Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

nuorc
Forum Regular

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by nuorc »

tichy wrote:On the map as I see it 17.1 is dark and inaccessible.
If I open the map with the editor there are two hexes of wall blocking the way to 17,1 which are not there from turn 1 in my replay. So I guess there's something wrong from the start in your scenario.
I have a cunning plan.
tichy

Post by tichy »

nuorc wrote:If I open the map with the editor there are two hexes of wall blocking the way to 17,1 which are not there from turn 1 in my replay. So I guess there's something wrong from the start in your scenario.
Thanks for checking on that! Is there something in the scenario that's supposed to trigger removing that blockage?

Also, I haven't used the editor before - is there a workaround?

(And can someone tell me where OS X save files live? Thanks.)
dabber

Post by dabber »

Dugi, in item_list.cfg, various items have a line for "attacks_plus=", but this property doesn't show in the game when viewing the item and doesn't appear to do anything.
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

tichy wrote:Is there something in the scenario that's supposed to trigger removing that blockage?

Also, I haven't used the editor before - is there a workaround?
I guess something should remove the wall before the scenario is created. But might be best to let Dugi answer that. Personally I wouldn't try to mess with his voodoo-code. ;)

tichy wrote:(And can someone tell me where OS X save files live? Thanks.)
A quick internet search pointed me here.
I have a cunning plan.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I have looked at the problem and it appears that there is a small chance that no way out opens. The connections between areas open randomly in these parts. To exclude the possibility that no connections open, there is usually a pair of paths from which always one opens. There was a bug in Sepulchre of the Nefarious that was not excluding this possibility, making it possible for players to get stuck there. The fix will be included in the next version.

If this happened to you, the fix would not help you anyway. What you have to do to fix it is to go back to a save file from the previous scenario, end it and go to the Sepulchre again. There's a very high probability that at least one exit will be open.

I apologise for this error.
tichy

Post by tichy »

Dugi wrote:If this happened to you, the fix would not help you anyway. What you have to do to fix it is to go back to a save file from the previous scenario, end it and go to the Sepulchre again. There's a very high probability that at least one exit will be open.
Hi - thanks for the info!
Is there any way to know, once I restart the scenario, whether the way has opened up?
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

tichy wrote:...
Hi - thanks for the info!
Is there any way to know, once I restart the scenario, whether the way has opened up?
Yes. You can use cheat mode to remove the shroud. Open the game's console (pressing the : button), then write debug to allow cheats and then you can write shroud to see the map. Be warned, do not use other cheat commands, most of them will introduce bugs into the game.
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

Dugi just saying is there a way to hide units from the help and debug section? If there is and I'm sure there is why don't you use it on some of the extremely over powered units eg demi gods.
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Dugi just saying is there a way to hide units from the help and debug section? If there is and I'm sure there is why don't you use it on some of the extremely over powered units eg demi gods
In some cases, they can be hidden from help. They can't be hidden from debug section, because debug mode is for people writing the code.

Which units would you like to have hidden from help?
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

Possibly some of the corrupted units, the lord of the flies (not sure if that's from LotL), Unholy Breed and the Lesser Demi god. Also if there is a way why try to hide some of the units that you only find as you progress the story so that it doesn't ruin the story.
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

Dugi wrote:Which units would you like to have hidden from help?
So they would only be visible after one encountered them?
I have a cunning plan.
tichy

Post by tichy »

Dugi wrote:Yes. You can use cheat mode to remove the shroud. Open the game's console (pressing the : button), then write debug to allow cheats and then you can write shroud to see the map. Be warned, do not use other cheat commands, most of them will introduce bugs into the game.
Excellent - thank you!
cheesecake_rh

Post by cheesecake_rh »

Just reporting a bug. The touch of death gauntlets (which reduce a unit's number of attacks by 4) will cause the game to crash if given to a unit with 4 or less attacks when that unit enters combat.
dabber

Post by dabber »

cheesecake_rh wrote:Just reporting a bug. The touch of death gauntlets (which reduce a unit's number of attacks by 4) will cause the game to crash if given to a unit with 4 or less attacks when that unit enters combat.
Already reported and fixed on github
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

nuorc wrote:
Dugi wrote:Which units would you like to have hidden from help?
So they would only be visible after one encountered them?
Units are visible only after you have encountered them. This would cause them to be visible only if you click on the unit and select the option to view help.

Do you have any disagreements with the suggestion to remove from help the corrupted units, Unholy Breed, Demigods, Lesser Demigods and Lord of the Flies?