Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 241

Gyndur

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Gyndur »

So yeah i have been playing Lotl again like i do once or twice a year. Right now in Akula`s dungeon and let`s give some thoughts.
Last time i played i think it was some more advanced github version recommended to play instead of addon version.
Still waiting for extreme difficulty mode for hardcore Lotl players who already know load of powerful combinations and tricks and may be expecting more from enemies. Yeah i know it is not probably happen any time soon or ever but i am too noobish to try do it myself.
Chapters 1 and 2
Spoiler:
Chapter 3.
Spoiler:
Chapter 4.
Spoiler:
Chapter 5.
Spoiler:
To summarise: Embracing the darkness starts very strong but kinda falls off the pace somewhere in middle. Into the light part always feels much stronger in every way BUT still hands down by far the best campaign for me in Wesnoth. And it still amazes me how much time and effort Dugi has put into this.

Oh yeah one more thing: is this intended/feature: Fore example if you have champion with careful ability and use some armor piece with steadfast it can double resistances over steadfastˇs limit of 50% (and not only with careful ability). And when you face some demon who has resistance reducing ability it actually can increase that unitˇs resistances even more to over 100%!? Like wut?
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

What difficulty are you playing on?
Gyndur

Post by Gyndur »

Playing on hard but after you have learned the ropes so i would say it doesnt cut it anymore for experienced players. If you play like first or second time sure its hard but not so much anymore. Yeah right now i could solo all chapter 5 with 1 champion without breaking a sweat.
Second part still gives a challenge for sure. Not so much in chapter 9 though.
darcon

Post by darcon »

@matsjoyce
Hey just recently started playing so a week ago would have downloaded everything so should be fresh, I tried that save it let me talk to the guy this time but once the talking was done and I recruited 2 people it just said "Defeated" , sorry I do not have a save file from that far back. Sounds like a hassle to fix dont suppose I can pay you or someone $20 NZD to fix it for me I want it sooo bad.
matsjoyce

Post by matsjoyce »

@darcon Here's a save where I have fast-forwarded to the next scenario. Are you using the version from the addons server or the github version?
Attachments
LotI1-Castle of the Wicked.gz
(237.88 KiB) Downloaded 298 times
darcon

Post by darcon »

@ Matsjoyce From the Addons server , she still not going to be able to recruit without being undead is she. Thank you for doing this let me try it out today.
darcon

Post by darcon »

Got another 2 chapters and had the same problem instant game over .
Attachments
LotI1-An Army Is Born.gz
(240 KiB) Downloaded 313 times
matsjoyce

Post by matsjoyce »

@darcon I found the problem! Your Leth was not marked as a leader. Don't know how I missed that, I'll have to blame it on the lack of HiDPI support...
Attachments
LotI1-An Army Is Born.gz
(249.46 KiB) Downloaded 486 times
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I am back. I should have more time now (because I have finished the final exams to obtain an engineer's degree in cybernetics).

First, a big thanks to matsjoyce for keeping this up.

It appears that there is a big problem with Lethalia being unable to recruit, causing the player to lose immediately when Efraim isn't present. According to the developer discussion, it's caused by a SP modification. This campaign is basically a campaign with a huge SP modification mixed into it. Many SP modifications break its inner workings and are incompatible. The game does not seem to support campaigns controlling which SP modifications are allowed (though SP modifications can mark campaigns as incompatible). I think that the description should be added a notice that the campaign is incompatible with most SP modifications.

Meanwhile, it needs to be found out what SP mod is assuming that there is only one unit with recruitment abilities and tell something to its author.

A bug I need to fix as soon as possible is the one causing the units' properties not to get updated whenever it's necessary.
Gyndur wrote:Still waiting for extreme difficulty mode for hardcore Lotl players who already know load of powerful combinations and tricks and may be expecting more from enemies.
Adding another difficulty would require editing every single scenario. The process could be automated, but I can think of an alternative:

There could be a special mode (selected somewhere in menu or as a mock fourth difficulty with all the features of the hard difficulty), with one special change: No item would be strictly better than default items (nothing equipped). Weapons with extra damage giving disadvantageous weapon specials or resistance penalties, weapons with desired weapon specials reducing damage, armours always reducing movement, possibly decreasing terrain defences, and so on. Only good combinations of items and AMLA would actually make the units stronger. This is somewhat inspired by the FPS game Team Fortress II.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Congratulations for finishing that final exam.
Xara

Post by Xara »

Dugi wrote: June 9th, 2018, 6:15 pm Meanwhile, it needs to be found out what SP mod is assuming that there is only one unit with recruitment abilities and tell something to its author.
The discussion on github is about one of my add-ons that store leaders and unstore them. Forgot which one, but it's fixed.

As for the SP mod, it might be better if you make a white list. Or people specially design SP mod for the campaign. I kinda like the idea of a IotI mode: gem cheats, item generator, harder enemies, scenario selector, etc.
It pronounces Sha'ha, not Zara.

Feedback Thread of my Add-ons
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Xara wrote: June 10th, 2018, 2:22 pm The discussion on github is about one of my add-ons that store leaders and unstore them. Forgot which one, but it's fixed.
So it was you... :evil:

Ehm, I am actually glad you admitted it and saved me from the investigation.
Xara wrote: June 10th, 2018, 2:22 pm As for the SP mod, it might be better if you make a white list. Or people specially design SP mod for the campaign. I kinda like the idea of a IotI mode: gem cheats, item generator, harder enemies, scenario selector, etc.
A campaign cannot whitelist mods, but mods can whitelist or blacklist campaigns. So I could add a warning in the style of This campaign does not work properly with mods not specifically designed to be used with it.
profyverya

Post by profyverya »

"Legend of the invincibles" is the best Wesnoth campaign. Dugi, what do you think about creating the 3rd chapter?
Creator of The World of Death RPG, maintainer of Soldier of Wesnoth
musicc

Post by musicc »

First time poster here. I have been played Loti for 2 years now with multiple updated revisions. I really enjoy the game level system. I just recently replay the game. I want to kill all Beelzebub in every chapter. Can you update the game to include victory at X turn for hidden boss or something to help player find him? This would help encourage player to find him. I use this link, https://wiki.wesnoth.org/LotI_Scenarios, for reference but i can't seem to find him. ex. 12 – Toxic Sun 12 – Beelzebub will spawn at 24, 25 and will release 1 fly per turn.
BTIsaac

Post by BTIsaac »

That's not exactly how it works. Beelzebub can appear on any map (that lets you recruit, at least), provided you meet certain conditions (from what I understand, you need to level up your heroes). You know when that happens because you will get a message of Beelzebub being summoned at the end of a scenario. When that happens, You will find his obelisk in a conspicuous location during the next scenario.