Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 241

ForestDragon

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by ForestDragon »

Dugi wrote:
nuorc wrote:When I try to view Lilith's unit information via 'items' in the same turn she appears at Pandemonium I get a Lua error:
Works fine for me.
@nuorc: do you have the Github version of LotI, or the one from the add-on server?
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
My inactive add-ons (1.12): Tale of Alan, The Golden Age
Co-creator of Era of Magic
death_lord

Post by death_lord »

I don't know why but for some reason Efraim and Phillip keep losing there damage for some time then gain a part of damage and then gain full damage for 1 turn and it drops to 1/hit again if anyone cud help fix this problem would be great.
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

death_lord wrote:I don't know why but for some reason Efraim and Phillip keep losing there damage for some time then gain a part of damage and then gain full damage for 1 turn and it drops to 1/hit again if anyone cud help fix this problem would be great.
does this happen after using aoe attacks? if yes, then it's caused by a feature which decreases damage when an aoe attack hits. This is a 'bad design' issue, not a bug.
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
My inactive add-ons (1.12): Tale of Alan, The Golden Age
Co-creator of Era of Magic
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

@Dugi: Thanks for your reply, but I feel cheated out of XP! :P

ForestDragon wrote:@nuorc: do you have the Github version of LotI, or the one from the add-on server?
It is a github version (3.1.23), but not the latest. (I didn't like the additional nasty black souls...)

@death_lord: Welcome! As ForestDragon wrote, 'area of effect' attacks are so tiring that units need time to regain their strength; this includes 'explosive', 'hose' etc. I simply avoid getting/using those. Another example is 'whirlwind', mouse over will show the description of the effect.
Spoiler:
I have a cunning plan.
DuckyWucky2

Post by DuckyWucky2 »

ForestDragon wrote:
death_lord wrote:I don't know why but for some reason Efraim and Phillip keep losing there damage for some time then gain a part of damage and then gain full damage for 1 turn and it drops to 1/hit again if anyone cud help fix this problem would be great.
does this happen after using aoe attacks? if yes, then it's caused by a feature which decreases damage when an aoe attack hits. This is a 'bad design' issue, not a bug.
Any chance of a fix? Kinda annoying when using the whirlwind and would LOVE to play this campaign again 3rd time round! :D
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

You misunderstood. It's not a bug. It's a feature, it's intended to work that way. ._.
Celtic_Minstrel
Developer

Post by Celtic_Minstrel »

If it's "bad design", that's still something for which "fix" could apply.
Author of The Black Cross of Aleron campaign and Default++ era.
Former maintainer of Steelhive.
DuckyWucky2

Post by DuckyWucky2 »

Konrad2 wrote:You misunderstood. It's not a bug. It's a feature, it's intended to work that way. ._.
I think Dugi meant it to work for every AoE except whirlwind? Maybe I am wrong.
Naron

Post by Naron »

No, this "feature" applies to all AoE attacks. Frankly, I have abandoned playing this add-on exactly because of these new "features". It makes using AoEs totally useless.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

nuorc wrote:I didn't like the additional nasty black souls...
The change that added those black souls affects only three locations and greatly reduces the quantity of enemies and replaces them with easier types.
DuckyWucky2 wrote:Any chance of a fix? Kinda annoying when using the whirlwind and would LOVE to play this campaign again 3rd time round! :D
The thing is that many people refused to use AoE attacks before because they gained no experience for killing additional targets. I changed it, now it awards experience for all enemies, but cannot be used consistently unless built around (ability anger or very high damage (irrespective of attacks) can compensate it pretty well).

I am aware that this is quite unpopular, but there has to be a limitation and no other limitation was agreed upon. I think that temporarily reducing the unit's resistance instead (making AoE attacks usable all the time, but forcing you to protect the unit) could work, but I think that there were some disagreements about it.
DuckyWucky2

Post by DuckyWucky2 »

Fair enough. The Akula caves is gonna take so long now. :(
Richard

Post by Richard »

Hi Dugi

Running through Chapter 1 again. On the Escape from Oblivion and I have an unusual event: Lethalia on the cusp of levelling to L5 has the Tears of the Dead amulet equipped but yet the vampire bats can still drain her.

But I love your work, seriously. Interested backstory for Loti set in Affably Evil, (played that one first) makes for a stranger understanding of the plot in Loti...

Everything else is fantastic!
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

Yes it really is a work of art. :D
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Richard wrote:Running through Chapter 1 again. On the Escape from Oblivion and I have an unusual event: Lethalia on the cusp of levelling to L5 has the Tears of the Dead amulet equipped but yet the vampire bats can still drain her.
The code for that ability was completely broken. It worked only when the supposedly drain immune unit attacked a unit with drain and even in that case it didn't work properly and made the unit immune to poison until it attacked with a draining attack. Fixed.
Richard wrote:But I love your work, seriously. Interested backstory for Loti set in Affably Evil, (played that one first) makes for a stranger understanding of the plot in Loti...
Thanks. It's always nice to wake up to see this.

Truth about Affably Evil is that the beginning of LotI had a very bad plot, so I contemplated above the list of plot holes and oddities there and made up a story that would explain all of it :lol:
Lordlewis wrote:Yes it really is a work of art. :D
Thanks ^_^
matsjoyce

Post by matsjoyce »

@Dugi Is there any way we could get lavaflow (from EPIC_SPELLS in chapter5_utils.cfg) in the Inferno? I think it might add some interesting tactics for dealing with the hordes. It would come with a good deal of lethargy though (or use one per scenario).