Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

ItsDaKoolaidDude

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by ItsDaKoolaidDude »

In one way that was how I was suggesting, Dugi & Forest. Mostly I was looking at something similar (but not a major) look from the Phantom. Although I do like the edit you made Dugi.
You spent the entire game, going in circles! It's like the equivalent of Homer Simpson doing cartwheels on the kitchen floor, and you still won?! -Johnny (BSC)
kmpapples45

Post by kmpapples45 »

Hi Dugi,

So I've been playing with a new unit (using legacy of free & the book of wicked spells), and found that the abilities that come from this when attacking with the ranged attacks, don't seem to apply the effects of trickery, doom, and mayhem on the parry attacks. Is this supposed to happen? Was really looking forward to making this guy.

I did try looking for the section outlining the code for parry, but only found the dummy description in the abilities section of the addon. I'm pretty new to the modding side of Wesnoth, and was wondering where the code for the ability is. Oh, my current version is wesnoth 1.12.5 & campaign version 3.1.21c.

The last question I would have is if there is a newer forum, or if this is the main forum for this campaign. many thanks :shock: .
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Dugi wrote:There is some unresolved business about item drops and there are currently no higher level units for Ancient Wose, Merman Hunter and MermanWarrior. These issues are blocking me from making the era.
oh, and you also forgot drakes too, well, you can use Titanium drake from Mwc2 (Modified world Conquest 2) as lvl5 for armageddon and drake lord from Bw (Brawe wings) as lvl4 for flameheart
kmpapples45 wrote:The last question I would have is if there is a newer forum, or if this is the main forum for this campaign. many thanks :shock: .
well, Dugi is active here, that means it's the main forum
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
My inactive add-ons (1.12): Tale of Alan, The Golden Age
Co-creator of Era of Magic
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

kmpapples45 wrote:So I've been playing with a new unit (using legacy of free & the book of wicked spells), and found that the abilities that come from this when attacking with the ranged attacks, don't seem to apply the effects of trickery, doom, and mayhem on the parry attacks. Is this supposed to happen? Was really looking forward to making this guy.
Can you be more specific? Some combinations don't work, mostly deliberately.
kmpapples45 wrote:I did try looking for the section outlining the code for parry, but only found the dummy description in the abilities section of the addon
Look into the abilities_events.cfg file, it's there.
ForestDragon wrote:oh, and you also forgot drakes too, well, you can use Titanium drake from Mwc2 (Modified world Conquest 2) as lvl5 for armageddon and drake lord from Bw (Brawe wings) as lvl4 for flameheart
It's better to simply ignore the whole faction, as none of it is available in LotI. Few players like the Drakes anyway.
kmpapples45

Post by kmpapples45 »

It was a swordmaster with legacy of the free. took a tome of wicked spells, and advanced entirely in the wicked spells enhancements (trickery->doom->mayhem->revenant plague-> trickery & doom & mayhem) then leveled up the Legacy of the Free for the parry on ranged weapons. immediately attacked with the trickery ranged attack, and found that the damage goes through on the parry, but not the effects of trickery, doom, or mayhem. The rest of the attack acts normally.
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

kmpapples45 wrote:It was a swordmaster with legacy of the free. took a tome of wicked spells, and advanced entirely in the wicked spells enhancements (trickery->doom->mayhem->revenant plague-> trickery & doom & mayhem) then leveled up the Legacy of the Free for the parry on ranged weapons. immediately attacked with the trickery ranged attack, and found that the damage goes through on the parry, but not the effects of trickery, doom, or mayhem. The rest of the attack acts normally.
maybe the support of effects like that for parry isn't implemented yet?
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
My inactive add-ons (1.12): Tale of Alan, The Golden Age
Co-creator of Era of Magic
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Trickery, doom, mayhem, plague and some other weapon specials do not trigger when not used directly or the target isn't the primary target. Otherwise it would be OP.
Firecast ability is an exception to that rule.
ForestDragon wrote:maybe the support of effects like that for parry isn't implemented yet?
I know how to implement that but I chose not to do so.
kmpapples45

Post by kmpapples45 »

Trickery, doom, mayhem, plague and some other weapon specials do not trigger when not used directly or the target isn't the primary target. Otherwise it would be OP.
Firecast ability is an exception to that rule.
Okay, that makes sense. Thanks for the clarification!
Crazy_Kingcaillou

Post by Crazy_Kingcaillou »

Hello, I have been playing loti for quite a while, and I am now at chapter nine, facing the demon queens avatar that heals 2x the damage you inflict. I used cleave and storm attacks to indirectly harm her. Is there another way of doing it? BTW, loti is my favorite camapaign.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Crazy_Kingcaillou wrote:Hello, I have been playing loti for quite a while, and I am now at chapter nine, facing the demon queens avatar that heals 2x the damage you inflict. I used cleave and storm attacks to indirectly harm her. Is there another way of doing it?
Yes.
Read this only if you have this problem, it contains spoilers:
Crazy_Kingcaillou wrote:BTW, loti is my favorite camapaign.
^_^
nachkar

Post by nachkar »

Hello there, it's been a while
Downloaded latest SVNbuild from github for a new C6-10 playtrough

I'll start with a small question I don't remember reading any info on : what are the priority rules for damage conversion? I.E. If I use a ring converting damage to blade and a sword converting damage to fire, what would the initially piercing-damage arrows and blade-damage swords become?

Also, noticed a bug with the item set "legacy of kings" + "legion slayer"
So here's the bug : legion slayer(cloak) gives +2 movement points if I have legacy of kings... at all.
If the legacy of kings armor is lying in my stash, I still get the bonus.
And it goes beyond the stash : Ive gotten the full set and equipped on a unit (working as intended), then I found a second legion slayer and upon testing, putting it on another unit it also gained the +2 movement from the set bonus.
TL;DR : Bug with Legion Slayer(cloak) giving it's set bonus even if the required synergy item is either in stash or on another unit
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

There are no priority rules for damage conversion, it simply depends on the order of being equipped - last equipped counts. Advancements and set bonuses are before items, set bonuses are after advancements.

Legion Slayer's set bonus required Legion Slayer instead of Hunter of Kings, which caused the set bonus to be always on, even if you possessed no Hunter of Kings.

I have updated the git version with the fix.
rebhuhn

Post by rebhuhn »

Is there an order to apply number of attack bonuses? I have a unit with 3 attacks. I built him a warheart to get to 4 attacks (worked fine), then gave him the Tormentor of Light mace, which grants 25% more attacks along with damage bonuses. The unit gets the damage bonuses, but stays at 4 attacks instead of increasing to 5 as I expected? Doesn't make any difference what order I equip the unit with the items.
Delicius169

Post by Delicius169 »

Bonus for attacks (as for damage, i guess) is counted from base strikes, damage.
Ashes

Post by Ashes »

Hello.
The ability "from the ashes" does not work, because the event "from the ashes" is fired with "if" set to the unit id, instead of "id".
Additionaly, it might be nice to show the value of "from_the_ashes_cooldown" in the "Unit information" screen, maybe by modifying "list_one_ability" in "unit_information_part_3".
Thanks!