Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

Gamdor

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Gamdor »

Hey Dugi
We have a problem. The units AoE attacks don't work correctly(conical fairy fire ,whirlwind etc ). What i mean , is that they don't damage the nearby enemy units but only the primary target.
Here is the error log :

<Lua error> ... userdata data add-ons/legend_of_the_invincibles/lua.lua:120:attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'base_
damage' (a nil value) stack traceback:
...\userdata\data\add-ons/Legend_of_the_invincibles/lua.lua:120: in function 'round_damage'
...\userdata\data\add-ons/Legend_of_the_invincibles/lua.lua:136: in function 'calculate_damage'
...\userdata\data\add-ons/Legend_of_the_invincibles/lua.lua:140: in function 'cmd'
...es (x86)/Battle for Wesnoth 1.12.6\data\lua/wml-tags.lua:320: in function <...es (x86)/Battle for Wesnoth data lua/wml-tags.lua:284> {{ this happens every time i successfully hit an enemy}}

Thank you for the great campain and plz respond asap.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Do you have the latest version? I remember fixing an error like that before the last update. There were two bugs that could combine to create that bug, I fixed them both, so it should not appear again.

Installing the latest version should instantly fix one of the bugs, which should be enough to silence the errors.
Techknow

Post by Techknow »

Hey Dugi, I found a couple bugs with the kamikaze sprint weapon special (v3.1.21):

1) I noticed the special usually triggers but not always especially when I have a scythemaster with low health and almost towards an AMLA so I had to investigate this. To my understanding the special activates on the condition that the attacker's health is greater than the opponents damage, so it's possible that it won't trigger when the unit has low health. Is that suppose to happen?

2) Also if the special triggers, killing a unit(s) doesn't grant any experience. I can't tell why from looking at the code.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

1) Yes, if it would kill the user before applying any effect, it does nothing. I added it to the description to avoid confusion.
2) There was a bug, I fixed it. Thanks for reporting.
Maikal

Post by Maikal »

Playing on Wesnoth version 1.12.6, normal difficulty. Currently on the 3rd chapter of the campaign, and in scenarios 1b, 2, and 2b so far many enemy units are bugged and have either heavily reduced damage or increased resistances which both are coupled with 0% defence on all terrains and sometimes they have a 100% hit chance against my units on all terrains. I didn't save replays I'm afraid, but I'm pretty sure it's 100% reproducible by just going back into the game. I also started trying out the no randomness add on, I don't think that was causing this bug though because even after disabling it enemy units retained their bugged stats/defences, and enemy units were still being recruited with that bug.

Aside from bugs, scenario 2 chapter 3 massively unbalances the rest of the campaign because you can infinitely train your army with the troll and orc leaders with no penalty or loss of gold as long as you didn't recall anything with upkeep. Additionally, all scenarios (so far) do not give an early finish bonus that exceeds the income from having all villages, which means you can train your army until the end of turns in most scenarios with little if any loss of gold as well.

EDIT: The bug doesn't result in changes in resistances actually, and this bug is actually affecting my units too. Some of my units occasionally get reduced damage and 100% hit chance on all terrains, sometimes they have 0% defence as well. Here are screen shots of one of my affected units: http://puu.sh/q1xm3.png
http://puu.sh/q1xm3.png
She is supposed to have far higher damage.
I was able to fix this by disabling and re-enabling attack retaliation with her sword, but the bug keeps on occurring constantly after attacking and it's only fixed by changing the attack retaliation settings and moving/attacking with other units after.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

The hit chance problem is related to your no randomness add-on. I could not replicate it. I am not sure which randomness remover you are using, some of them may be implemented in a way that deactivation does not remove the effect immediately.

I have set a turn limit in that scenario to 150 turns.
ItsDaKoolaidDude

Post by ItsDaKoolaidDude »

I'm still having trouble getting Beelzebub to spawn, most of the time I'm getting the message you usually get when finishing early at the very end, which then the next scenario doesn't show the markers that would both summon the unit and tell it where you are.
You spent the entire game, going in circles! It's like the equivalent of Homer Simpson doing cartwheels on the kitchen floor, and you still won?! -Johnny (BSC)
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

It's a known bug. Look at this post for a quick fix or wait for a new version.

Post by Maikal »

Dugi wrote:The hit chance problem is related to your no randomness add-on. I could not replicate it. I am not sure which randomness remover you are using, some of them may be implemented in a way that deactivation does not remove the effect immediately.

I have set a turn limit in that scenario to 150 turns.
Currently on turn 173: http://puu.sh/q1OW9.png
Restarting the scenario does not show a turn limit.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I haven't uploaded the change yet. The add-on is quite a large download, having everyone download an update after every petty bugfix would be really merciless for the server.

Post by Maikal »

Ah okay sorry
matsjoyce

Post by matsjoyce »

@Dugi You could put LotI on GitHub, that way the "testers" on this thread could get the small bugfixes without overloading the server. We could also submit spelling changes etc. without cluttering up this thread. :hmm: There was another campaign that did this, but I can't remember which one it is.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

matsjoyce wrote:@Dugi You could put LotI on GitHub, that way the "testers" on this thread could get the small bugfixes without overloading the server. We could also submit spelling changes etc. without cluttering up this thread. :hmm: There was another campaign that did this, but I can't remember which one it is.
More campaigns were on GitHub, Invasion from the Unknown and something from Knightmare for sure, not sure what else. Anyway, LotI was also available in an online repository, but nobody paid attention to it, so I eventually stopped updating it. Downloading via command line tools isn't something most players like, mainly because it's particularly hard to set up on Windows.

There used to be an add-ons sever named 'trunk' that was not tied to any wesnoth version, so I was using it as a sever for testing versions of LotI, but now it's offline.

Post by James_The_Invisible »

matsjoyce wrote:There was another campaign that did this, but I can't remember which one it is.
I have done that about a year ago, not only for my own campaign but also one I am maintaining. I already received a couple (literary :D ) of pull requests.
Dugi wrote:Anyway, LotI was also available in an online repository
Wait, when and where?
but nobody paid attention to it
Did you put an announcement about it? If not, you cannot complain about lack of interest.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I have done that about a year ago, not only for my own campaign but also one I am maintaining. I already received a couple (literary :D ) of pull requests.
Yes? Given that LotI seems to be drawing more community attention than For Power, it could mean more than two pull requests yearly. Not bad.
Wait, when and where?
On sourceforge. It was long ago, before I knew you.
Did you put an announcement about it? If not, you cannot complain about lack of interest.
I haven't. That could be the mistake.

So maybe I could hypothetically create a repository.