Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

Dugi

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Dugi »

@CitizenPain6
The weapons' upgrade unlocks a lot of options at once. I have added a note to the initial post that it should better be avoided. Thanks for the info.

@dabber
Okay, then.

Old stuff:
@ZIM
Zim wrote:Here, use a healing potion on my Protector surrounded by demons.
I could not replicate it, but it looks like a problem related to the bugged weapon special that adds some damage (it glitches when the extra damage causes an advancement). I have spent a lot of effort trying to investigate that, but so far with no avail.
Zim wrote:Efraim's fury upgrades have the Blade damage type even when equipped with the Stormrend, which makes his regular attack Lightning. Not sure if this is intentional or not.
Intentional.
Delicius169 wrote:I had a problem with my dwarfish protector carriing helldrake and intoxicator shoes. It didnot given him slow. When I cahnged weapon, it was fine.
It was not able to replicate it. I made a Dwarvish Protector, gave him Intoxicator boots and Hellrake and his attacks had poison twice and slow.
ZIM

Post by ZIM »

I want to report a error message,but I dont know how to attach image file...
And,it seems that having Loti installed make the semi dry grass and regular cave wall to disappear and savannah terrain unusable at map editor.
Btw,I'm using Loti version 3.1.15 and Bfw 1.12.2.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Yes. You're right. It was there for very long. Even I was troubled by it, but still I did not realise that it was because of my fault. Anyway, I have found the cause and fixed it. The changes have been uploaded to the server as version 3.1.17.

3.1.17 changelog:
Added 5 new items
Made the Nightmare Cellar scenario less generic
Made the Pandemonium scenario's landscape weirder
The default rainforests are used, removed their copy from the images/terrain/forest folder, reducing the add-on's size (by 1.5 MiB)
Fixed a bug making some terrains unusable in editor
Vagnard

Post by Vagnard »

Hi, quick question.
Does LotI use the custom music from the UMC music books in any way?
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Nope.

If you would like it to use them, send me a structured machine-readable list of suggestions for every scenario, I could add them as optional dependency (they would replace the defaults if installed).
ZIM

Post by ZIM »

Dugi,
After installing the new version Loti on BfW 1.13.1,I having a strange bug.
Some of units that I and my enemy recruited when I played multiplayer became strange,
1 Troll that my enemy recruited became more darker and the club became arcane with drain weapon special.
1 Goblin Spearman that my enemy recruited became more transparent and have regenerates 32.
1 Goblin Rouser that my enemy recruited became more "blazing" like burning soul but without the flame and have temptaion ability.
And 1 Bowman that I recruited became more transparent and his resistance became like this:Arcane 60%,Fire 0%,Cold 0%,Pierce 40%,Blade 0%,Impact 40%.

And when I played at Bfw 1.12.2,every turn,there's a error message popped every turn:
<Lua error> game_error: creating unit with empty type field
stack traceback:
: in function 'cmd'
...am/Battle for Wesnoth 1.12.2\data\lua/wml-tags.lua:320: in function <...am/Battle for Wesnoth 1.12.2\data\lua/wml-tags.lua:284>
And,after that,there are no demons that spawned every turn like usual...
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

The strange units are intentional. I have added it to increase the difficulty on normal and hard. Some recruited enemies have some upgrades and a slightly different colour to warn you about it.

Can you tell me in which scenario did that lua error appeared? Errors like that are badly worded error messages caused by typos in unit types in recruit lists.
Stony

Post by Stony »

Hey Dugi,

I have just started to play your campaign and it has been awesome.

I did find one issue that I wanted to bounce off you. In playing this game I am at the point where Efraim has turned into a Lich and has the ability to gain a new ability for killing a certain number of opponents. I have finally killed the first 45 units and when I select the skill(any skill, it doesn't matter) they do not show up on Efraim. Is there a way to fix this.

I am on version 1.12.4 on the map "Long way home"

Thanks,

Stony
Richard

Post by Richard »

You need to level up Efraim and then you have the new ability you selected from the soul feeder advancement avaliable
firefox

Post by firefox »

the new abilities learned by this are added to the list of AMLA advancements.
just like when you let your unit read a book. (but the Heroes shouldn't read books, they have their own special method to learn new things.)
may the source be with you
=(^.^)= nyan~
Stony

Post by Stony »

Thank you. I was worried and stopped playing but will continue on.

Even though I have only played a few levels I really have enjoyed this campaign so far.
ZIM

Post by ZIM »

The error happen at every scenario at chapter 9 (apparently) because after I finish the scenario Sepulcher of Nefarious,I see the same error message at Gathering Alcove.
And if I finish the all scenario at chapter 9 that I have played,the Battle for Wesnoth 1.12.2 suddenly closes.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Thank you guys for replying to others.
ZIM wrote:The error happen at every scenario at chapter 9 (apparently) because after I finish the scenario Sepulcher of Nefarious,I see the same error message at Gathering Alcove.
Can you please turn on the debug mode and write show_var demons_killed and tell me what it replies?
Alternatively, can you upload a save file where it happens?

The game should not suddenly close for no apparent reason. A save file and some info about OS you are using should help a bit.

Post by ZIM »

It says "66".
Oh,and I made a mistake,
I did get the error message at BfW 1.12.2,but the Wesnoth crash when I finish the level at Bfw 1.13.1.
I'm using Windows 7.
Attachments
LotI2-Sepulcher_of_the_Nefa..._Turn_28.gz
Here is it,finish the level by moving the Scythemaster to Passage of Detriment or moving Lilith to Gathering Alcove
(1.43 MiB) Downloaded 137 times
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I haven't seen anything unusual on 1.12 using that save file. Demons come out from those portals scarcely if you have killed all leaders in that area (even if you return there).