Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 241

arobinson

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by arobinson »

Dugi wrote:
arobinson wrote:...
Perhaps anything that adds darkens removes illumination and anything that adds illumination removes any darkens abilities?
I see there a little problem that giving darkening to a (usually lawful) unit with illumination is usually a bit nonsensical. Your case is quite unique because the item already has the change of alignment.
Ah yes agreed. Perhaps just the one unit, unless other items change the alignment as well, but I'm not aware of any off the top of my head.
Running Wesnoth 1.12.4 on Mac OSX 10.10
Campaigns:
shadow12

Post by shadow12 »

Hi Dugi, I have made it to Chapter 9, and I am enjoying the game very much!!! :D :D :D

Would you help me with a couple of questions? In the first part of Chapter 9, Two seals have been found and one seal left to go, but... the path NE is "blocked by magic" at two different locations. This is approx. the route I took:
Spoiler:
Another question: Should I give the Tome of Bards II book to the unit who read vol 1?

:) :) :) Thanks!!! :) :) :)
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

arobinson wrote:Ah yes agreed. Perhaps just the one unit, unless other items change the alignment as well, but I'm not aware of any off the top of my head.
Any more opinions?
shadow12 wrote:Two seals have been found and one seal left to go, but... the path NE is "blocked by magic" at two different locations.
North is blocked, you have to go a bit south and reach the other side of the area through the central parts. Go through River Styx. See the image in spoiler.
Spoiler:
shadow12 wrote:Another question: Should I give the Tome of Bards II book to the unit who read vol 1?
I don't think there is an advantage to have both on the same unit.
arobinson

Post by arobinson »

shadow12 wrote:Hi Dugi, I have made it to Chapter 9, and I am enjoying the game very much!!! :D :D :D

Would you help me with a couple of questions? In the first part of Chapter 9, Two seals have been found and one seal left to go, but... the path NE is "blocked by magic" at two different locations. This is approx. the route I took:
Spoiler:
Another question: Should I give the Tome of Bards II book to the unit who read vol 1?

:) :) :) Thanks!!! :) :) :)
Sounds like you have not killed all of the seal guardians yet. It looks like Tome of Bards I and II should not be given to the same unit, they would add duplicate advancements that I don't think stack.
Running Wesnoth 1.12.4 on Mac OSX 10.10
Campaigns:
shadow12

Post by shadow12 »

Dugi wrote: North is blocked, you have to go a bit south and reach the other side of the area through the central parts. Go through River Styx. See the image in spoiler.
shadow12 wrote:Another question: Should I give the Tome of Bards II book to the unit who read vol 1?
I don't think there is an advantage to have both on the same unit.
Thank you for the helpful info, directions and map!

Btw, I really enjoy the dialog and banter between Lethalia and Efraim. Curious to see where their relationship goes and what will be the fallout from Lethalia's little "secret."

And I have my suspicions about mysterious Uria . . . :hmm:

:) :) :)
shadow12

Post by shadow12 »

arobinson wrote: Sounds like you have not killed all of the seal guardians yet. It looks like Tome of Bards I and II should not be given to the same unit, they would add duplicate advancements that I don't think stack.
Thanks Robinson and Dugi for the helpful info, glad I asked so as not too waste a good book. :D

Went ahead and gave Vol II to the Blackguard, to give a little boost to his Chaotic buddies.
And weeding out some some big green plants and mushrooms will get him advanced in no time!

:)
Sometimes life unexpectedly throws a Troll or a nasty Queen Naga in your path.
caoraivoso3

Post by caoraivoso3 »

well i do not know if it is a bug but on the chapter with the dragons, i think it is the third i do not had any leader attaking me.
it is normal?

edit reporting something i do not know if it is right:
on chapter 5 the chapter with mass sumoning and the third sun, the images of the weather(sun,night,dawn) is still with just one sun instead of two.
it is itentional?
shadow12

Post by shadow12 »

So I'm at the end of Chapt 9 and having fun advancing some more units and trying out different gear just for kicks. :)
Something I am curious about: why does this one Champion Bowman have brown colored damage numbers, even when I removed all gear and he has some moves left? He is the only one I noticed doing this. So I tried different gear, seems that only gear that sets his alignment to "chaotic" changed it back to green. What do the brown numbers and green numbers mean here?

One more question, this is probably in the spoiler category:
Spoiler:
1. No gear, Damage shows brown
1. No gear, Damage shows brown
2. Numbers change to green when he is Chaotic
2. Numbers change to green when he is Chaotic
3. Unit Info
3. Unit Info
Thanks again!!! :) :) :)
Sometimes life unexpectedly throws a Troll or a nasty Queen Naga in your path.
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

it's actually a mainline thing, units with an alignment that is favorable for them in this time have green damage numbers (to indicate that they have bonus damage) and brown number means that the unit's damage is decreased. basically, the champion bowman is lawful (so he has brown numbers) and changing him to chaotic makes his damage increase because of the very same underground time
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
My inactive add-ons (1.12): Tale of Alan, The Golden Age
Co-creator of Era of Magic
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

caoraivoso3 wrote:well i do not know if it is a bug but on the chapter with the dragons, i think it is the third i do not had any leader attaking me.
it is normal?
Sorry for forgetting about you. You are very unspecific, it should not happen if I am getting it right, but you're giving me way too little information.
caoraivoso3 wrote:edit reporting something i do not know if it is right:
on chapter 5 the chapter with mass sumoning and the third sun, the images of the weather(sun,night,dawn) is still with just one sun instead of two.
That's deliberate, the story in UtBS told that the second sun was originally created to take away a part of the night (after being unmaintained, it changed), so they were on the sky at different times.
shadow12 wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
EDIT: The statement in the spoiler is wrong, I've misread the question. Thanks Whiskeyjack for pointing that out.
Last edited by Dugi on September 9th, 2016, 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whiskeyjack

Post by Whiskeyjack »

Dugi wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Under blood-red skies, an old man sits
In the ruins of Carthage - contemplating prophecy.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Whiskeyjack wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Naron

Post by Naron »

I would like for a feature to be possibly added: the possibility to use the inventory (e.g., equipping/unequipping) while standing on a village, any village should do. I want this because it takes too much to find a castle and in addition it would make the game-play more dynamic.
And I would like to know if it's possible to disable the annoying message "Enemy unit sighted!" that appears every time my selected unit see an enemy and it stops. It just annoying as hell because I'm playing on Android and there is no t key to press to continue and I have to repeatedly move my unit to the desired position.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Naron wrote:I would like for a feature to be possibly added: the possibility to use the inventory (e.g., equipping/unequipping) while standing on a village, any village should do. I want this because it takes too much to find a castle and in addition it would make the game-play more dynamic.
Implementing it would be easy, but there is a reason why it's not implemented. I don't want to allow a lot of inventory manipulation, because it would lead to transporting items from one unoccupied squad to another squad that is in the heat of battle. It used to be disallowed also on keeps after turn 2, but I was persuaded that keeps are rare enough.
Naron wrote:And I would like to know if it's possible to disable the annoying message "Enemy unit sighted!" that appears every time my selected unit see an enemy and it stops. It just annoying as hell because I'm playing on Android and there is no t key to press to continue and I have to repeatedly move my unit to the desired position.
No way I know of, I am annoyed by that too. I might ask the devs to allow me to disable that thing.
Juuzou

Post by Juuzou »

Dugi wrote:
Naron wrote:And I would like to know if it's possible to disable the annoying message "Enemy unit sighted!" that appears every time my selected unit see an enemy and it stops. It just annoying as hell because I'm playing on Android and there is no t key to press to continue and I have to repeatedly move my unit to the desired position.
No way I know of, I am annoyed by that too. I might ask the devs to allow me to disable that thing.
I play on android too - its really annoying. We may could ask the developer/porter of the Android version to add another on-screen button that emulates a "t"-keystroke?
The same way the on-screen buttons like "end turn", "undo move", etc. work?
Spoiler: