Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 241

CROdikan

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by CROdikan »

matsjoyce wrote:Which version of wesnoth are you using @CROdikan?
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Lua errors often say little about the real problem, it's a dynamically typed programming language that allows values of wrong types or empty ones to get to the least expected locations and trigger errors there. This one, just to make it dumber is done somehow by AI, so replicating it is much tougher. LotI uses a modified copy of an AI variant from 1.13. Because 1.13 is so close and the error is rare, I will not annoy mattsc the AI guy with it. Sorry.
DuckyWucky2

Post by DuckyWucky2 »

Hey Dugi,

Finally played through the entire campaign, cool fixes and updates since last year.
Only problem I started having was in Chapter 9, I successfully exported my units using the special add-on you created.
However when I try to import (in any chapter of the campaign) it comes up with Lua error:
<Lua error>
Units_Between_Campaigns/move_units_between_campaigns.lua:185: attempt to concatenate field 'image' (a nil value)
start traceback:
...Units_Between_Campaigns/move_units_between_campaigns.lua:185: in function <...Units_Between_Campaigns/move_units_between_campaigns.lua:163>
: in function 'show_dialog'
...Units_Between_Campaigns/move_units_between_campaigns.lua:209: in function 'cmd'
...es (x86)/Battle for Wesnoth 1.12.6\data\lua/wml-tags.lua:320: in function <..es (x86)/Battle for Wesnoth 1.12.6\data\lua/wml-tags.lua:284>

Not sure exactly what is wrong here but tried updating wesnoth, same error!
Looks like some weird issue with the incorrect storage of units or attributes, given concatenate error?
Would be awesome to fix so I can run through the campaign again! :D
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Why are you trying to import units as late as in Chapter 9 and why are you reporting the error here, in a forum that has clearly nothing to do with the Move Units Between Campaigns add-on? Please report errors like this to me in a PM or something.

The error itself reeks of some weird things going on, because a unit with no image was suddenly on the list of exported units, which should not happen (and you gave me no clues what happened). I made the error cause no crash (if I guessed the cause right), so that you would see the broken unit there.
ItsDaKoolaidDude

Post by ItsDaKoolaidDude »

Not entirely sure if this has been asked before, but is it possible to add the option to buy more gems instead of constantly moving a unit to interact with the gem seller and buying the gems one at a time?
You spent the entire game, going in circles! It's like the equivalent of Homer Simpson doing cartwheels on the kitchen floor, and you still won?! -Johnny (BSC)
Janeiskla

Post by Janeiskla »

Hello everybody,

first I wan´t to say thanks for this great Work. So much hours i have played it. Please keep up your great Work.

Questions:

- Is it a Bug or feature, that Units which switch their Wapons while developing, that they keep their no used ones afterwards? F.e. The Dragon Rider which uses no more sword, but he keeps it after. I thought it was a Bug. But i read in the "Deadly Units Thread", that this seems to be intendet? Evil Healer / Lich Post. Just wan´t to make sure that I´m not using something cheaty.

- Is there a "Loot Table" or "Higher Drop chances" which differs from stronger to weaker units? (Beside the differnce from Boss- to normal Units) Sometimes it´s disappointing to kill a very though Enemy an getting the 15th Healthpotion or some Gold.

Suggestions:

- automatically unequip Units when they won´t appear again later (e.g. Stormrider in Part 1) so there is no need to unequip every unit at the end of a mission, because you don´t know if it will ever appear again.

- I think Gold Bonus for early Endings sould be higher. Most of the Scenarios it is more profitable to just skip the last turns instead of early ending. Ok - I´m playing on "normal Mode", maybe it is different on the "Hard" one.

Thank you again!
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

ItsDaKoolaidDude wrote:Not entirely sure if this has been asked before, but is it possible to add the option to buy more gems instead of constantly moving a unit to interact with the gem seller and buying the gems one at a time?
I could do that. I assumed that players would buy only a few high gems.
Janeiskla wrote:Is it a Bug or feature, that Units which switch their Wapons while developing, that they keep their no used ones afterwards?
I am aware of that. It's not completely trivial to fix and it leads to interesting unit development options, so I am not fixing it. It's a bug that has grown into a feature.
Janeiskla wrote:Is there a "Loot Table" or "Higher Drop chances" which differs from stronger to weaker units?
Drop chance is scenario-based. Bosses usually have 100%, but it's not necessary, depends on scenario settings. Drop tables change only between part I and part II, otherwise the chances to get a particularly rare Is there a "Loot Table" or "Higher Drop chances" which differs from stronger to weaker units?item are the same regardless if you kill a goblin or a dragon.
Janeiskla wrote: automatically unequip Units when they won´t appear again later (e.g. Stormrider in Part 1) so there is no need to unequip every unit at the end of a mission, because you don´t know if it will ever appear again.
He'll be back. Almost all of those units that disappear will be back. In some cases, it would be a story spoiler if you were given the items.
Janeiskla wrote:I think Gold Bonus for early Endings sould be higher. Most of the Scenarios it is more profitable to just skip the last turns instead of early ending. Ok - I´m playing on "normal Mode", maybe it is different on the "Hard" one
The gold bonus can't be adjusted because of a bug in the game and gold is often less interesting than items. I have dealt with this problem by implementing the Beelzebub mechanic. Early finishes give you Beelzebub score (the earlier finish, the more score) and when it reaches a certain breakpoint, enemies will be scared of you and will summon Beelzebub. Fighting him is completely optional because he's quite tough, but he drops large quantities of items and awards good amounts of exp.
Crazy_Kingcaillou

Post by Crazy_Kingcaillou »

Hello Dugi, and thanks for creating such a marvel! I'm almost done with my second run though the campaigns, and I'm interested in using the lot rules/units in multiplayer (with my own custom maps). I know the loti mod is supposed to make this possible, but its outdated, and my knowledge of coding is bad. I know my way around my computer though (windows). Can anyone tell me how and what to move around to allow me to use loti rules in multiplayer? Thanks!
Crazy_Kingcaillou

ForestDragon wrote:well, the only thing you really need to use LotI in any other addon is, here is a step-vy-step guide:
1.go to the wesnoth addon files (most of you know how, but those who don't can just check the wiki)
2.go to the addon's '_main.cfg' file
3.copy-paste this into the file:

Code: Select all

[binary_path]
    path=data/add-ons/Legend_of_the_Invincibles/
[/binary_path]
{~add-ons/Legend_of_the_Invincibles/utils}
[+units]
    {~add-ons/Legend_of_the_Invincibles/units}
[/units]
4.boom! you got LotI mechanics/units
Looked back in the discussion, found this. (Thanks Forest Dragon). This is good enough for me, but if anybody knows how to include items, let me know.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Items are enabled by this:

Code: Select all

{DROPS 5 7 (axe,axe,staff,sword,sword,knife,bow,xbow,spear,spear,bow,dagger,mace) yes 2,3,4,5,6}
It gives enemies a 5% chance to drop an item, 7% chance to drop a gem, make the distribution of weapons as listed in brackets, enables bosses to drop items and makes enemies of sides 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 drop the items.
Place that section into the [multiplayer] tag describing the scenario you want to play or the [era] tag.
snorge_202

Post by snorge_202 »

Hi Dugi, Thanks for this excellent campaign, I'm playing through for the second time, now using the github version for part 2.

spell eaters were a really interesting mechanic I found it spiced up the decision process a lot. I haven't got too chapter 9 yet so cant comment on those changes but i'm looking forward to a different bloodrain as i found that very irritating in my first run through.

Bezelbub is also a really cool mechanic, the first few times i summoned him i thought he was too easy but then it took me about 8 turns to kill him in the desert crossing scenario. I've certainly thought twice about summoning him since)

I've come across a couple of minor bugs, not sure if intentional or not.

1) if i have a unit with both purify and incinerate any converted undead units are still incinerated. (this has meant that on occaison they are purified then die)

2) incinerate isn't removed by heal or regen,

3) celestial messengers can get legacy of light, which doesn't give any new abilities but you can select them, twice from the amla options. (super illuminate etc)

question:
there's a note about not using books on efraim / lethalia as its 20% experience not +20, is this true for legacies too? i didnt get any legacies until AMLA 20(ish) on lethalia and her xp requirements jumped from 4k to 6k in a couple of levels.
Crazy_Kingcaillou

Apologies Dugi, but I'm not exactly sure what you mean. I understand that I'm supposed to copy/paste the section you gave me, with the tags you advised, but where am I supposed to put it with what tags? I tried a few different places, but they didn't work. :hmm:

edit: I'm planning on playing with age of heroes, if that makes a difference.
Valpyra

Post by Valpyra »

Hi,
It's probably been asked before, but why are ai units so idle? I finished 4 scenarios of LotI and so far only 2 enemy units moved out to take a vilage. They do not attack either unless first being engaged. Is this normal? I play on hard difficulty on wesnoth v1.13.6.

Another issue being the first item of every submenu (limited, ring, amulet etc.) does not get displayed. I guess it's not a big deal once you get more stuff, but still.
matsjoyce

Post by matsjoyce »

Valpyra wrote:Another issue being the first item of every submenu (limited, ring, amulet etc.) does not get displayed. I guess it's not a big deal once you get more stuff, but still.
Which version of LotI are you using? I can't reproduce this on the git version.
Valpyra

Post by Valpyra »

Which version of LotI are you using? I can't reproduce this on the git version.
I got it via ingame Addons-manager back in february or so, it says 3.1.21c. The update all button is grey, so should be up-to-date.