Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Which of these crafting recipes you are using or planning to use? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

The End of All that Is
9%
Gloombringer
2%
Soul Eclipse
9%
Guerilla
11%
Scaryface
13%
Thundering Revenge
4%
Marie Byrd
9%
Marrowrend
23%
Deathblade Inheritance
No votes
Soul Render
21%

Total votes: 47

Dugi

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Dugi » June 26th, 2014, 6:40 am

Use this:
Attachments
LotI2-Pandemonium_Turn_1.gz
(2.84 MiB) Downloaded 62 times

ballislife15

Post by ballislife15 » June 26th, 2014, 8:18 am

when i try and load this save it tells me that its corrupt and will not let me play.

Dugi

Post by Dugi » June 26th, 2014, 8:24 am

Corrupt? I was able to load it. Try this one:
Attachments
LotI2-Pandemonium_Turn_1-fix.gz
(1.72 MiB) Downloaded 82 times

ballislife15

Post by ballislife15 » June 26th, 2014, 9:16 am

the file i saved was in 1.11 and the one you gave me was 1.10, but i loaded it fine but none of my units were there including the main 2. it just had a small potion of the map and the fog

Dugi

Post by Dugi » June 26th, 2014, 2:03 pm

Try this:
LotI2-Pandemonium_Turn_1-fix.gz
(2.73 MiB) Downloaded 83 times
By the way, were you doing something unusual? The save file was strangely large.

ballislife15

Post by ballislife15 » June 26th, 2014, 7:40 pm

its invalid and corrupt i cant load it. and i dont know anything about coding so the only thing i could have done was while i was playing.

Shaggy

Post by Shaggy » June 26th, 2014, 10:37 pm

Hiya guys! After a longer break I'm back to playing your campaign :D
I read what Aevyn wrote, but didn't give much tought to what he wrote about 11th turn haha
I did replay and came back with a lot stronger army... but once again I was unable to beat it...
Than I decided to update my wesnoth to 1.11.12. And I did it xD
It's a bug in 1.11.10 and zortheus does not appear on 10th turn.
On 1.11.10 I was able to hold until turn 23 :lol:
If you want a save i can upload it :D

ballislife15

Post by ballislife15 » June 26th, 2014, 11:23 pm

sorry for all that trouble it works. the files were just corrupt because there was more than 1 with the same name. thank you for your help and your quick responses.

Dugi

Post by Dugi » June 27th, 2014, 3:43 pm

@ballislife15
How could you even have two files with the same name in one folder?

@Shaggy
Till turn 23? Now that's quite an achievement. When I was trying to determine when the scenario should end, I tried to play it and I used the turn when I was getting totally defeated as the last turn needed. But the campaign was quite different at that time.

Aevyn

Post by Aevyn » July 3rd, 2014, 10:09 am

Hey Dugi. As usual, I'm replaying your campaigns once more so assuming you're still maintaining LOTI, I'll report bugs / difficulties. Starting with these:

1) Mask of Famine leeches from allies as well. It might be the leech ability in whole and not just the helmet.
2) [Scenario: "Friends No More"]: Efraim's old portrait is shown when speaking to the villagers in the beginning dialogue
3) [Question] Celestial Messengers can't transverse on deep water. Do you think their wings should allow them to?
4) [Scenario: "Across the Barren Land"; Save Attached]: Moving to hex (8,69) from the south spawns enemy units on top of your own. I've provided a save so you can see for yourself.

Also, that is a very excellent sprite for the Celestial Messenger. Props to the designer. Concerning Efraim's new picture, I share Raijer's sentiments---I prefer the old. However, the concept of having separate portraits is very nice. As always, your campaigns remain addictive as ever.

Regards.

Edit: About #1, seems to have just been a fluke. I can't reproduce it.
Attachments
LotI2-Across_the_Barren_Land_Turn_56-bug.gz
Move to hex (8,69) with the Celestial Messenger (Urycla) on the west end of the map
(540.87 KiB) Downloaded 67 times

Xudo

Post by Xudo » July 6th, 2014, 2:31 pm

@Dugi, do you have any ideas about quantity of players in LotI?

Dugi

Post by Dugi » July 6th, 2014, 3:32 pm

@Aevyn
I am still maintaining it, although I don't have much time actually, but it's only temporary.

1) The code looks correct, I could not find anything that could cause it to leech allies. I noticed your edit after writing the previous sentence.
2) Fixed.
3) Allowed them to move above deep water. Set their defence on all watery terrains to 40%.
4) The activation zone wasn't properly centered around the point where they spawn. Fixed.

I will upload it with the next update. It will make the Hordes of the Other World multiplayer scenario playable without long periods of waiting for the AI to move and working networked multiplayer (late 1.13 only, it's impossible earlier), make it impossible to start chapters 2,3,4,5,7,8,9,10 from the campaign list (they were almost needlessly filling the campaign list and requiring a lot of maintenance for little use) and add a new sprite for Efraim (it does not change his tone as significantly as the new portrait).

The new sprites were drawn by van_tarking, you can send him a congratulation. I have made numerous edits to it and animated it, but most their its appearance was his work.

@Xudo
Quantity of players? Looking at the frequency and length of this topic, it is probably quite a large number. Overall, I am not quite sure what you're asking about, especially regarding the formulation 'players in LotI'.
I can make a rough guess if you want:
Last edited by Dugi on July 7th, 2014, 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

misteroz96

Post by misteroz96 » July 7th, 2014, 1:17 am

Must say that LotI is an Amazing campaign, the best i ever played!

i have the same problem of ballislife15 but i think it's becouse i used debug in order to delete shroud and fog to process quickly but now i'm blocked in pandemonium :(
Attachments
LotI2-Pandemonium_Turno_101.gz
(489.9 KiB) Downloaded 69 times

swirly

Post by swirly » July 7th, 2014, 12:04 pm

Hello everyone

Dugi, I must thank you for all the work done and I have to declare it's amazing ! So rich and complex. Congratulations, and thank you again.

About the scenario Lost in Space, I've also the instant defeat problem, as on page 216 of this topic.

You say you have a fix for it
Dugi wrote:Your problem is related to an unannounced change in the newest versions of wesnoth. It will be fixed in the next update of the campaign, but because I am not releasing it today, here's a fix for your problem:
The fix you send is a save of the game. I'd rather wait for a permanent fix than send a game save. Do you have any idea of the moment you will release your update ?

Thank you in advance

Regards.

Aevyn

Post by Aevyn » July 7th, 2014, 1:06 pm

Dugi,

Though I know you're busy, I'll report these last few bugs I've found.

1. Some "highlander" traits have a parenthesis at the end.
2. [Question] In Campaign 7, Efraim still has a lich portrait. I could have sworn I read that you planned on changing the Efraim portrait back to the original when he became a demigod.
3. [Scenario: Last Survivors] It's possible to teleport units to Efraim
4. [Unit: Corrupted Elvish Scout] It seems to be missing an image. When you attack it, it flickers.
5. [Scenario: Where the Flames Freeze] There are several units located in walls when at the start of the scenario.

Regards
Last edited by Aevyn on July 7th, 2014, 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.