Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 241

ForestDragon

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by ForestDragon »

Spoiler:
Last edited by ForestDragon on August 20th, 2017, 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

bugreport (github version which I downloaded today):
Spoiler:
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I don't think there are any more spoilers now.
ForestDragon wrote:well, you are already using recolored versions of the normal fire dragon (they are just as big), so why not use the skeletal one?
I changed the regular dragon and I was not very pleased with the result. Dragons are less often on screen than Skeletal Dragons, so I prefer not to screw these up.
ForestDragon wrote:the reason I suggested it, is because his portrait shows his armor as seriously rusty, which is quite inconsistent with the marshal sprite he uses.
I'll think of it.
ForestDragon wrote:right... maybe give her a fancy animated halo?
Can you think of something specific?
ForestDragon wrote:bugreport (github version which I downloaded today):
Fixed.
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Dugi wrote:I don't think there are any more spoilers now.
ok.
Dugi wrote:I changed the regular dragon and I was not very pleased with the result. Dragons are less often on screen than Skeletal Dragons, so I prefer not to screw these up.
maybe make a poll about whether players want the new or old skeletal dragon? (after the current LotI poll ends)
Dugi wrote:
ForestDragon wrote:right... maybe give her a fancy animated halo?
Can you think of something specific?
ok, I'll try to come up with something.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

maybe make a poll about whether players want the new or old skeletal dragon? (after the current LotI poll ends)
I can't. The right to make polls was taken from me and since the forum overhaul, it doesn't even allow me to edit polls I have already placed.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Dugi wrote:
I can't. The right to make polls was taken from me and since the forum overhaul, it doesn't even allow me to edit polls I have already placed.
All registered users can make polls in this forum. Do you see the tab below in the editor for the thread’s original post?
Screenshot_20170821_183918.png
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Oh sorry, my bad, I did not notice that it was moved into a tab.
dimondmine2

Post by dimondmine2 »

Hi Dugi, or whoever may be looking at this post,

I was a good way through pt 1 of the Legend of the Invincibles campaign when I decided to play some multiplayer. Unfortunately, when I went to continue my LotI campaign, my saves had been overwritten. I had made it all the way to the chapter where units cost hundreds of gold, and the underground scenario where there are tons of paths and the scenario start text says sticking together will be easier but slower, and splitting up will be faster but more challenging.

I'd just really like to finish the campaign. So if you have a save file from around that time in the campaign I would really really appreciate it.

Thanks
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

Well what ever you do don't use debug, it may ruin it even more. It also might ruin some experience of playing it. Also what was the multiplayer? It may just be maximum auto saves you can have at a time or something.
Edit: Dugi do you need any portraits? I've made a ton!
Spoiler:
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
Ahmirdin

Post by Ahmirdin »

campaign you make are very good and the story interestings, i have a request, please make campaign with take from game fire emblem: fuuin no tsurugi / the binding blade / the sword of seals and make also character sprite-. please make so that be special campaign-
Sorry for my bad english speaking :)
Thank you for your attention.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

@dimondmine2
That problem can't be caused by add-ons. I don't know what exactly happened, but I assume that they are just gone. Can somebody upload a few chapter 3 saves for him to continue from?
LotI1-Thirst_for_Adventures.gz
Not sure if this is not too old
(49.27 KiB) Downloaded 201 times
@Lordlewis
I can photoshop portraits too. But the problem is that in this era of internet hoaxes, people are trained to see oddly fitting shadows and these portraits trigger the this-was-photoshopped warning. I prefer raiding unused portraits right now.

Although I have created a short campaign with portraits like this, it's called Kill the King. I created the whole campaign to prove some point, but I received quite positive feedback about it.

@Ahmirdin
That is not allowed. It's illegal to create a campaign based on a copyrighted work and copyleft it as the add-on server requires. It would put the server maintainer at risk of lawsuit.

I am sorry.
imaginarypotato

Post by imaginarypotato »

First of all I would like to say thank you for the magnificent champaign.

I recently got back into this game and I was delighted to see just how much LotI has changed
Right now I am redoing the whole second part, I am on chapter 9 right now.
Spoiler:
My team right now consists of 1 nearly maxed out warlock, 1 nearly maxed out destroyer, 1 nearly maxed out elvish assassin an fairly high level duke and few scout units (ghyphon riders and ghosts). Right now I am trying to train 2 celestial messagers to join them. I find the combination of speed/execution along with warlords rule and leadership to works really well for me most demons can't take multipliable speeds in a row (Mask of insanity). I have the upgrade that along my duke to give units move after attacking so I never have to worry about my warlock making my guys fight worse. Along with the 1 shot plan my Warlock and Assassin are also built to be really good solo units they play similar to champions as they are good at not getting hit and reducing damage done to them. My destroyer has proven himself to be an outstanding boss killer, sense impact resistance is uncommon and with iceform, absorbs, leeches and strong resistances he rarely is ever at low hp.
Sense I have not played in a long time my team is probably pretty flawed, I would appreciate any suggestions to improve it (I do not have to much armor left however I do have weapons I also have a fair bit of gems still including an black pearl that I could use to craft gear, my team has 2 free spaces so I can add in more units and I also have gold saved up so I can buy new units if I need too)

So far I have been liking the changes here are my thoughts so far
Spoiler:
NEW username -> Imaginary
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

imaginarypotato wrote: Sense I have not played in a long time my team is probably pretty flawed, I would appreciate any suggestions to improve it.
Add some healers, the Fearie incarnation is a really good healer. Also there is an item that heals a lot of health but decreases the resistance, try giving that to a scout of some sort that will stay with a large group. That's my suggestion.
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
imaginarypotato

Lordlewis wrote:
imaginarypotato wrote: Sense I have not played in a long time my team is probably pretty flawed, I would appreciate any suggestions to improve it.
Add some healers, the Fearie incarnation is a really good healer. Also there is an item that heals a lot of health but decreases the resistance, try giving that to a scout of some sort that will stay with a large group. That's my suggestion.
I was planning on using celestial messagers sense they can fly but fearie incarnation's heal 16 seems very promising. I'll test them both out in gladiators to see witch one is the best for me.

Right now my scouts have some basic armor to take 1 or 2 hits from low level demons along with the taxes boots to make them faster. By item that heals a lot of health are you talking about the Precious eagle cactus fruit? I have 1 of those I could use.
imaginarypotato

I played a little more and I found my first paladin helmet! I was thinking would it be an good idea to start training an champion for my team? I have the black pearl for the Marrowrend sword and I also have dark sarcasm and most of the other items I need for an champion, is it an good investment?. I have a bit of experience playing has champion, I got to wave 30 in gladiators with it solo (quite hard difficulty) the run is still unfinished I decided to stop sense I was getting a little tired of beating up the same guys over and over again.
Also I ran into a problem in gladiators the AI was buying elvish units (I believe they were default era witch I had on) and they somehow got into the field and the villages. They were not really a problem sense I was strong enough however they were covering items and steeling my exp I knew that with less resources my team would be unable to fight some of the later bosses so I ended the run. Lucky I found an mod that allows you to stop the AI from buying units so I have been using it to stop the issue.

More thoughts on Chapter 9
Spoiler: