decide to unite against her (but both of them have significantly less gold). Because of this, death of Was-once-Addryn is not going to doom you (logically, if Lethalia did not need him to live, why should Efraim do?). The idea of a defeat condition when an orc enters the library is also questionable, the library is far away from you and you have no chance to prevent them from entering it randomly (if you play with Efraim), and that they are not going to pillage anything, they are fighting undead and they don't want to lose an ally (if you play with Lethalia).
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

and turns running out?
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

If there is a turn limit, the end of turns usually means defeat, unless stated otherwise. I have just forgotten to write that you lose when the turns run out. Fixed.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

i dont kow if you fixed it for only this or for all scenarios
thats why i say that is in nearly all scenarios in chapter 6
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Yes, it was missing in all scenarios in chapter 6. Fixed now, not uploaded yet again.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

chapter 7: startgold=0

btw, why can you recall troops? the story tells that they fled from everyone away who knew them as necromancers...like their own soldiers?
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

chapter 7: startgold=0
Fixed.
btw, why can you recall troops? the story tells that they fled from everyone away who knew them as necromancers...like their own soldiers?
You can recall them due to gameplay reasons. You don't wanna lose them, do you?
It can be easily explained that their soldiers know what is their past, but they know that they were liches, but found a cure and returned to life, so they remained loyal to them and kept the secret.

Can you please send me your latest save file as soon as possible? I need something to test the 2nd scenario of chapter 7 on.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

you mean my latest autosave from the first scenario?
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Yes. Or the last save file from that scenario.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

question: why would i use redeem on a lvl2 unit or higher? it would be like wasting xp cos you only get the xp for the combat, but not for the "kill"
Attachments
LotI2-The_Beginning-Auto-Save5.gz
(621.77 KiB) Downloaded 97 times
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

You might need units like Efraim or Lethalia rather to eliminate stronger units than level 1 units. This level restriction will later allow using it on stronger units, because level 1 units will be later hard to find.

Thank you very much for the save file.
mousyack

Post by mousyack »

Hi,

I couldn't help starting to play chapter 7 of this great campaign. However, I ran into a small problem in the first scenario: Lethalia's attack wiped out 20 enemy units with a single hit :) I'm attaching the save and a screencast of what's happening.
Attachments
video.avi.gz
(1.52 MiB) Downloaded 105 times
LotI2-The_Beginning-Autosparat3.gz
(643.25 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
Last edited by mousyack on October 8th, 2012, 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

so you wont make it that you get for reedeming a unit the same xp as for killing him?