Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

Dugi

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Dugi »

@misteroz96
I don't think that one is related to debug mode, you had another of the two strange bugs that appear there from time to time. Here's a fixed save for you:
LotI2-Pandemonium_Turno_101.gz
Fixed the issue. Man, you REALLY used the debug mode a lot.
(490.64 KiB) Downloaded 132 times
@swirly
I don't know how long will it take me to finish all the changes. I have little time currently, summer job + some work on thesis + driving lessons isn't a nice combination. I can attach the fixed file, find the campaign's folder and replace the file with the same name in folder scenarios4. Then restart it from a save file named LotI1-The_Library.gz or earlier, if you'll load the first autosave or something later, the issue will persist.
15_The_Library.cfg
Find the campaign's folder and replace the file with the same name in folder scenarios4.
(19.74 KiB) Downloaded 138 times
@Aevyn
1) For some reason, I wrote it at the end of the name of the female name of the trait. Fixed.
2) I said I would do that, but I haven't released a single update since then. I've made that change yesterday, by the way.
3) Are you sure about that? And are you sure that it didn't appear before that scenario? Could you show me the save file, because it's pretty weird.
4) Are you playing on 1.10 or 1.11? It's important in this case.
5) I had no idea how to scatter the enemies and make sure that they won't appear in walls back then, and decided to solve it by assuming that those who aren't blocked will leave the wall and others will never be seen. I later figured it out, but forgot to add it into that scenario. Fixed it now.
swirly

Post by swirly »

Yes, it works perfectly.

Thanks you so much for being this reactive !
Aevyn

Post by Aevyn »

2) I said I would do that, but I haven't released a single update since then. I've made that change yesterday, by the way.
Ah, I was under the impression you had committed the change a while ago. My mistake.
3) Are you sure about that? And are you sure that it didn't appear before that scenario? Could you show me the save file, because it's pretty weird.
I hadn't realized. It seemed the issue began after the scenario "Across the Barren Lands". Afterwards, the item never removed itself from the menu. Nevertheless, I've attached a save file in the event it's still useful.
4) Are you playing on 1.10 or 1.11? It's important in this case.
1.11.15. Figured it would be best to test on the beta.
Attachments
LotI2-Last_Survivors_Turn_12.gz
For bug #3
(539.44 KiB) Downloaded 116 times
misteroz96

Post by misteroz96 »

Dugi wrote:@misteroz96
I don't think that one is related to debug mode, you had another of the two strange bugs that appear there from time to time. Here's a fixed save for you:
LotI2-Pandemonium_Turno_101.gz
Thanks a lot, It seems so but i only used debug to create some phoenix sometimes and to give experience to Lethalia xD and i didn't used it up to chapter 8 but now i want to know how the story will end as fast as possible
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Aevyn wrote:I hadn't realized. It seemed the issue began after the scenario "Across the Barren Lands". Afterwards, the item never removed itself from the menu.
Have you finished the scenario properly? Because at the end of scenario, it should be removed. Can you send me also a save file from the scenario Heart Mountains or just tell me what the game reports when you use the debug command show_var teleport_wait?
Aevyn wrote:1.11.15. Figured it would be best to test on the beta.
Okay, fixed. Some animations were removed between 1.10 and late 1.11 to worsen the game's appearance and that generated the missing image issue. It doesn't affect any other units, right?
misteroz96 wrote:It seems so but i only used debug to create some phoenix sometimes and to give experience to Lethalia xD and i didn't used it up to chapter 8 but now i want to know how the story will end as fast as possible
If you're too lazy to play it, you can just PM me or phone me and I'll tell you the story :D
misteroz96

Post by misteroz96 »

I'm not too lazy...it's the story which is too interesting and long, if it would be less involving i'd probably played normally as usual.

I promise that after ending (and when i will pass the driver test) i will restart from chapter 6 and will finish the campaign in the hardester mode without reloading :D
Aevyn

Post by Aevyn »

Have you finished the scenario properly? Because at the end of scenario, it should be removed. Can you send me also a save file from the scenario Heart Mountains or just tell me what the game reports when you use the debug command show_var teleport_wait?
The result of using the command is "84". I finished the campaign normally; I haven't used debug to further myself through the scenario. However, a new version of the Wesnoth beta became available on a ppa I was using. I updated it and then began using the save from the old version. Do you think this could be responsible?

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Serious Bug in the spoiler tag
Spoiler:
Attachments
LotI2-The_Last_Enemy.gz
Bug described in the spoiler tag.
(144.97 KiB) Downloaded 120 times
LotI2-Heart_Mountains.gz
(81.68 KiB) Downloaded 156 times
xuanquang

Post by xuanquang »

Hi Dugi,

I see something shiny in scenario Tundra. Is it an item? ( it is covered by the golden hex )
(Sorry maybe the image is so large that it can be displayed. I have to attach as a file)
lotI.png
Also, hear about some hidden items in your campaign. Can you please tell me more about them? ( In some previous pages I heard that there is a dragon who keeps an orb...)
Thank!
Raijer

Post by Raijer »

I think it's an item.
About the dragon's orb, from what i remember, it's in a scenario from chapter 3, when they're still preserved liches. Some gigantic cave where you have to go from one side to another, with tons of enemies, and a dragon holding that orb somewhere in the south. Doesn't affect the second part, i think.
(@Dugi: or is it part of the secrets ?)
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley
xuanquang

Post by xuanquang »

@Raijer: Thank you! The problem is that item is on an impassible hex. I wonder that Dugi has some secrets in part II.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

@Aevyn
It's right that you didn't use that ability much in the Across the Barren Land scenario?
It appears that the variable controlling that ability wasn't deleted at the end of Across the Barren Land scenario for unknown reasons. The code looks perfect, can you please send me the last save file from the Across the Barren Land scenario if you still have it? If not, do it if it happens again.

The copies of the boss you face there are shuffled every turn, so she can be anywhere, even if she left the visible area during the cutscene.

@xuanquang
The item had bad coordinates, it should be on the accessible hex next to it. Will be fixed.
There are some 'secrets' in part II, but they are mostly related to story details rather than artifacts of power.

@Raijer
The sheer size of this thread conceals a lot of content anyway. I don't mind unveiling secrets regarding the campaign's content (except spoilers). The only secret about it I like to keep is information about the possibility of its spin-off/sequel.
Aevyn

Post by Aevyn »

It's right that you didn't use that ability much in the Across the Barren Land scenario?
It appears that the variable controlling that ability wasn't deleted at the end of Across the Barren Land scenario for unknown reasons. The code looks perfect, can you please send me the last save file from the Across the Barren Land scenario if you still have it? If not, do it if it happens again.
That's correct---I didn't use the teleport ability at all during my time playing the scenario.

I don't have a save file of the last scenario but I have one of the turn prior to last. From there, I went on and completed the scenario. Strangely, when I advanced to Heart Mountains, the issue didn't arise again..... which is odd because the problem presented itself at that moment originally. However, I'll still provide a copy of the saves as you wish. Should it remain a mystery, you can be sure I'll inform you if it happens again (with the original save in hand).
The copies of the boss you face there are shuffled every turn, so she can be anywhere, even if she left the visible area during the cutscene.
Oh oops. My bad. :oops: I've never experienced fighting her so close before; I always thought she'd start at the end and that she shuffles with the 6 units created around her only. Just pretend I didn't say anything :doh:
Attachments
LotI2-Across_the_Barren_Land_Turn_74.gz
Original save created at the time I played the scenario.
(581.68 KiB) Downloaded 147 times
LotI2-Across_the_Barren_Land_Turn_75-bugcheck.gz
Newly created last turn used to transition to Heart Mountains
(586.76 KiB) Downloaded 131 times
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Aevyn wrote:Strangely, when I advanced to Heart Mountains, the issue didn't arise again...
I wasn't able to replicate that neither. From my experience, I know that irrational irreplicable problems appear from time to time. I suppose that it's related to a very annoying C++ problem called undefined behaviour, where the cause is very hard to find and consequences appear to be totally random.
Aevyn wrote:I've never experienced fighting her so close before; I always thought she'd start at the end and that she shuffles with the 6 units created around her only.
It may seem so, she is shuffled always after new copies are created, but with any copies, not just the recent ones. Don't feel ashamed for that, false positives is a better option than unreported bugs.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I have published the update.

The main change is that I removed the possibility to start from chapters 2,3,4,5,7,8,9,10, so that the players can start only from chapters 1 and 6. The reason for this change is that this possibility was rarely used, required a lot of maintenance and cluttered the campaign list. Individual chapters now have intro screens with short quotes from the chapter, giving unclear clues about the content of the chapter. I will not reply to questions about the clue in the last chapter unless I change my mind.

I have brought back from the dead the Hordes of the Other World multiplayer scenario. It now also works in networked multiplayer and AI turn shouldn't take endless amounts of time. I will work only on wesnoth 1.11.13 or later, otherwise it won't be visible.

I need some feedback about both changes.
Battlecruiser_Venca

Post by Battlecruiser_Venca »

Two small bugs with purify weapon special:

1) It creates male elf shamans
2) It doesn't work on Ghoul line, Skeletal Dragon or any non-default undead (including all LotI undead)