Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

dabber

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by dabber »

@Kymille I've never had a problem with what you discuss, but I do see how it is possible. If a unit has many attacks, the later attacks do not show on the main screen at all. Unit information will show everything about them, but you cannot hover over the attack specials to get a pop up explaining them. Is that it? Otherwise, I see everything you could want on the "unit information" screen. But you can still get explanations of all the weapon specials by going to help->weapon specials, so I don't see this as a real problem.

What units have so many attacks you cannot see them? Besides Efraim and Lethalia.
firefox

Post by firefox »

while the normal "unit description" does not show extra modifications, the "unit information" from the "items" right-click-menu shows everything you want to know. even AMLAs and Books.
may the source be with you
=(^.^)= nyan~
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Ashes wrote:When playing straightfully by first killing all will o wisps then all bandits then meeting the town and then killing the lich, everything goes fine.
It's being dealt with.
Kymille wrote:If I choose "unit information" it just gives the generic information which doesn't include all the special abilities from ALMAs, special weapons, books, etc.
If the descriptions were listed too, it would occupy too much space. If you really need them, do as dabber wrote.
The recently discussed new legacy, Legacy of the Free, is already coded, but I am thinking if I should add an optional advancement to it that would add an ability named gay, giving an immunity to the temptation ability's effect. Although temptation is quite rare, it can be very tricky, and an immunity to it might come handy in some cases. What do you guys think?
Delicius169

Post by Delicius169 »

Gay sounds weird to me. I d prefere asexual, or free of temptation, or Celibacy (this one I prefer the most). But still I find it weird to have hairy bandit living in Celibacy.
BTW: I had male paladin, who has become Lich King, and he is not affected by temptation, and same is for my LIch. Is it corect? Not that I complain!
Ad if S/He was gay/ lesbian, than S/He should be affected by the same gender, so it would be useless.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

IFor celibacy, I see there the problem that mostmany priestspeople living in celibacy are not really living in celibacy (think about the quantity of child molestation cases in Catholic church and how to they conceal it, when they are willing to conceal paedophilia, it is expectable that they conceal normal sex too, and this is logically far more common and nobody outside makes noise about it, because well, it's just hypocrisy). Asexual sounds better than celibacy to me, but asexual people often are heterosexual (or something else) and do enter relationships occasionally, albeit rather just for sex or to have children (according to wikipedia). The advantage of gays meeting succubi is that they are attracted to incubi instead, but incubi focus on women and don't consider men a worthy prey (and gay men are not easy to spot, furthermore incubi/succubi might be heterosexuals too). Also, asexuality and celibacy have little in common with freedom, especially celibacy. While gay have something to do with freedom, they were not very free in the past. And gays are a common source of humour.

Undead are all immune to temptation, no matter what they originally were. This includes Efraim and Lethalia when they were preserved liches.
Delicius169

Post by Delicius169 »

As a Celibacy, I thought about it. I guess, that skill is something about having Strong wil to resist the magic of suc/incubus.
To gay skill- it is funny if you realises, that this skill is something you can give to your unit, something which your unit can become. I guess it is hard to tell, why is someone homosexual (I remmeber in two books, but it was not scientific literature, one reason was (Jakubijan House Al Aswání), because young boy 12? was sexualy abused, and because he loved that man, his teacher, didnt work well with his parents..., or Ginsberg has written somewhere that its because of his relationship with his mother Naomi)

As a Celibacy, I meant celibacy which was chosen by Gauthama Budha, based on Suffering is what we were born for, Lust leads to suffering, etc...
And few budhist, who also chosen it.
You can call it Strong Will, UnSeductivness,...
Ashes

Post by Ashes »

About Thirst for Adventures, I've had a simpler idea than moving the Lich to the east: having the friends arrive when the Lich is dead and the town is seen!

On the ability to resist temptation, I would call it asceticism.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

@Delicius169
Do the followers of celibacy really follow their rules? And why should they be less susceptible to temptation than others? Humans are naturally monogamous and wedding wow is also about refusing relationships with other people, in fact same to celibacy when it comes to unrelated people. A married man's need is often more satisfied than the need of a man who is single or following celibate (same for women). And it's generally known how many people disobey this wow...

Maybe Buddha called it lust, but I don't see it as lust. We are the descendants of those who did not resist this lust. Every single one of our ancestors did not resist it. This is a subconscious force that drives all humans, because all those strong enough to resist had terminated their bloodlines. If a new trick to resist it is invented, people's will to resist this lust weakens even more and it stops working. It is not like drug addiction, it never goes away.

I know that gay men are born gay, but most of them are forced by their surroundings (often they don't even know that they are forced) to live with women (they would have died out otherwise). Afaik, women are for them like friends of the same gender for us heterosexuals, so they think it's the love other men feel. This often leads to unsuccessful families. So, if the gay Elvish Juggernaut does not know he is gay, he will think that he is horribly attracted to the succubus as a nocebo effect, he knows what it does to other men. Incubi do not aim at him. If he knows he is gay, he knows that there is no reason why it should work on him. Same applies to women, but I don't wanna write it twice.

@Ashes
No, the AI needs to be fixed anyway.

What is the difference between asceticism and celibacy? Also, neither of them is thematically related to Legacy of the Free. And it is not funny. Takes all fun from the 'look, my Phillip is gay!'.
Whiskeyjack

Post by Whiskeyjack »

I know that gay men are born gay
That´s not quite true, at least what the current scientific knowledge allows. The true reason of homosexual affection is not yet known at this point and all attempts to find a genetical explanation have failed thus far. The theories range from said genetic determination or hormonal influences in the womb to theories that it solely develops through social influences. The most probable reason [in my eyes] is a combination of epigenetic, biological (mostly hormonal) and social factors.

The notion that people are born homosexual is at this point a lot more politically than scientifically grounded. (Because any notion that homosexuality could be developed later in life opens the door for people saying homosexuality is wrong and so on.)
Under blood-red skies, an old man sits
In the ruins of Carthage - contemplating prophecy.
firefox

Post by firefox »

why not call it "in love" for now.
an elf in love with his girlfriend would surely resist the succubus temptation.
may the source be with you
=(^.^)= nyan~
harixx2011

Post by harixx2011 »

Hey
I have no idea if this will ever be noticed.
I recently started playing the first part of Legend of the invincible, and you may know or not know
In Chapter 3 the goldprises are increased by x10
BUT in one scenario where you can help some bandits and then you can recruit them they still have normal prices
So a lvl 3 unit costs 50 gold instead of 500
and when you have 1500 gold that is pretty ridiculous
Delicius169

Post by Delicius169 »

Units which you buy for 10x more gold are Loyal to you, and will be recalled automaticaly in each scenario, and needs less experience to lvl up.
harixx2011

Post by harixx2011 »

Delicius169 wrote:Units which you buy for 10x more gold are Loyal to you, and will be recalled automaticaly in each scenario, and needs less experience to lvl up.
Ohhh, i never saw that. Of course that makes sense
Either building up an army of ever strong units for 1 turn or making an army of strong recallable units
Thank you! I never realized
dabber

Post by dabber »

Flaming Radiance is buggy. Several times I have gotten a unit that cannot get rid of it. Twice I have checked a unit and he has flaming_irradition=32768 when not next to a unit with the ability.
After further research, I'm not sure it is ever clearing on any unit. It won't hit again unless next to a unit with the ability, but the accumulation of damage potential is permanent. Most of my units have some value of flaming_erradiation.
wuxiangjinxing

Post by wuxiangjinxing »

“Monk” shall be an easier choice to resist temptation.