Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

Dugi

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Dugi »

@Delicius169
Elvish Seer bug: Okay. It should be fixed in that case now.
End of the World: The macro to create black souls is badly used if the unit is recruited. It creates a black soul clone of the unit, but leaves the unit intact. Most normal units have black souls with the same name and same traits near them. This should fix it.
14_End_of_the_World.cfg
(33.13 KiB) Downloaded 106 times
Legacy of the Free: Bug. Fixed.

@Ashes & dabber
The difficulty does not have much effect in that scenario, it just increases the enemy gold by 100, shortens turns by 1 and allows stronger enemies to be recruited. I might reduce these differences if it makes so much.

@Xellos
Try this fix.
_main.cfg
(12.58 KiB) Downloaded 113 times
dabber

Post by dabber »

The new potions display does not work properly. The main error is global_events line 3420 left out the $ on the length. Should be:
{VARIABLE potions[$potions.length].name $unit.modifications.object[$i].name}

I think the separator on 3450 is also wrong and should just be
separator=","
Now it has no comma and a line return.
dabber

Post by dabber »

Its been many months, so my memory is imperfect, but I know I had to play An Army is Born several times to beat it. When I failed, I totally failed (just a couple skeletons alive when the turns ran out). When I won, I won big (dozens of skeletons survive). The next scenario requires that big army of skeletons. A real big army of skeletons. In other words, making An Army is Born easier to technically win is incorrect, because you need to play it such that you win with a big army. Arguably the proper change is making the victory condition be a total count of "live" skeletons reaching some threshold (20? 30?).
I think the scenario does require playing differently, or equipping Lethalia differently. I think she has to be fast and she has to be deadly on defense in melee.
Ashes

Post by Ashes »

dabber wrote:@Ashes and An Army Is Born
(...) I believe I also used her as an invulnerable killing machine several hexes away from the skeleton army, because that distracted orcs from killing skeletons in favor of suicidal attacks on her.
They don't suicide on my Lethalia. Even when I drop all her items she is too strong!
So she can only create one undead per turn, and my undeads are too weak against the orcs (many level 2 and level 3) to be able to create many undeads.
My best strategy up to now has been to fine tune the whirlwind attack (by changing the items) such that the whirlwind will kill one orc and leave other orcs with very few HP (fine tuning means that a multiple of the damage of one whirwind attack should be more than the HP of the attacked orc and slightly less the the HP of other ones).
Using that trick, I have been able to finish An Army Is Born in 18 turns. Which is more than the limit of 14 turns.
I have attached a save file if you want to play with my deadly Lethalia (pun intended).

(Edit) I have found the solution: I equip Lethalia with only one item, the ring Previous Eagle Cactus Fruit. And I make her stay out of forests. In that case, the orcs suicide by attacking her.
Attachments
LotI1-An_Army_Is_Born.gz
(236.79 KiB) Downloaded 126 times
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

@dabber
You're right. Fixed.

#An Army is Born
Do you want me to remove the higher level orcs from the list and increase their gold to compensate? You were looking for workarounds, so it's a signal that something is not okay.
Ashes

Post by Ashes »

Dugi wrote: #An Army is Born
Do you want me to remove the higher level orcs from the list and increase their gold to compensate? You were looking for workarounds, so it's a signal that something is not okay.
I don't know. You said some time ago that the HARD level was supposed to be for players that already knew LotI and that it was OK if the difficulty is hard.
I found a solution for "An Army Is Born", even if this ring was not designed to weaken a unit.

Today I struggled with the next scenario (The First Blow) which I could only finish in 23 turns instead of the limit of 21 turns: the previous trick did not work, even when Lethalia is equipped only with the Previous Eagle Cactus Fruit, the orcs don't make suicide attacks. So I had to kill every orc surrounding Lethalia, and it takes too long.
I complained to my daughter, who suggested to drink a potion. And indeed, if I make Lethalia drink one of my two "Spirits of a Madman's Alacrity" I am pretty sure that this scenario will become easy. Or I could start again at my saved file for the 21th turn, and drink two "Greater Healing Potion" to get the additional two turns needed.

I am not sure that the difficulties I am facing are a sign that something is not OK :D
It might only be a sign that I should play longer before complaining.

By the way, I have used a "Ring of Unearthly Existence". And I wanted to benefit from its suck=1. The only solution I have found is to wear Rationality gauntlets. Am I right?
Delicius169

Post by Delicius169 »

you can also wear boots:
+15 to physical resistance
-1 MP
Set damage to impact.
Dont remember the name.
caoraivoso3

Post by caoraivoso3 »

Dugi wrote:@Ashes
I might simply give you control of them, make them loyal, but they would be unable to pick items and be removed from the game at the end of scenario.

@dabber
The problem was that I was deleting a wrong variable. I forgot to test if it is reset if the unit leaves the area and re-enters. Will be fixed in the next version. It can be quite deadly at the moment, right?

@caoraivoso3
Here is a list:
  • The dwarf in the cave in chapter 3
  • Freeing the group of ancient warriors in chapter 3
  • A lich in the mind world in chapter 4
  • A book in the library (not shown on map) in chapter 5
  • The lich experimenter in chapter 6
  • One of the extra bookshelves in chapter 6
  • Argan (if you defeat him) in chapter 7
  • The main enemy in Steelhive in chapter 9
Can you say the way to get to the library?
firefox

Post by firefox »

Delicius169 wrote:Can you say the way to get to the library?
it is not shown on the map, because it is secret.
the hint on the map says, that there may be more rooms which are not depicted.
the drawing has 2 or 3 "holes" in it.
each of these blank spaces is another room, one of them is the library.
i think it was in south-east direction.
may the source be with you
=(^.^)= nyan~
caoraivoso3

Post by caoraivoso3 »

thanks i find it it is in the north on the right side. it was the dwarf war and then the library
ZIM

Post by ZIM »

Hello,
I'm new to this forum,so please forgive me if there any mistake that I made.

First of all,I want to say that Loti is the best campaign I ever played in Wesnoth.
Secondly,I have some idea :
1.How about we can sell item to trader.It's useful to get rid some un-wanted item like leather armour(if you have better) or some excess item(like 20 mithral armour) and get some gold.
2.How about that undead demon can be purified.Legacy of Light have no use in chapter 8 and 9 because there is no undead except the 50% lawful bonus.

Last,I find a weird thing,my Celestial Messenger and Prophet has Undead Legacy.It's no problem,but a little funny to know that "messenger of god" practicing necromancy.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

@Ashes
You have a clever daughter.

Besides Rationality, you might also use Mystic Armour, Hope of the Fallen, Amulet of Lich's Bane, Mental Sheath or Potion of Mundanity.

@ZIM
Thanks.

So about these ideas:
1. You can make gems from unwanted stuff. Gems are more persistent, gold would just help you in that particular scenario and be lost later by limited gold carryovers (except the few cases where they are in areas where it's 100%).
2. This was discussed some time ago. The problem is that what would you get for purifying them. Demons on the player's side would be grossly overpowered, especially if they advanced to Demon Man'o'wars and took items.
3. Although it's not explained in LotI, both its spinoffs explain that Undead Legacy means that some of the unit's ancestors were vampires. So a Michael found a Selena* and had a few children out of pure love and their brood is a bit enhanced by their vampiric ancestors, but they are not undead themselves. If they develop this potential, it is a sacrifice they willingly take to help the good cause.

*If you don't know what I am talking about, watch Underworld, a pretty cool action fantasy film noir (sometimes classified as horror, but it's not scary).

BTW, I love how you guys keep replying to each other so that I have nothing to say.
Delicius169

Post by Delicius169 »

No, no, no! Have you played The bloodlines Masquerade?
Father of all the Vampires is Caine, and his wife was Lilith...
It is the best game I ve ever played, even better than Bomberman I used to play when I was a kid...
dabber

Post by dabber »

Minor error in Lethalia_god.cfg
line 1331 says:
require_amla="staff1,staff2,staff3,staff4,staff5,staff6,staff4-attacks"
but should say:
require_amla="staff1,staff2,staff3,staff4,staff5,staff6,staff4_attacks"

change the dash to an underscore.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

@Delicius169
Never heard of that. Lilith in LotI comes from elsewhere.

@dabber
Fixed, not uploaded yet.