Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

ItsDaKoolaidDude

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by ItsDaKoolaidDude »

Dugi wrote:
ItsDaKoolaidDude wrote:Could we perhaps have a buff or a fix for explosive weapons for one attack specific units such as the Spearmen line (Which means Spearman to Scythemaster or the Heavy Infantry line (Heavy Infantry to Destroyer), since they only have one form of attack?
I don't understand what do you want. Spearmen and Heavy Infantrymen have no explosive weapons.
What I meant was the explosive items that are crafted/dropped. Sorry for not specifying.
You spent the entire game, going in circles! It's like the equivalent of Homer Simpson doing cartwheels on the kitchen floor, and you still won?! -Johnny (BSC)
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

braknor wrote:I am attaching a screenshot of a burning unit at the beginning of a round.
I was not asking you for evidence, just a verification if the default healing actually works. I do believe you, I don't need evidence. I will have a look at it.
nuorc wrote:In all cases?
In all cases with the current version of that scenario's algorithms.
ItsDaKoolaidDude wrote:What I meant was the explosive items that are crafted/dropped. Sorry for not specifying.
Well, I don't think that it's necessary to assure usefulness of all items on all units, but not long ago, it was discussed that the damage penalty of AoE could be replaced by vulnerability. Still debilitating, but not damaging its own usage.
braknor

Post by braknor »

I just encountered an issue in chapter 10. When Krux levels up he gets the option "faster with spectral blades". However, he does not have the spectral blade attack anymore. It also seems that Krux' and Vritra's previous advancements have been reset. Is that intentional?
Attachments
screenshot-spectralblades.png
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Can you please upload a save file where I can investigate it deeper. He is supposed to lose advancements, but I don't understand how could have have lost the spectral blades attack.
braknor

Post by braknor »

I am attaching the save of scenario "Fimbulwinter".
Attachments
LotI2-Fimbulwinter-Auto-Save1.tar.bz2
(719.67 KiB) Downloaded 217 times
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I will have a look at it.
ItsDaKoolaidDude

Dugi wrote:
ItsDaKoolaidDude wrote:Also can the LOTI era upgrading system extend to a recently made add-on called 5 Lords Default Unit Advancements?
I don't think there is an easy way to do it. It's certainly possible, but LotI isn't an era and although its features could be added via an era, it would clash with similar systems unless taken care of.
I'm a patient man until its confirmed too much effort or impossible without too many bugs and errors, besides I'd really love to crank a few advancements to the Decimator Trooper (Which is the added end line for Heavy Infantry, literally makes them a anti-Undead 3 hex moving tank by their own right, even though you can slap gear on them [Its absolutely and terrifyingly amazing what you can do with a Spiritual Presence'd and Taxes wearing tank like that with Forestburner])

.... Should've probably added the "unless its too OP to your taste"... I still recommend trying it out and looking what new units there are, in case you haven't.
You spent the entire game, going in circles! It's like the equivalent of Homer Simpson doing cartwheels on the kitchen floor, and you still won?! -Johnny (BSC)
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

ItsDaKoolaidDude wrote:I'm a patient man until its confirmed too much effort or impossible without too many bugs and errors, besides I'd really love to crank a few advancements to the Decimator Trooper (Which is the added end line for Heavy Infantry, literally makes them a anti-Undead 3 hex moving tank by their own right, even though you can slap gear on them [Its absolutely and terrifyingly amazing what you can do with a Spiritual Presence'd and Taxes wearing tank like that with Forestburner])
Advancements one level beyond the maximal level is a feature that would clash with the advancements one level beyond it in LotI. Probably, one of them would win and if LotI wins, you'll get no Decimation Trooper. Yes, it's always possible to work it around, but it would take a decent amount of time and I can't say that I am sufficiently attached to the idea to go for it.

There is something called LotI mod that adds LotI functionality as a MP mod (the author if probably Battlecruiser_Venca, IIRC). If you enable it, you might get the LotI functionality in combination with some other era. It might work, it might not. It should not be too hard to try.
HD-Berlin

Post by HD-Berlin »

Thank you for building this campain and still maintaining it!

I started this campain some days ago for the first time and like to post some questions and remarks, not having read all 400 pages in this thread. ;-)

(wesnoth 1.12.6, german translation, hard mode)

Just now i play the scenario, where death knight argan shows up. I do not think that my undead bats should be able to fly over lava to other side, because it can trigger events at the wrong time ("walk in a circle", summon giant spider)...

At scenario start, I can equip Efraim with items which were not used in last scenario or build from gems. Why he still has these items and gems as prisoner? The functions "check items of recruitable units" (i dont know the original name in english) and "put items back into invetory pool" can be used to equip Efraim with all powerful items...

This function has a bug: Units are still marked as armored in standard game recall list after items have taken away from it. And if you recall that "pure" unit into scenario, it has still has special attack values displayed...
Very confusing if you have got lots of units in recall list and want to reassign items to protect low level units for example...

At campaign start or at first scenarios, I was missing a hint on how many units you expect to use and level up as you can only recruit new ones in first scenarios... Better build 4-6 strong high level units and use all items found on them? Or spread items and xp to bring more than 30 units to level 2 and 3?
HD-Berlin

Post by HD-Berlin »

Another small bug in that level:
If I surround new enemy bat with my bats, trying to prevent that more bats were summoned, in next round a new enemy bat appears in the wall...
braknor

Post by braknor »

I have found a bug with one AMLA for Gumbrul. In one screenshot you can see that Gumbrul has an attack of 15-4 with the sword.
In the other screenshot you can see, that he gets the AMLA option "Faster with sword". When this AMLA gets chosen, however, he only gets the "horrid" trade for the sword.
Attachments
Screenshot-faster-is-horrid.png
Screenshot-faster-with-sword-option.png
ItsDaKoolaidDude

HD-Berlin wrote:Another small bug in that level:
If I surround new enemy bat with my bats, trying to prevent that more bats were summoned, in next round a new enemy bat appears in the wall...
I wouldn't first consider it a bug, since its repeatable in other campaigns that have that summoning event. More or less, I believe it lies within the codes of the game itself instead of LotI.
Battlecruiser_Venca

Post by Battlecruiser_Venca »

Sent a PR on github to fix the AI on 1.13.x series
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

HD-Berlin wrote:Better build 4-6 strong high level units and use all items found on them? Or spread items and xp to bring more than 30 units to level 2 and 3?
Until someone more knowledgeable answers, here's my take on it: feel the answer!

I guess you'll get a feeling how many units you need to win a scenario; I think around ~18 units is what I usually field. Sometimes I just have to go with the units I have, but when I get another one I like better I might ditch an old one; or I AMLA a new unit to see if it has a legacy I like better.
Spoiler:
Battlecruiser_Venca wrote:Sent a PR on github to fix the AI on 1.13.x series
When I tried LotI in 1.13.6 I couldn't even open the 'Items' in the context menu. So I considered it unplayable before I ever even saw the AI in action. ;)
I have a cunning plan.
Ashes

Post by Ashes »

Dugi wrote:There's been a suggestion to make demon traits constant for each area and let the player know it ahead somehow. I could make their traits constant (or maybe only 2 of them would be better), but I have no idea how to let the player know it ahead.
The name of the scenario could be the information for the player.
You would need to change a few names, but "Tainted shored" could have demons that spread diseases, or "Chambers of Oblivion" demons that makes units loose XP (and possibly AMLAs).