Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 241

ZIM

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by ZIM »

Hello,
I want to report a bug,
In chapter 2, scenario Darkness Closing In, I've got a error about a failed attempt to unstore unit from a empty variable. When I check the .cfg file, I've noticed at line 1081, there is a define to hurt unit with id=hu20, but when I check the file, I didn't find any unit with the mentioned id. So, I give the id to one of the unit that doesn't have any id, and the problem is fixed.

By the way, my suggestion for an item that requires many sapphire is a weapon that deals cold damage with slowing weapon special.
EDIT:
I have just noticed that the "advancement taken" panel in Unit Information are broken. It remains empty even after I took several AMLA.
Last edited by ZIM on March 19th, 2018, 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Preston328

Post by Preston328 »

n_mouli wrote: December 12th, 2017, 1:13 pm The game results in 'Defeated' for me on 'Meeting of the Ancients' right after it asks me to recruit 2 from my older recruits.
I see a "unknown conditional wml:[set_variable](65536) on the screen right after the 'The prince' started his dialog.
I am on 1.13.10 + mac-OS and the latest add-on version from github.
Hi, I am experiencing the exact same situation as described above, again my Lethalia is not a preserved lich and could not recruit during the scenario before. I'm a little bit gutted as I've absolutely loved the campaign and certainly have a few units that I have got attached to.

I am on iOS and would have absolutely no idea how to get you a save file....

Many thanks for any help you can offer.

Preston
AlterAl2

Post by AlterAl2 »

Dugi wrote: March 9th, 2018, 9:33 pm @lhaire
1. No problem.
5. Maybe I could add a craft recipe that requires many sapphires? Any suggestions what could it do?
My feeling is that i always lack rubies and amethyst.

I looked at the object crafting , and think that too many objects need 3 or more rubies, (same for many amethysts)
I would prefer to replace 3 rubies by 1 emerald, and same thing for high gems.
it would smooth the expenses , but the object keep the same price

For example,
Chaos armor:
amethysts=6 -> 2
sapphires=1 -> 2
black_pearls=1 ->2

It is the same price "18 equivalent emerald"

or "The Shiverbringer"
rubies=5 , emeralds=0, amethysts=1 becomes : rubies=2 , emeralds=1, amethysts=1

I looked t this for all the armors, and it is very close to current probalities for both high and low drop.
Alain
mikedf

lua error in legend of the invincibles mod

Post by mikedf »

At a certain point in the game, the experience points of one of two main player characters went back to 1 instead of advancing. Now, whenever the character enters into combat, the experience points cycle through a sequence of numbers, which freezes the gameplay. The cycling is accompanied by a repeated error message, which states, in part:

<lua error> game_error: creating unit with an empty type field

I've attached a screenshot of the full error message.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give!
wesnoth err.jpg
eurydike

Post by eurydike »

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
dabber

Post by dabber »

mikedf, what systems and version are you using? I can probably brute force fix a saved game so you can keep playing, if you want to attach one.
sakura006

Post by sakura006 »

I have really enjoyed Loti by far, it's an amazing work. Right now I am in chapter 7, and I just realize that there exists a legacy system lol. They are so powerful compared to the normal advancements. But sadly, it seems that most of the legacy my units have are not so useful to them. For example, my most beloved Chaos Knight and Celestial Messenger have the legacy of free lol. So I decide to restart the part 2. Here are some questions.
a. I wonder how does the legacy system work? It seems like even if I reload to the turn that just before the units level up, the legacy still remain the same. So is there a way to find out what legacy a unit possesses before I invest a lot on them, even if I need to use debug mode? Or I can simply change the legacy by SL?
b. Another thing is the trait. I find that those recruited units can also have loyalty, although they are very rare. Is that a bug since in the original BfW, loyalty cannot be found in those recruited units.
c. About the item system, is the drop of item related to the rank of enemies? I mean higher rank of enemies like boss unit will drop much better items. And is there a effective way to farm those sets? When I finished the part 1, the only full set I had is "search for the wisdom" set.
d. Why are you so brilliant! lol
BTIsaac

Post by BTIsaac »

The loyalty thing is not a bug. Units with three digit recruiting costs are always given the loyal trait to compensate for the fact that many long scenarios give you no income and no early finish bonus (otherwise you'd be sitting on a mountain of gold with no way to spend it).
The item drop appears to be completely random, aside from the fact that enemy laders always drop something, and Belzebub is basically a glorified pinata.
Whiskeyjack

Post by Whiskeyjack »

@sakura006:

a) I am not sure how exactly Legacy works, as most times, units have it before they reach max level, but sometimes they don't. At the latest, the Legacy is added when advancing to max level (it might be that it gets added at first level up - too lazy to check right now). About the Legacy hacking:
Spoiler:
b) In LotI, units have a 2% chance upon recruitment to become loyal as one of their traits and a 1% chance to get highlander (a very strong trait giving some health and considerable damage).

c) The only "effective" way to farm sets is to kill more enemies. It's completely luck dependent and you might never finish a certain set if you are unlucky, as there are so many different items in the game. I found that Beelzebub always gives me a nice set boost, as you almost always get some set pieces from him. You can also save the game before killing him and reload, when you don't like the stuff he dropped, but this is still pretty heavy RNG and if you are targeting a certain item, you might still have an unnerving amount of reloads at your hands, so I'd not think this worth it...
You can always tweak the drop numbers either in the corresponding files or in the save game, but that is a little more complicated than the legacy hack above.
Under blood-red skies, an old man sits
In the ruins of Carthage - contemplating prophecy.
lhaire

Post by lhaire »

I've have 36 characters now that have achieved their Legacy... how is it that not a single one has Legacy of Light !?! Could I really have that bad of luck? I really can't believe it!
xav01

Post by xav01 »

Hi everybody,

I restart LOTI for a few months now, I reached the pandemonium, but I find no way to enter the Pandemonium Den.
Lilith is dead, all the seals are broken.
The only enemy I've killed is Uria's avatar, since I find no way to do so.
Maybe Iv'e missed the solution in dialogs, but I can't figure how to progress now. Sorry if my question is stupid, or have already be answered, I looked for a solution but found none.

Anyhow great thanks for this scenario, it's really fantastic.

Edit: I use Wesnoth v1.12.5 and LOTI v3.2.0, I've seen there's a v3.2.1. Updating could be a solution? Would I loose all my progress and be obliged to restart all the campaign? As you see, I'm quite a newbie to theses subtilities.
dabber

Post by dabber »

xav01,
Not using the latest official Wesnoth (1.12.6) feels like a red flag to me. I don't know that going from .5 to .6 matters, but that happened a long time ago, so any impact would be forgotten/unnoticed. I suggest getting Wesnoth 1.12.6, and that should not require restarting the campaign in any way.

Is Lilith dead, or defeated and fled? You defeat her in Foul Pits, and she flees. Has she come back?
Spoiler:
xav01

Post by xav01 »

@dabber : thanks for answering;
For the wesnoth version, I just use the up-to-date version proposed in Linux Mint. I will add the ppa:vincent-c/wesnoth ppa to get the latest version.

Lilith has died in Foul Pits, and hasn't come back yet. Have I something to do so?
sakura006

Post by sakura006 »

Whiskeyjack wrote: March 22nd, 2018, 11:15 pm @sakura006:

a) I am not sure how exactly Legacy works, as most times, units have it before they reach max level, but sometimes they don't. At the latest, the Legacy is added when advancing to max level (it might be that it gets added at first level up - too lazy to check right now). About the Legacy hacking:
Spoiler:
b) In LotI, units have a 2% chance upon recruitment to become loyal as one of their traits and a 1% chance to get highlander (a very strong trait giving some health and considerable damage).

c) The only "effective" way to farm sets is to kill more enemies. It's completely luck dependent and you might never finish a certain set if you are unlucky, as there are so many different items in the game. I found that Beelzebub always gives me a nice set boost, as you almost always get some set pieces from him. You can also save the game before killing him and reload, when you don't like the stuff he dropped, but this is still pretty heavy RNG and if you are targeting a certain item, you might still have an unnerving amount of reloads at your hands, so I'd not think this worth it...
You can always tweak the drop numbers either in the corresponding files or in the save game, but that is a little more complicated than the legacy hack above.
Thanks for answering! I tried an hour last night for the legacy system. When the unit is created, the legacy is still not fixed, but once you level up, the legacy is fixed. And another important thing is that if you equip the unit with any item, then the legacy is also fixed even if the unit is just created.
It seems like loyalty trait is an add-on trait. That means if a recruited unit has loyalty, it has three traits. Although only two traits are showed in the game. I have a mage who has a loyalty and intelligence trait. But judging from the base attack and hp of this unit, it also has the strong trait. However the highlander trait doesn't have a such problem. So I wonder if it is a bug.
xav01

Post by xav01 »

Hi,

I'm back, with my problem of getting in pandemonium den.
The update is done, I'm now under wesnoth v1.12.6. I didn't updated the LOTI version yet.
I wandered a bit through the different places, but nothing happened yet.

Is there a way to make Lilith come back, or do I have just to wait?