Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

Cart84

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Cart84 »

Dugi wrote:@dabber
@Cart84
After a levelup, the effects of potions should vanish, but it should not remove effects of other items. Can you please attach a save file where it can be replicated?
Here, use a healing potion on my Protector surrounded by demons.

EDIT: Efraim's fury upgrades have the Blade damage type even when equipped with the Stormrend, which makes his regular attack Lightning. Not sure if this is intentional or not.
Attachments
LotI2-Ruins_of_Wesnoth_Turn_16.gz
Remove slow bug
(883.44 KiB) Downloaded 126 times
Delicius169

Post by Delicius169 »

I had a problem with my dwarfish protector carriing helldrake and intoxicator shoes. It didnot given him slow. When I cahnged weapon, it was fine.
But another dwarfish protector with helldrake spear and intoxicator had no problem. So I didnt care about it anymore. And of course I dont have save anymore.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

@Cart84
Thanks. Investigation shall be done.

@Delicius169
That item is named hellrake, not helldrake. This is a rake. All of these items don't seem to have anything special about them, but both issues related to intoxicator is a bit suspicious.
Xellos

Post by Xellos »

I found a problem with Vitra AMLA penetrate enemy resistance.
AMLA description "decreasing enemies' arcane resistance by 8% and fire resistance by 12%", you need faerie1 and fearie2 to unlock this.
Vitra after this AMLA didnt had Fire Resistance Penetration, only Arcane Penetration.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Fixed.
ZIM

Post by ZIM »

I got an idea about purfying undead demon,how about the demon from purifying undead demon became rebel demon?(I mean that the demon become our ally,not our unit)
Delicius169

Post by Delicius169 »

No, I dont think thats the way, purify should work. And its not really useful, and I dont like if any ally units steal my kills. (I am like one Demon lord, am I not?)
Dugi: You make me improve my english! I am lazy to remember names and words corectly, or check dictionary. :-)
And little note, is it intentional, that plague-like abilities work on Black souls?
I found it weird, that I can change soul into the souless. (But this soul has body, and is it undead? )
Xellos

Post by Xellos »

I have problem with Jungle hell.
My units take double gold from chests. I had double message about gold and double gold gain.
Left top part of the map. Pick unit (Swordmaster) and move him to chest.
Attachments
LotI2-Jungle_Hell-Auto-Save9.gz
(816.48 KiB) Downloaded 132 times
Sire

Post by Sire »

I finally managed to finish Legend of the Invincibles, Part One. I had a very old save file, but decided to start all over again to experience the changes. Overall, it is very fun! The biggest draw is the inventory system and the custom AMLAs. I managed to finally finish a full set (Rherraent's) for my Swordmaster, but I didn't deploy him in the final battle due to his lawful nature. I also managed to cheap shot the final boss on Turn 2 (after disabling the amplifiers) with Meteor, using Lethalia and a bunch of Greater Healing Potions I had in reserve.

A part of me hopes to use my friends in Part Two, but I have a feeling that is not going to happen...

As for feedback, I didn't find myself using much in terms of the Legacies. I did have one unit (Dwarvish Hero) get Ice Form and ended up using that, but otherwise, I found myself sticking to the more traditional advancements instead of gambling on what legacy I will obtain. I did enjoy some of the books (ended up with an awesome "Fencing Reaper"), but I guess I had more of a reason to actually use them. Perhaps I just liked the default advancements or didn't end up with any cool combos.

Also, I found myself getting a lot of Spear weaponry that I could not really use. The only two units off the top of my head that are somewhat available to wield them are the Chocobones and the Horseman unit line. I was hoping that the Spearman -> Pikeman line could use them, but they use polearms instead of spears. Of course, this may be more of a gameplay style choice as I did not spam these units or even managed to level one up, even though I tried to get a leveled unit from each upgrade line.

Anyways, late into the campaign, I decided to start actually documenting some of the bugs I encountered, just in case if they have not been fixed yet. Most of them are just minor issues, mainly with missing images.
Bug Report:
Overall, I loved part one and look forward to playing part two. Thank you for creating this wonderful campaign.
Current Projects: [Sire's Scenarios] || [Red Winter Reborn]
Whiskeyjack

Post by Whiskeyjack »

@Sire: In part two you start anew with units as well as heroes. IIRC there is nothing (experience, recalls, items, gems) that gets transeferred between the two parts.
Under blood-red skies, an old man sits
In the ruins of Carthage - contemplating prophecy.
Ashes

Post by Ashes »

No unit or equipment is transferred, but there is something persistent across both parts: some encounters made, which may allow to get answers at the end of chapter 9. These are linked to the user account and not to the save files.
ComicCoala

Post by ComicCoala »

Hey there , i just wanted to say that i love your campaign and , What do you think would happen if Efraim were to eat lethalia's soul? (just a possibility)
ZIM

Post by ZIM »

@Sire
Dungeon...,you mean the one at chapter 5,when we about to fight Akula?
I read in the scenarios,maybe there is a way to control the undeads at scenario Amplificator 4.
Also,there also other unit that use spear like dwarvish guardsman line and javelineer&pilum master

Can someone please tell me what is polearm really mean?I didn't get any meaning from trying to translate it to my languange
Sire

Post by Sire »

Thanks for all the responses. I am now on my way playing Part Two.

Funnily enough, I almost managed to complete the full Rherraent set (again) for my planned Swordmaster, just needing the sword to complete it for him. Also, it seems my Efraim is almost at the power level he was previously during the end of Part One, mostly due to the "Across the Barren Land" chapter. I had all of my units clumped together on the left side of the map while Efraim soloed everything on the right. My units got their fair share of EXP, but of course, Efraim was the shining star.
Comparison:
I also know about the secrets that lead up the the special encounter. So far, I think I've gotten them all so far (showing up as 5 secrets when I check the file).

@ Zim

"A pole weapon or polearm is a close combat weapon in which the main fighting part of the weapon is fitted to the end of a long shaft, typically of wood, thereby extending the user's effective range." - Wikipedia

In terms of LotI, I believe Pikemen, Halberdiers, Scythemasters, and Exterminators use polearms. There may be other units, but those are what I remember.
Current Projects: [Sire's Scenarios] || [Red Winter Reborn]
firefox

Post by firefox »

"A pole weapon or polearm is a close combat weapon in which the main fighting part of the weapon is fitted to the end of a long shaft, typically of wood, thereby extending the user's effective range." - Wikipedia
as a more literal translation:

"pole" is a focused point, like a magnetic pole (or the north pole).
"arm" means weapon.
so it's a weapon with a focused point.
a sword consists mostly of the blade and all of it can be used for attacking.
a scythe has only 1 blade at one end of a long staff, so only one point/side of it can be used to attack.

maces, hammers and morning stars could also be considered polearms, but they are rather small in comparison to scythes and halberds, so they are a different class. (just like the difference between swords and daggers)
may the source be with you
=(^.^)= nyan~