Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

ZIM

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by ZIM »

About Abaddon,yes.I have see him died from that combination.
And I have an idea,because Serendipity says that "No one knows what he'll learn from it.",how about that unit read Serendipity gets random AMLA that suitable for the unit that read it.

And why Anarchy only give bonus to lawful unit?

(The truth is,I can know what legacy my unit will get from reading the save files.)
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

About Abaddon,yes.I have see him died from that combination.
Can you please upload a save file where Abaddon is attacked with such a weapon? The ability to replicate the feat itself is not necessary.
And I have an idea,because Serendipity says that "No one knows what he'll learn from it.",how about that unit read Serendipity gets random AMLA that suitable for the unit that read it.
It is not random, there are just a some not related advancements.
And why Anarchy only give bonus to lawful unit?
The weapon special is meant to deal extra damage to lawful units. It's not necessary for the user to be lawful.
(The truth is,I can know what legacy my unit will get from reading the save files.)
The information must be stored somewhere or it would be possible to adjust by save scumming. Should I obfuscate it or what?
dabber

Post by dabber »

Dugi wrote:
The information must be stored somewhere or it would be possible to adjust by save scumming. Should I obfuscate it or what?
Not worth the effort. Anything you do to obfuscate it could still be decoded by digging through the WML source. And really if I want to hack a saved game for my own enjoyment, that shouldn't be precluded. The scenarios files of Wesnoth are easily hacked by design intent, so there is no point in making save files harder.

On the AI, to my knowledge, no leader will move to attack any one of my main units, even alone. Even if I send one of my Celestial Messengers (primarily buffing units, and clearly worse in combat. Normally the pair of them never separate) alone next to a keep, with everyone else a full move away, the leader won't move one hex to attack.
Gindara

Post by Gindara »

Hi! I just started playing about a week ago, and I really like it. But I think I have come across two significant bugs.

First, in chapter 2(Servants of Lilith), the second map (Gods), when I was going south, the bandit camp I met, I didn't have any dialogue pop up (the necromancer in the swamp had his work), until after I wiped out his camp, and then my side had a one sided conversation where I only saw their dialogue, but it looked like they were supposed to talk with the bandits/town of Aloth.

Second, I'm on the Army of Darkness level now, and it immediately ends after turn 1. I guess no enemy leaders have spawned, so I don't have to kill anyone? Seems like a bug.

Thanks!
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Regarding Army of Darkness, just load the save file again and it should work (this bug is like ages old and doesnt exist in only this campaign but others too xD)
ZIM

Post by ZIM »

Sorry for the late report... :(
1.Here is the savefile:

I played at Loti version 3.1.15 and Bfw version 1.12.2

(And, can you give me advice regarding my savefiles ?^_^ )

2.I mean,why only unit with lawful allignment that get the bonus,why neutral and chaotic don't?

And,I don't cheat while playing Loti.

I got an idea,how about the demon from purifying undead demon became rebel demon?(I mean that the demon become our ally,not our unit)
Attachments
LotI2-Verminous_Sewers_Turn_7.gz
Attack Abaddon with the Shadowalker,and wait until he dies from the effect.
(1.8 MiB) Downloaded 123 times
Chewan

Post by Chewan »

@ Gindara 30 Sep 2015 – 2/02Gods
I experienced the same situation:
I was going south, the bandit camp I met, I didn't have any dialog pop up
There's no warning about the bandits, according to Dugi commander Harry has more pressing issues than the bandits and they are not going to destroy the town because it would reduce their income. :D
it looked like they were supposed to talk with the bandits/town of Aloth.
The team has to defeat the outlaws and get to a certain hex to lift the shroud and meet = see Harry.
As long as he is shrouded, Lethalia and Efraim will say their part of the dialog, while Harry's explanations are skipped.
(It took me 3 replays to make the complete conversation visible.)
Spoiler:
Xellos

Post by Xellos »

Hi,
i have one question.
I used Book of Fireballs on my Duelist mage.
I leveled up and have 2 options:
faster fireballs (+1 attack )
more explosive fireballs (+1 attack AND explosive) and i can buy this more than 1 time
is this intended?
firefox

Post by firefox »

Xellos wrote:Hi,
i have one question.
I used Book of Fireballs on my Duelist mage.
I leveled up and have 2 options:
faster fireballs (+1 attack )
more explosive fireballs (+1 attack AND explosive) and i can buy this more than 1 time
is this intended?
the duelist mage has fireballs by default. the book of fireballs, does upgrade the existing attack ,but adds a new one.
so 1 AMLA is the mage's own one and the other is the one gained from the book.

being able to select the explosive AMLA twice might be because the duelist mage has that as well, so you get the book's and his own AMLA.
if "more than 1 time" means 3 or more, it is probably a bug.
but weapon specials and abilities are only applied once, so even if you get 2x explosive special, the explosive damage will stay the same.
may the source be with you
=(^.^)= nyan~
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

So, to what was not resolved yet.
dabber wrote:Not worth the effort. Anything you do to obfuscate it could still be decoded by digging through the WML source. And really if I want to hack a saved game for my own enjoyment, that shouldn't be precluded. The scenarios files of Wesnoth are easily hacked by design intent, so there is no point in making save files harder.
Well, if it was obfuscated enough, you would lose interest too early. But I agree with you that obfuscating it is meaningless.
dabber wrote:On the AI, to my knowledge, no leader will move to attack any one of my main units, even alone.
Can you upload a save file where it can be seen well and for sure so that I could replicate it?
Gindara wrote:First, in chapter 2(Servants of Lilith), the second map (Gods), when I was going south, the bandit camp I met, I didn't have any dialogue pop up (the necromancer in the swamp had his work), until after I wiped out his camp, and then my side had a one sided conversation where I only saw their dialogue, but it looked like they were supposed to talk with the bandits/town of Aloth.
I think that it might be caused by the bandits having killed someone who was supposed to talk. It should happen no more on the latest version and the short lived version before, because the cause that let the bandits attack them was removed (big thanks to mattsc, the AI genius).
ZIM wrote:1.Here is the savefile:
I found the cause. A forgotten variable call prefix, quite a usual error for those who use most other programming languages too often. Will be okay from the next version.

Sorry for my preoccupation with other stuff and many thanks to those who replied to others.
dabber

Post by dabber »

Dugi wrote:
dabber wrote:On the AI, to my knowledge, no leader will move to attack any one of my main units, even alone.
Can you upload a save file where it can be seen well and for sure so that I could replicate it?
Attached. On the east side, one Celestial Messenger is left alone within range of a Demon Leader. Even better, his attacks are fire, which is her worst resistance, and he is hugely resistant to her damage.
Attachments
vulnerableBridget.gz
(1.81 MiB) Downloaded 132 times
Delicius169

Post by Delicius169 »

I have feeling that AI- Wraths and dark shades,... do not use backstab attack even if they can. I thought that each unit counts from which position it s the best to attack on a unit, and backstab attack is always better then normal so...
Attachments
LotI2-Arctic_Wastelands-Automatické_uložení75.gz
(938.2 KiB) Downloaded 118 times
ZIM

Post by ZIM »

About the AI things,

Usually,if weak unit of mine get to the range of enemy leader,the enemy leader will attack my unit.Maybe dabber's unit are too strong?
And,I have a question,why Umbra's sword weapon special is more necromancy-like,not demonic-like.His sword is "Lilith's Gift" isn't it? And why the "twisted-good" elves is more close to necromancer than demonologist,the twisted elves religion is worshipping Lilith,the ancient demon,not worshipping the Lord of Darkness?.So,the their ability should be demonic like.The attack that added to the twisted elves should be fireball,rather than dark light.And the weapon special should not be plague (And,why the plagued one become elves,like in the scenario when Efraim and Lethalia is about enter the town of Arach.The scenario when Argan shows up as the allied leader.) ,maybe lesser berserk-2 fits the criteria being more demonic like?
Cart84

Post by Cart84 »

Giving a potion to my Dwarvish Protector with the Intoxicator equipped causes him to lose the slow special until he levels up.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

@dabber
Seems you're right. Although he was not supposed to attack if the place where he would move was threatened by his foes (which was the case), moving them away did not make him attack. I'll check it out deeper.

@Delicius169
I shall ask what can be done about this.

@ZIM
From the backstory I have currently set up for Lilith, she was not particularly strong, but only annoyingly clever. Over time, she collected various artefacts of power (like your heroes did) and became a master of various spells (race descriptions say that humans' magic is very unspecific). So her abilities were not exactly demonic, they were rather related to all the stuff she had found and all the spells she had collected and invented using the collection. This was mentioned several times in chapter 9. So she taught her servants all kinds of spells that could be practical, they did not share her demonic power because she didn't have much of it. When she was worshipped, she became stronger than usually, but she did not adapt to using her newly obtained demonic power, either because there wasn't enough time for it or because she preferred to use her good old skills' enhanced versions. In chapter 9, she did share Uria's power until she was cut off from it (spoilers left vague).

@Cart84
After a levelup, the effects of potions should vanish, but it should not remove effects of other items. Can you please attach a save file where it can be replicated?