Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 241

Dugi

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Dugi »

@ZIM
Fixed the unit error and added a cold-themed item demanding a large quantity of sapphires.

The problem with missing advancements taken is wesnoth 1.13 only, right?

@Preston328
Is this on Wesnoth 1.13 too? A save file of that is not needed, there is a bug buried somewhere deep that manifests only on 1.13 and this might be it.

@AlterAI2
I have modified the costs to fix that issue.

@mikedf
Please provide a safe file, the error trackback is useless.

@eurydike
The ridiculously rewarding Beelzebub encounters were intended to be a way to discourage players from farming fresh enemy recruits for items until the end of turns. This mechanic does the job perfectly. There is no need to make him spawn more.

I have fixed the bug leaving Beelzebub vulnerable to disintegrate. It was also affecting Romero, the annoyingly friendly enemy from chapter 9.

@sakura006
a) The legacy is chosen very early. There is no intentional way for you to find what it has. It was made like this in order to erase all benefits from reloading earlier saved games to get a different one. The legacies are so powerful because most units do not get the perfectly fitting one and lose an advancement when learning which one they have. It's also intended to challenge the players' creativity at making use of not so well fitting legacies when they are already discovered.
b) I have deliberately re-enabled units to randomly obtain the loyal trait. It is very rare, though.
c) There is no relation between item type and the type of enemy that drops it. Bosses usually drop items with 100% probability, but the probabilities of specific item types are the same for bosses and for Walking Corpses.
d) I was lucky, I guess.

@lhaire
Probability that you don't get a single legacy of light after 36 picks is 3.5%. You weren't particularly unlucky.

@xav01
You have to attack Uria a few times before the heroes realise something is wrong and the other events begin.
xav01

Post by xav01 »

Ok, thanks a lot, I was just not obstinate enough. IT works :) .
Wussel

Post by Wussel »

I did down load the recent version for 1.12 a few days ago to check out Anthalia.

The TC items (boots, gauntlets, staff) are not re-colored. The wardrums ability is not working. The spider goblin has no picture.

Is there a simple way to get some info about the possessed legacy when it is discovered? Where is the choosing code? Or is there none? The macro grabs automatically a random one available?

Some are really handy. Like a messenger with legacy of the free.

What is that legacy of the dead? Basically you can become a lich. Other benefits are not so great. Is the lich desirable? Does it have a new legacy to be explored? Basically the units starts over as a lich loosing all racial traits and such? I have a siege troll. Would be kind of weird to make him a lich.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Wussel wrote:The TC items (boots, gauntlets, staff) are not re-colored.
I am not sure what you mean.
Wussel wrote:The wardrums ability is not working.
This has been fixed on github.
Wussel wrote:The spider goblin has no picture.
No picture means no picture in game or no portrait or what?
Wussel wrote:Is there a simple way to get some info about the possessed legacy when it is discovered?
No. You have to wait till the next advance. otherwise, you might just change the 'aware of legacy possessed' to something else if you don't get a useful one.
Wussel wrote:What is that legacy of the dead? Basically you can become a lich.
The point is to give some resistances and a few minor and easy to mitigate weaknesses, plus leech. The final ability is just a second chance to survive death with items (this also can be used to get a lich carrying a lot of weapons with defensive bonuses that occupy no slots he can use).
Wussel

Post by Wussel »

The gauntlet and boots use TC for the sprite. In Anthalia they are always displayed in magenta. So this might be a problem in 1.12?

Which version do I need for wardrums to work properly? I really like wardrums!

The spider goblin has no portrait!

I do understand that concept of legacy! I just want to learn how to hack it.

I learned from some reading on this 400+ pages. The legacy will be fixed when equipping an item the first time? Is that were I have to search? Basically people say you can hack the save files and change it there to whatever you like.

If it is fixed when equipping first gear (IF) you could actually give a note when taking aware of legacy. Like you are aware of "this" legacy. People could cheat themselves by equipping the first item just before picking the advancement, but they don't have too.

Ok that lich: Will it have a legacy? Will it be a new legacy? I will have to learn how to cover for fire and arcane weakness properly.

Edit: Found line 3021 in stats.cfg! Undead are filtered in line 3012? No legacy for the lich, I am guessing? Very well hidden easter egg! I was looking for this for years!

How does the game run this without any delays? Heindal has a lot of delay with his macros. How comes that this is running without any noticeable delays?
dabber

Post by dabber »

If you want a lich with a legacy, you need to read the book of Necromancy in order to become a Lich. I have once made a series of characters (messengers, I think) and leveled them to learn their legacy just to get Phoenix on a Lich.

Generally, undead legacy is great just for melee leech. That is a really good weapon special that is hard to get.
BTIsaac

Post by BTIsaac »

Foul potions don't work. I gave letalia one by accident during meeting of the ancients, and i didn't notice until much later. The effect didn't wear off between scenarios, and the only part of it that was working was the health loss. The counter didn't reset with kills, and she was not healed, in fact, she took damage when striking the killing blow. It made the campaign unplayable. I had to reload an old save and lost at least two hours on gameplay. Between this frustration and the recent recall list wipe, I'm beginning to lose my patience.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Wussel wrote:The gauntlet and boots use TC for the sprite. In Anthalia they are always displayed in magenta. So this might be a problem in 1.12?
Who the hell is Anthalia?!
Wussel wrote:Which version do I need for wardrums to work properly? I really like wardrums!
The not yet published one on GitHub!
Wussel wrote:The spider goblin has no portrait!
Draw one if you want! I was repeatedly bashed for making crappy portraits.
Wussel wrote:I just want to learn how to hack it.
I won't help you with it!
Wussel wrote:No legacy for the lich, I am guessing? Very well hidden easter egg! I was looking for this for years!
Yup, undead have no legacies.
Wussel wrote:How does the game run this without any delays? Heindal has a lot of delay with his macros. How comes that this is running without any noticeable delays?
Because this campaign doesn't overuse macros as much as Heindal's works. I have seen the problems with macros early enough and figured out a way to do the same things with significantly lower macro usage. This and a few other tricks allowed me to make this campaign far more complicated than it would be possible without them.

However, there is a popular myth that macros improve performance and if the performance is bad, more macros are needed.
BTIsaac wrote:Foul potions don't work. I gave letalia one by accident during meeting of the ancients, and i didn't notice until much later.
If I recall correctly, this was already fixed on GitHub.
BTIsaac

Post by BTIsaac »

Well it's not fixed in my version, and I'm playing on a mobile... So will it be fixed in the next release? Well, it's not that bad if I never actually use them, but then again, I didn't intend to use this one either, and it's somewhat annoying when a boss drops one of these instead of something actually useful.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Dugi wrote: March 27th, 2018, 6:34 am
Wussel wrote:The gauntlet and boots use TC for the sprite. In Anthalia they are always displayed in magenta. So this might be a problem in 1.12?
Who the hell is Anthalia?!
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=47884&hilit=anthalia
He is basically(?)p pointing out a problem(?) with your code, when it was used in another campaign? Or something along those lines.
I'm really not sure.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

BTIsaac wrote:Well it's not fixed in my version, and I'm playing on a mobile... So will it be fixed in the next release?
Yes, it should be. The github version is the most recent working version, I upload it when I find it suitable.
Konrad2 wrote:He is basically(?)p pointing out a problem(?) with your code, when it was used in another campaign?
Aha. I see. Thanks for the clarification.
If the bug doesn't manifest in LotI but does manifest in that campaign, the error is in that campaign. If team colour is ignored there completely (not just small visual artifacts on some units), it most likely means that magenta is not set as team colour or it's not properly defined.
dabber

Post by dabber »

Foul Potion works for me. Gains hitpoints for killing. If no kills for a few turns, lose hitpoints. Kill again and gain hitpoints.
It goes away when you level up, not when the scenario ends.
singalen
iOS Port Maintainer

Post by singalen »

Hi,
Do you have a plan to upload LotI to 1.14 add-ons server? It's popular among iOS users, and iOS version is now based on 1.14.
Thanks.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I have uploaded it, but I am too busy to make proper tests. It was kept compatible with some 1.13 versions. Also, because of some problems with my computer, I don't have time to fix (mainly because of the risk that it would break something and cause much longer delays), it's too impractical for me to install wesnoth 1.14.

If you find some obvious errors, please report it on GitHub and/or try to make a pull request that fixes it and I will merge it, I have to trust you guys that it'll work.
eurydike

Post by eurydike »

Spoiler:
Attachments
LotI2-The_Last_Enemy_replay_X.gz
Spoiler warning
(572.52 KiB) Downloaded 412 times