Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 241

dwarftough

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by dwarftough »

I've found a huge bug in LotI2: it's possible to remove books & unremovable items! It can seem to be only beneficial for the player, but there is a drawback emerged: it's now impossible to put on two or more unremovable items. I gave my draining dwarvish battlerager the orb of demonic wrath and then wanted to give him the fencer's study. When I give him the book, the orb of demonic wrath gets unequipped
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
Developer and maintainer of my fork of World Conquest, Invincibles Conquest II
GreatAlucard

Post by GreatAlucard »

dwarftough wrote: May 29th, 2020, 1:36 am I've found a huge bug in LotI2: it's possible to remove books & unremovable items! It can seem to be only beneficial for the player, but there is a drawback emerged: it's now impossible to put on two or more unremovable items. I gave my draining dwarvish battlerager the orb of demonic wrath and then wanted to give him the fencer's study. When I give him the book, the orb of demonic wrath gets unequipped
Since I've finished the campaign by now, I can provide you with a workaround until the bugs recently reported get fixed.

If you click "TAKE" when the unit you want to have the book/orb steps on it, this will make it work correctly. If the book/orb is not on the ground you can drop it first.

If done this way, the books will stack correctly, but you will still be able to unequip / replace the last book equipped on the character (which is beneficial to the player, but not intended) - it is not a problem if you repeat the process on any future books/orbs you want to use though.
Scrapulous

Post by Scrapulous »

Hi, it has been a long time since I have played LotI, and I am wondering - what carries over from part 1 to part 2? Does the recall list from part 1 become available in part 2? Do items? Should I try to level up soldiers in Akula's dungeon or just finish? Thank you.
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

Scrapulous wrote: May 31st, 2020, 12:40 am Hi, it has been a long time since I have played LotI, and I am wondering - what carries over from part 1 to part 2? Does the recall list from part 1 become available in part 2? Do items? Should I try to level up soldiers in Akula's dungeon or just finish? Thank you.
Nothing. Only the secrets you discovered. No other stuff carries, you start from scratch
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

GreatAlucard wrote: May 30th, 2020, 8:15 pm
dwarftough wrote: May 29th, 2020, 1:36 am I've found a huge bug in LotI2: it's possible to remove books & unremovable items! It can seem to be only beneficial for the player, but there is a drawback emerged: it's now impossible to put on two or more unremovable items. I gave my draining dwarvish battlerager the orb of demonic wrath and then wanted to give him the fencer's study. When I give him the book, the orb of demonic wrath gets unequipped
Since I've finished the campaign by now, I can provide you with a workaround until the bugs recently reported get fixed.

If you click "TAKE" when the unit you want to have the book/orb steps on it, this will make it work correctly. If the book/orb is not on the ground you can drop it first.

If done this way, the books will stack correctly, but you will still be able to unequip / replace the last book equipped on the character (which is beneficial to the player, but not intended) - it is not a problem if you repeat the process on any future books/orbs you want to use though.
I'll try your advice, thank you!
edwardspec

Post by edwardspec »

Fixed in the latest beta.
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

Old bug but still exists in the latest stable: if you try to enter the Tunnels of Cruelty (location of Inferno where you pick evil Lethalia) again, after you picked her, the game freezes and crashes
Scrapulous

Post by Scrapulous »

Chapter 7, Scenario 12, when fighting
Spoiler:
I get

<Invalid WML found> [unstore_unit]: variable 'second_unit' doesn't contain unit data

It happened when I killed an illusion using an Elvish Overlord's aim attack (Tears of Void staff with Fire Dragon Legacy fire breath).

Edit: it happens every time that unit kills one of the illusions. The attack is:

17x5 aim
ranged-fire
marksman
incinerate
guided

Edit 2: the tooltip on incinerate claims that experience for units killed by the burn effect goes to the unit that applied the burn effect, but that's not true. The overlord incinerated a unit and I let the unit burn to death - the overlord had 273 experience before and after the incinerated unit died.

Edit 3: Dwarvish Technocrat (the level 4 dwarf rifle guy) has a movement cost of 1 for all terrains. I have one with 12 MP and he has mobility to rival Efraim and my gryphon rider. Maybe it's part of his technology? :)
Last edited by Scrapulous on June 19th, 2020, 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ooopsi

Post by ooopsi »

Hello there! I'd like to take a moment to appreciate this amazing campaign! On a sidenote though, there's a bug I'd like to report.

In the scenario Search for Elves, the good elves move out very early and attack both me and the enemies, which results in an empty dialogue at the end of the scenario as I'd have killed them all, and the scenario would feel weird for new players. I looked up the code and I believe the bug is caused by a typo (?) where side 8 has "Good" in the team name, meanwhiles side 1 has "good" in the team name. I'm not sure if this is fixed on the latest beta, but here you go :)
dabber

Post by dabber »

oopsi, spot on analysis. I fixed it on github in January.
jogajdosik

Post by jogajdosik »

Items are not stacking properly
jasonthesnakej

Post by jasonthesnakej »

Hi
It seems to me I run into a bug. I am running 1.15.3 under Fedora 32. In Lost in Space, I failed immediately right after the dialogue finished. Any idea?
Attachments
LotI1-Lost in Space.gz
(418.87 KiB) Downloaded 292 times
Last edited by jasonthesnakej on July 5th, 2020, 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
PASS596

Post by PASS596 »

Hello. My first post in this forum.
First of all I really like this story. Thank you for this.

Second thing I got some questions.

1. The ability wich turn undead into humans again. Forgot the name of it. It works on undead like skeletons. But from. Description I thought I will work on every undead? Currently in chapter 4 at the beginning. The third scenario you already have two old companions. And I have two with this abbility and the enemy are undead human looking people. They do not change to living when I kill them with this attack. I think this is intended or.

2. I can change equipment the whole game and where ever the units are (I do not exploit this but it's kinda strange.) I remember it the last time I played. A couple years ago. It was different. Also I can only equip one book at a time for the units. Is there a workaround? Sorry I didn't read the last pages. Only a few and saw it was already mention as bug but not mention how to solve this.

Edit: I see it's possible patched in beta.

3. I play on medium but it's kinda easy after I got back into the flow. Can I change difficultness like in other campaigns. From the safe at start of the Szenario. Or will it affect some bad things? Or break my game?
Somehow I have no problems in the last Szenarios. Lost only few units ever. So I would like to get a harder game 😅. Maybe it would be better to restart?

Greetings
Andy

Post by Andy »

Hi, big fan of the campaign. Played it through several times over several years, its something i always enjoy coming back to and seeing whats changed and trying to play with different units and seeing if i can come up with any new unit styles or tactics. This is not a major issue but a small annoyance that i encountered again on my current platrough, and i remember that i have encountered this issue more than once on previous play troughs as well.

On the early campaigns of part 2, when Efraim and Lethalia finally unite and Lethalia gets purified with the ashes of the phoenix. You lose access to undead units because of the story-line (for a good while not permanently). You also lose access to liches, which technically are undead, but from the perspective of the player they really arent undead units. You cant recruit liches or evolve them from recruited undead units, only way to get them is either with undead legacy from a previously living unit or by using tome of liches on a previously living unit. From a min maxing (and to me also from a rp perspective, especially considering the story and span of time), liches are prize possessions and top dog units and not something you can easily get without going out of your way to get one. Its always a emotional setback to me, but also in terms of game-play perspective big setback. Liches are strong units, i would assume other players than just me also heavily invest resources on them, and also the next scenario contains the first potential Belzebub in part 2, and even regardless of if you fight him or not is several volumes harder than the previous scenarios leading up to it.

Im not sure if this is by design, oversight or just technically pain to deal with but this has always bothered me and just wanted to voice it ; ) Now i personally always end up editing the save file at this point anyway, but i think this might be a minor "Fix" that some players other than me might also appreciate.

This campaign is still incredible, i hope you find the passion to still keep working on it in future as well. Updates on the story dialogues would also be great, some of them come off to me as much more detailed and refined than others.
edwardspec

Post by edwardspec »

PASS596 wrote: July 1st, 2020, 9:39 am 1. The ability wich turn undead into humans again. Forgot the name of it. It works on undead like skeletons. But from. Description I thought I will work on every undead? Currently in chapter 4 at the beginning. The third scenario you already have two old companions. And I have two with this abbility and the enemy are undead human looking people. They do not change to living when I kill them with this attack. I think this is intended or.
These vampires are not exactly undead, they are still alive to a degree. Later in the story it gets revealed what exactly they are and how they came to be.
PASS596 wrote: July 1st, 2020, 9:39 am Edit: I see it's possible patched in beta.
Yes, this is already fixed in beta.
PASS596 wrote: July 1st, 2020, 9:39 am 3. I play on medium but it's kinda easy after I got back into the flow. Can I change difficultness like in other campaigns. From the safe at start of the Szenario. Or will it affect some bad things? Or break my game?
Yes, you can open the save file (it is a gzip-archived textfile, unpack it and use any text editor, then pack it again into .gz) and change the line

Code: Select all

difficulty="NORMAL"
(replacing NORMAL with HARD). Note that it should be a save from the beginning of scenario, i.e. the save that shows mission objectives when loaded (not per-turn saves, not even a turn 1 save).
Andy wrote: July 1st, 2020, 3:50 pm On the early campaigns of part 2, when Efraim and Lethalia finally unite and Lethalia gets purified with the ashes of the phoenix. You lose access to undead units because of the story-line (for a good while not permanently). You also lose access to liches, which technically are undead, but from the perspective of the player they really arent undead units.
I agree that liches are very useful.
Storyline-wise, though, at this point Efraim and Lethalia have been living in the human lands for quite a while. While they themselves won't discriminate against the liches, literally anyone else around them (like human peasants of that country) would probably freak out and call the guards if they saw a lich. This is why Efraim and Lethalia are purposely "hiding" the undead units (they don't recruit them on purpose, and send undead that they already had away) whenever they are blending in among the living.