Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 241

dabber

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by dabber »

One thing I notice in LotI (and elsewhere, but I really notice it in LotI) is that enemy leaders effectively never attack. A massively powerful demon lord will sit on his recruitment spot and never attack, even if out of recruitment money. A really wimpy unit (zombie) might draw an attack, but decent units the leader can really hurt or possibly kill will be ignored, even if they are all alone.
I've tried messing around with AI settings, like leader_ignores_keep and leader_aggression, and I tried zeroing income once gold drops, but nothing mattered. Any ideas?
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

dabber wrote: January 7th, 2019, 2:37 pm One thing I notice in LotI (and elsewhere, but I really notice it in LotI) is that enemy leaders effectively never attack. A massively powerful demon lord will sit on his recruitment spot and never attack, even if out of recruitment money. A really wimpy unit (zombie) might draw an attack, but decent units the leader can really hurt or possibly kill will be ignored, even if they are all alone.
I've tried messing around with AI settings, like leader_ignores_keep and leader_aggression, and I tried zeroing income once gold drops, but nothing mattered. Any ideas?
LotI's AI is a part of Wesnoth's core and its problems are problems in Wesnoth. If I recall correctly, there was a bug in the passive_leader_shares_keep behaviour and I don't know how it ended.

Anyway, there used to be a problem with suicidal leaders who charged into battle as soon as a unit walked by, allowing powerful units to swarm him and defeat the leader, often before engaging many of units placed all around him. It appears that their aggression went too low. Probably nothing can be done on 1.14, I might contact the AI guys to make some changes in 1.15.

I have released a fix for all the bugs of the recent swarm. The new version has no new content, I am releasing it just to address the bugs. Thanks edwardspec, dabber and arobinson for helping me to fix them.
ZeroHour

Post by ZeroHour »

I'm not sure if it's just me but I get this error on PC and Android. Image

I can't get past the opening scenario. Your help is very appreciated.

Here is imgur link in case the image didn't post properly
http://imgur.com/gallery/GbxTpJE
Attachments
SmartSelect_20190110-133907_Battle for Wesnoth.jpg
Raywyrm

Post by Raywyrm »

I've been getting the same error since I updated yesterday
Codeyne

Post by Codeyne »

Seems to happen when you try to craft an item.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Darn, again, I didn't check the code that was contributed. I don't know what's broken, I will contact him. I apologise, I broke it and everything worked for me because I had it cached. For now, use this save file from the following scenario.
LotI1-An Orcish Assault Turn 1.gz
(180.37 KiB) Downloaded 260 times
It's probably a tutorial-only problem, I have tested the crafting window and it works fine outside tutorial.
Last edited by Dugi on January 12th, 2019, 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wuxiangjinxing

Post by wuxiangjinxing »

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WOiPuI ... sp=sharing

This is a Chinese translation. May you please add it to the addon? Thx.
Ford

Post by Ford »

Strange things are happening since the last update. I just started playing and it seems that if I change some unit's inventory in any way, the items of that unit lose their description (they still work, but I can't read what they do when I enter "Items" menu). Also, units are duplicating. Sometimes it happens right after recalling/recruiting, sometimes after doing something in inventory an sometimes doesn't happens at all, I can't figure it out.
Also a bug that I found before update: some units (gladiators from Chapter8, possibly some others) don't have legacies.
EDIT: I can provide save file if you need it.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

wuxiangjinxing wrote: January 12th, 2019, 2:03 am https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WOiPuI ... sp=sharing

This is a Chinese translation. May you please add it to the addon? Thx.
Are you sure you want me to add it right now? It seems many strings are not translated yet. I admit that it might be better than nothing, but I want to be sure if it's really the latest version you have.

I have published an update where these bugs should be fixed.
wuxiangjinxing

Post by wuxiangjinxing »

In this translation most of the strings related to the system (such as units, abilities, special abilities, weapon specials, etc.) are coverred. On the other hand, strings used in scenerios are almost not touched at all so yes this is an incomplete translation. But I think still it can be helpful for more Chinese players to enjoy this addon because they can chop the enemies down without understanding the story. And if more Chinese people get interested in this addon probably they can take part in the translation.
Ford

Post by Ford »

Thanks a lot for fixing these bugs, but I'm afraid there's even more of them:
-items that are supposed to decrease resistance to certain kind of damage of nearby units apparently decrease all resistances instead
-some items give bonuses when combined with other items on one unit - however, purple lines in inventory describing these bonuses are not highlighted even though these bonuses are applied correctly (probably result of one of recent upgrades)
-not very important, but highest level plants and machines from Chapter 9 have names and titles, which is rather strange, considering the latter are described as mindless tools and the former are, well, plants (lower level units of the same kind have neither).
And by the way, Chapter 9 (at least in the beginning - I now that some players considered it boring in the long run) is very interesting, with change of scenery, a lot of new enemies and new, unusual challangess.
white_haired_uncle

Post by white_haired_uncle »

Okay, I'll admit it. I didn't read all 464 pages, but I did do a quick search and didn't find anything.

You should probably put in a notice informing people to remove the _beta from the directory, or else it won't load. Easy enough to figure out, but a quick note for us to ignore would be helpful.
Speak softly, and carry Doombringer.
white_haired_uncle

When I first played this (Banished), the orc leader dropped a sword and the scenario ended, but I didn't get the sword. I thought when things were dropped like that they automatically went into inventory, but maybe I'm thinking of a different campaign?

[EDIT: Nope, not thinking of a different campaign. When I finished the next scenario I got a message about automatically picking something up that was dropped by last enemy leader]

I did find something interesting though. Check out Efraim's sword(s). I went back to the very beginning and saw the same, so maybe it happens in the tutorial when you switch swords?

3.2.4c+/1.14.5

EDIT2: Added a little more evidence on the automatic pickup issue. There's a pair of boots where Umbra used to be.
Attachments
LotI1-Umbra-Auto-Save8.gz
(420.89 KiB) Downloaded 235 times
LotI1-Umbra Turn 8.gz
(419.65 KiB) Downloaded 236 times
LotI1-An Orcish Assault.gz
(70.04 KiB) Downloaded 224 times
LotI1-Banished-Auto-Save32.gz
(257.33 KiB) Downloaded 223 times
Last edited by white_haired_uncle on January 21st, 2019, 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
white_haired_uncle

3.2.4c+/1.14.5

In the attached, when Efraim advances if I choose faster with crossbow, it claims that it will go from 25x2 to 16x3? Is that right?
Attachments
LotI1-Where the Sun Does not Shine-Auto-Save27.gz
(281.94 KiB) Downloaded 248 times
white_haired_uncle

3.2.4c+/1.14.5

Kill the dragon with Efraim, get a free WML error
Attachments
LotI1-Where the Sun Does not Shine-Auto-Save63.gz
(292.27 KiB) Downloaded 240 times