Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

nuorc
Forum Regular

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by nuorc »

@Dugi: Could you please include a 'pick up' script for items on inaccessible terrain (like in that jungle scenario) to Beelzebub's spawn? :augh:

MarcinBX wrote:Other units than Efraim and Lethalia can have Legacies also. Only Undeads don't have legacies.
Units with Legacy of Kings or Units with best legacy for them can be very powerful and they can help greatly.
I also just lost progress on Efraim's and Lethalia's legacies; I nearly would have discovered what they had... LoK is very helpful, combined with a book or two and capabilities like the CMs have it can make live much easier.

I believe I had ancient lichs with legacies?

I paid attention to getting my first two Elvish Gryphon Riders earlier in chapter I; first one just revealed his legacy: Titans! They can always use some extra punch, but regeneration fits perfect for their role of 'being out there' far from the troops; the extra resistances are also a nice bonus. I could afford to sink a Soul Hunter sword into the other one (for murderlust), hopefully his legacy will be useful too.

MarcinBX wrote:I am buying and losing as many units as i can because i try to find many units with highlander.

I think that best units in game are:
Duke
Prophet
Celestial Messenger
Ancient Lich
Faerie Incarnation
Elvish Seer
Elvish Assassin
Dwarfish Hero
Duelist Mage

the rest is only temporary in my army
I figured the Duke is more valuable then a Dragon Rider, so that's what Mario's gonna be. I like cav, guess I'll just make the DR a pet project for later in the campaign. I mean, what's cooler than riding a dragon? Whoohooo!

Don't know about Prophets. Charge don't work for me and else they have little to offer I think; if I have selfe-sustaining scouts and other healers I probably leave them behind. (I believe there is one story-related prophet I keep around.)

I love the CMs. ALs are cool zappers. FIs are great healers, ESs good casters. What about the Elvish Assassins? Maybe I'll make me one. I love DHs! Get them up to speed, give them good weapons and they're mean killing machines. And I assume you mean the Duelist Wizard? :P Two are usually in my core group no matter how small the core, and probably three as auxiliaries on the recall list.

Other than that, 'quick' is probably most important for me. Usually I have a pet Reaper and a pet Dark Shade. And sometimes I take a unit along to see how it turns out, like I now happen to have a loyal bowman. btw: any one here care for Connor or any of that fencer line stuff?
I have a cunning plan.
seangregorycarroll

Post by seangregorycarroll »

Is it possible to code 'Marksman' into the 'First Strike' ability?

Also, how does the code determine whether a bonus is a set number or a percentage? Example:
[effect]
apply_to=improve_bonus_attack
name=parry
increase_damage=10
increase_attacks=5
[/effect]

Another question: What does {QUANTITY damage 30 25 20} do in the code actually?
Last edited by Ravana on January 2nd, 2017, 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged triple post
The Roots of Violence: Wealth without work, Pleasure without conscience, Knowledge without character, Commerce without morality, Science without humanity, Worship without sacrifice, Politics without principles -Gandhi
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

seangregorycarroll wrote:Is it possible to code 'Marksman' into the 'First Strike' ability?
I don't understand the question.
seangregorycarroll wrote:Also, how does the code determine whether a bonus is a set number or a percentage? Example:
The apply_to=improve_bonus_attack line does not work normally, but my code recognises it and deals with it. It is always a percentage if it is improve_bonus_attack.
seangregorycarroll wrote:Another question: What does {QUANTITY damage 30 25 20} do in the code actually?
That the damage is increased by 30% on easy, by 25% on normal and by 20% on hard. Not sure from which item you copied it from, so I can't give more detail.
MarcinBX

Post by MarcinBX »

nuorc:
I also just lost progress on Efraim's and Lethalia's legacies
as long as they are liches they shouldn't have legacies.
I believe I had ancient lichs with legacies?
possible - unit must discover her legacy and learn necromancy from the book and then die.
I paid attention to getting my first two Elvish Gryphon Riders earlier in chapter I; first one just revealed his legacy: Titans! They can always use some extra punch, but regeneration fits perfect for their role of 'being out there' far from the troops; the extra resistances are also a nice bonus. I could afford to sink a Soul Hunter sword into the other one (for murderlust), hopefully his legacy will be useful too.
3 amlas = regeneration, +3 melee dmg and +8% physical res? nice
i was lucky and gave rharreahent sword before he advanced into gryphon rider and collected whole set. I am still not impressed.
I figured the Duke is more valuable then a Dragon Rider, so that's what Mario's gonna be
leadership 6 and furious charge(all units near duke deal and take 50% more melee damage) are great. First strike to all units near duke is also great. and that's without items.
right now combo of Duke and CM gives+185% bonus from Leadership. My Seer melee damage damage: normal 37-6, with combo 157-6.
Don't know about Prophets. Charge don't work for me and else they have little to offer I think; if I have selfe-sustaining scouts and other healers I probably leave them behind. (I believe there is one story-related prophet I keep around.)
Prophets have great AMLAs.
They have shield (+20% to resistances to neighboring units) and aura to reduce enemy physical resistances by 25%.
they can do almost anything. They can fight. They can heal. They can support Your units.
they also have many weapons:(sword, spear, staff and mace (if they advance from Mage of Light).
and this is the best unit to became ancient lich :D
And I assume you mean the Duelist Wizard?
yes. Duelist Wizard is great with book of Fireballs.
What about the Elvish Assassins?
many attacks with focused = very strong ranged. strong enough that they can use outcast bow and still hurt enemies.
5 attacks with backstab = good enough melee
plus my assassin have 13 speed and i didn't try to increase his speed.
any one here care for Connor or any of that fencer line stuff?
i think that they are good in early game but weaker in late game
Whiskeyjack

Post by Whiskeyjack »

nuorc wrote:btw: any one here care for Connor or any of that fencer line stuff?

like this?
Spoiler:
MarcinBX wrote:yes. Duelist Wizard is great with book of Fireballs.
Wasn't this exploit removed, like, 1,5 years earlier?
Under blood-red skies, an old man sits
In the ruins of Carthage - contemplating prophecy.
MarcinBX

Post by MarcinBX »

Whiskeyjack wrote:
MarcinBX wrote:yes. Duelist Wizard is great with book of Fireballs.
Wasn't this exploit removed, like, 1,5 years earlier?
first - Your second Connor looks impressive:)

It was better but it still works.
1st amla from book gives You fireball attack
duelist have fireball amla+3damage

earlier You would gain weak fireball attack like 9-3 and amla to upgrage fireballs by +1 attack and +1 dmg which also affected duelist's fireball + later 2 more additional attacks for explosive fireball
right now You gain stronger fireball from book (6-5) and You can easily add +1 attack thanks to new items.

old version was like super strong explosive fireball with 4 attacks. Right now explosive fireball has problem(like all AoE attacks)
actual version still gives quite strong incinerating fireball. My incinerating fireball is (6+4 highlander+4 legacy of exile+1better with magic amla+8*3 better with fireball amlas) 39-5 plus items
i still can buy 2 amlas +3 damage so at the end i will have 108-2 fireball and 74-6 fireball
Attachments
duelist.jpg
braknor

Post by braknor »

This may sound like a silly question but I have been reading that "AoE" attacks increase lethargy in this thread. What are "AoE" attacks? What does "AoE" stand for?
MarcinBX

Post by MarcinBX »

braknor wrote:This may sound like a silly question but I have been reading that "AoE" attacks increase lethargy in this thread. What are "AoE" attacks? What does "AoE" stand for?
Area of Effect
generally all attacks capable of hitting multiple enemies.
whirlwind = attack all enemies near You
explosive = enemies 1 hex away from target suffer part of damage, 2 hexes lesser part. If You have really big damage You will be able hurt even enemies 3 hexes from target.

there are more AoE attacks like for example: cleave, cone, hose
seangregorycarroll

Post by seangregorycarroll »

How is absorb different from drain?
The Roots of Violence: Wealth without work, Pleasure without conscience, Knowledge without character, Commerce without morality, Science without humanity, Worship without sacrifice, Politics without principles -Gandhi
MarcinBX

Post by MarcinBX »

seangregorycarroll wrote:How is absorb different from drain?
absorb(x) - when You are hit by enemy you will heal (X) hitpoints after damage will be dealt

drain - when You deal damage to enemy You will heal by half of this amount

power of leadership:
duealist with 99-2 fireball and Duke and Celestial Messenger(Legacy of Kings and Royal Diadem). I didn't bother to use convinction on enemy.
Attachments
wow.jpg
Ashes

Post by Ashes »

MarcinBX wrote: I think that best units in game are:
Duke
Prophet
Celestial Messenger
Ancient Lich
Faerie Incarnation
Elvish Seer
Elvish Assassin
Dwarfish Hero
Duelist Mage

the rest is only temporary in my army
I like the Champion a lot, because of parry.

I also have a very nice Swordmaster, with Fire Dragon Legacy and a few items, who has fire penetration 51, and 20-10 melee and 31-6 ranged attacks.

And the Warlock can be a deadly solo unit, I have one with a 19-8 Doombringer for sustain (suck 2, absorb 1) that can be offensive being a 28-8 fiery saber (with fire penetration 71), and a Fire Dragon Legacy giving a sustaining 36-7 ranged attack (with spell suck 3 and absorb 1). She used Fencer's Study to improve her melee skills.

In fact, I think that almost every unit can be very good, with the right legacies and books.
Whiskeyjack

Post by Whiskeyjack »

bug report: "greater infect" does not work as the description says -> a poisoned unit will turn into a zombie regardless of who kills the unit how.
Under blood-red skies, an old man sits
In the ruins of Carthage - contemplating prophecy.
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

pharmacy wrote:Does anyone have tips on how to deal with the corrupted elves on the Sightseeing scenario from chapter II?
and now suddenly there are multiple units that can one-shot my strongest characters.
Coming back to this as I've just been there:
LotI1-Sightseeing_replay.gz
(707.68 KiB) Downloaded 140 times
I've farmed The Army of Darkness for gems and spontaneously cleared out the Infinite Legion; that gave me some loot and a ton of XP! So my strongest characters were already AMLAing in this scenario.
Spoiler:
I have a cunning plan.
MarcinBX

Post by MarcinBX »

Ashes wrote: I like the Champion a lot, because of parry.

I also have a very nice Swordmaster, with Fire Dragon Legacy and a few items, who has fire penetration 51, and 20-10 melee and 31-6 ranged attacks.

And the Warlock can be a deadly solo unit, I have one with a 19-8 Doombringer for sustain (suck 2, absorb 1) that can be offensive being a 28-8 fiery saber (with fire penetration 71), and a Fire Dragon Legacy giving a sustaining 36-7 ranged attack (with spell suck 3 and absorb 1). She used Fencer's Study to improve her melee skills.

In fact, I think that almost every unit can be very good, with the right legacies and books.
I agree that any unit can be good. It is especially easy when unit can use Doombringer. :D
maybe i am a little biased because it is almost impossible for me to find Doombringers... i have 2 full sets of Kings but i am still looking for my Doombringer.

dwarfish hero has 50-8 blade, 53-4 impact, 34-6 ranged
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

@Dugi: Is there a way to not automatically recall specific units in chapter III?
Spoiler:
Edit:
Spoiler:
I have a cunning plan.