Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

Dugi

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Dugi »

The fast AI is not significantly dumber. It's not easy to notice that it's not as intelligent as the default one. Read more about it here (ignore the wesnoth 1.13 only part). Download the attached 'update' (copy the files, replacing your own into its folder) and try it out (note: you'll need to change the sixth line of your save file to campaign_extra_defines="ACCELERATE_AI" or campaign_extra_defines="ACCELERATE_AI,LOTI_LOW_DROPS" if you're in the first chapter).
dabber wrote:attack_gauntlets, attack_amulet, attack_armour, attack_ring
These should have never been created. I wasn't able to find them in my save files, can you please post what do they contain?

Menu item definitions can't be removed. I can just hide them.

I've dealt with the rest of junk variables except recruited_unit_random_variation, that is created by a core macro.

Thanks for the report.
Attachments
Legend_of_the_Invincibles.zip
Update with some fixes and the edited AI (note: you'll need to change the sixth line of your save file to campaign_extra_defines="ACCELERATE_AI" or campaign_extra_defines="ACCELERATE_AI,LOTI_LOW_DROPS" if you're in the first chapter).
(1.33 MiB) Downloaded 134 times
dabber

Post by dabber »

Example of weird variable below. That is a short one. attack_ring was 1200 lines.
Spoiler:
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Thanks, that's the information I needed.

EDIT: If my theory is correct, the attached file should fix it (I can't be sure because I wasn't able to replicate it). You'll need to clear the unwanted huge bloated variables yourself, they should have never been created. Manipulating the inventory (when changing non-weapon items adding weapon special?) might replicate the bug.
Attachments
stats.cfg.zip
Use the unpacked file to replace add-ons/Legend_of_the_Invincibles/utils/stats.cfg (yes, the new version is smaller).
(13.45 KiB) Downloaded 182 times
dabber

Post by dabber »

line 771 of chapter 9 utils is
{VARIABLE quests.uria_avatar 1}
but the variable quests.uria_avatar appears nowhere else I see.

I killed the avatar, I think for the second time, and no dialogue popped. I check debug and quests.uria_avatar_deaths still does not exist. Maybe I'm missing something, but I think I should be seeing dialogue.
met_uria_avatar=2
uria_avatar=1 (although per above, I think this is wrong)
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

It seems that I planned to use the quests.uria_avatar variable, but I didn't need it. I removed that line.

I can't find an error in creating the event for her second dying dialogue, and also it's not different from others. You can try to find it in the save file, if the search finds the sentence How can you always find the weak spot I considered too hard to find to be worth fixing... twice in the save file, the event was deployed but wasn't activated. How did you kill her? It seems to me that the cause of the failure of the last breath event to fire was some unlucky weapon special, not the event itself.
Can you upload a save file from the time when she was about to die? It might help me somewhat.

EDIT: I am adding a new feature, it has no effect on the game but I have seen it in another game and it looks pretty cool. To give more meaning to the items, they have a short text that tells something about the item. It may describe how is it used, it can be a funny comment, it can be a cryptic reference to something unrelated to the game yet somewhat related to that particular item (no rewards for guessing those, it can be just googled). It does not show in inventory because it would uselessly clog it.
And as you maybe noticed, the cause of indenting of some item properties was found and fixed.
Tom_Of_Wesnoth

Post by Tom_Of_Wesnoth »

I like that new feature, it's always nice knowing a bit of lore about your items.
If presented with the opportunity, I would take great pleasure in becoming a world ruler.
dabber

Post by dabber »

I think figured it out! The events for Uria avatar dying has filter on type="Uria" instead of type="Uria_avatar". I'm not sure it needs the type field at all?
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

@Tom_Of_Wesnoth
I hope others will accept it as easily as you.

@dabber
It seems so. If I recall things correctly, the reason to check the type is no longer needed. Thanks for the effort.
Tom_Of_Wesnoth

Post by Tom_Of_Wesnoth »

I don't see any reason anyone wouldn't accept it! :D
If presented with the opportunity, I would take great pleasure in becoming a world ruler.
dabber

Post by dabber »

Are you writing item flavor text like mad, or are you interested in suggestions for ones you haven't done yet? (the zip you attached above has some)
I like the screen shot of Aevyn's Wrath ... "I cannot quite figure out how to use this thing".
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I am interested in suggestions, of course. I am not demanding them, but if somebody has an idea he considers cool, he should post it and if I find it cool too, it can replace mine. Anyway, I am not adding any flavour texts if I don't have an idea what might it be, like a half of items have none at the moment.

Example of an item's flavour that tells a part of its story:
orian34

Post by orian34 »

for the fire breath, perhaps reduce the damage but add the burn debuff?
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

It does incinerate the main target already. Mass incineration would be too strong IMO.
Tom_Of_Wesnoth

Post by Tom_Of_Wesnoth »

Aww, mass incineration is fun...
Aevyn

Post by Aevyn »

Descriptions on items are a nice touch; I like it. Question though.

Are you sure descriptions should use "I" in it or be in first person? Assuming it's a reference or that's it's lore, shouldn't it be in third person or at least omit self reference?