Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 241

lynx

Re: Legend of the Invincibles feedback

Post by lynx »

Nah, I'm at the treasure island already. :geek:
macherb

Post by macherb »

Hi

I have played now part one and two.
Sometimes I needed several tries, but otherwise it was fun to play.
Now I started part three.

The objectives say: "Enter the town west from the forest an help..." but the hexes given in the script (x,y=113-126,42-51) are in the east of the Town of eternity.
And.. "and" should be written instead of an "an" :D .
edit: When arriving at the city evey movent within des town hexes triggers the dialog "Who are you".
2nd edit: I try to update right now - I have a slow connection.
edit 3: this problem appears to be soved by updating! Thanks
Last edited by macherb on April 4th, 2012, 8:39 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

You are right.
I usually remember that west is where America and France is and east is where Asia and Russia is, and if there is no France and no Russia, I don't always decide right which side is correct. Lol.

Thanks for correcting me.

When you said that sometimes you needed several tries, was it because some scenarios were excessively hard or just something else? If it was the first, can you please tell me which ones they were?
lynx

Post by lynx »

in the Infinite* scenario, the goal is to reach the southern border, not specifically either corner as stated. Also noticed in the wml, you override instead of appending notes:

Code: Select all

note= _ "Note: Better use skip AI moves in preferences menu"
            note={EARLY_FINISH_BONUS_NOTE}+{NEW_GOLD_CARRYOVER_NOTE_40}
The potion that poisoned my unit is very annoying, it is not curable - reapplied every turn. :|
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I was quite lame at WML and also at english (I have partially fixed that) when I was writing that. It will be fixed in the next release.

The poison was intended. I wanted something worse than just poison as a payback for a poison weapon special from a highly frequent item. The poison can be cured, but it returns after a level-up, in the start of a new scenario, after picking up or removing an object, and also after reloading a save game.
lynx

Post by lynx »

This was from a potion, so I can't drop it. And it definitely sticks. If I move out of a city or vicinity of a curer, the poison is reapplied. It doesn't just happen on scenario start. Now, I don't know if you touched this code in the last update, since I've probably got this item beforehand, so my save could be "corrupted" in a sense.

Explosive faerie fire: so much for Infinite hordes. 8)
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

The save file was cannot be corrupted in this. I will probably remove that effect, and set it just to regularly poison the unit, or that the poison effect stops after some time.
lynx

Post by lynx »

An additional idea is to make the potion of healing cure it permanently too. But this should not be the only option.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

There is actually a droppable book that gives the regenerate ability, that can stop it. But it also adds the poison weapon special (and is much more rare), so the poison is pointless then. The best would be to make the dreaded poison only until the end of scenario, I think.
lynx

Post by lynx »

Yep, good idea. Managed to get that book too, so one of the shadow walkers is extra buffed. :)
macherb

Post by macherb »

Playing wesnoth version 1.10.1, Legend of the Invincibles version 2.0.11, easy, on Linux/debian

Inscenario 1 "Thirst for adventures" the following is said:
message= _ "Units recruited with a very high cost are recalled at the beginning of each scenario and ....

I assumed that these units are recalled automatically like Argan, Delly or Toh Ero. But tey arn't. I can find them in the list of recallable characters because they are "loyal" but one has to go through a (at least in my case) long list.
Argan says in Scenario 1b "bandits": message= _ "That is a strategy good for training new warriors. You are wise, Lethalia."
But you have no or little money to recall a veteran. So I only can enhance the Heroes...

edit: ohh, when I closed the game I found an error message in my Xterm-window: "error engine: Trying to recall Unit faild!" (BTW: Istarted the chapter after an update, but started Chapter 1 with a previous version, I do not know which)
Dugi said: When you said that sometimes you needed several tries, was it because some scenarios were excessively hard or just something else?
It was to find out the best strategy
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Thanks for telling me that. It did not work like it was intended to work. Edits on the fly are not the best thing I should do.
Anyway, it is fixed now together with all the errors reported till now. Run update add-ons to have it fixed.
lynx

Post by lynx »

Also, something is wrong with the item lists for liches. Just inspecting it decreased the max (but not current) hitpoints for both of them (@ch3s1, previous version) and resting didn't help. They have nothing equipped.

Argan is pretty weak for a level 5 unit and even though he has double the hitpoints, he still managed to get killed a few times with Umbra. Stupid ai.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Update it now.
If you have updated it in the last 30 minutes, delete it and install it again.
And it will work.
Argan was a bit bugged there in a few versions there, and the last update fixed that problem.

I have added the fix for that problem you mentioned to the 2.0.12 release, I think nobody downloaded it in the short time it was there before it was replaced with the version with that lich fix.
I had to alter the feeding code for Efraim and Lethalia because every kill with feeding adds 7 lines into the save file, and 300 feedings with 2 units would therefore add over 4000 lines. But it was not compatible with the item system, and when I allowed them to do some stuff with items, it got messed, so that any manipulation different from just picking up items resulted in a removal of all feeding bonuses. Now that problem is fixed.

I am really sorry for the trouble I caused.
lynx

Post by lynx »

I was still on .11 and don't have .12 on the addon server yet (you sure you uploaded it?). I checked the version in the _info.cfg file and the changelog.

I remembered also this bug after waking up: the explosive faery fire hurts allies, but it probably shouldn't.