Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 241

Dugi

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Dugi »

Boss drops are completely random, with a single exception (a hidden dragon in chapter 3 drops an orb that gives a permanent bonus). Almost all drops are totally random, even most items you find on the ground are randomly chosen.
Elendil

Post by Elendil »

Just here to report a small bug. In scenario Nightmare (chap 3), Achilles seems to be trying to recruit a unit called Assassin-mage but this gets a WML error message.
<Invalid WML found> Unit-type "Assassin Mage" doesn't exist.
Thus, he's not recruiting at all.
Shaggy

Post by Shaggy »

Hiya, I don't know if this should go here or somewhere else.
I could use some strategic advice on scenario Bloodbath of chapter 4...
I didn't let the AI to control undead in Invasion so i got most of them unharmed. How long do i have to survive in Bloodbath
because those mages are just blasting through my forces. I tried to play it defensively or more aggressively.
My armies just starts to get massacred on turns 6-8, almost completely erased on turn 10. Then i just run with my leaders into a corner until turn 12-13 when a happy go lucky stormrider decides that he can easily charge a mage and gets violently and brutaly missiled by silvers or other some such... :evil:
Stormrider recurits just a keepfull of units, so does the elf and troll, is that intended?
Aevyn

Post by Aevyn »

Shaggy wrote:Hiya, I don't know if this should go here or somewhere else.
I could use some strategic advice on scenario Bloodbath of chapter 4...
I didn't let the AI to control undead in Invasion so i got most of them unharmed. How long do i have to survive in Bloodbath
because those mages are just blasting through my forces. I tried to play it defensively or more aggressively.
My armies just starts to get massacred on turns 6-8, almost completely erased on turn 10. Then i just run with my leaders into a corner until turn 12-13 when a happy go lucky stormrider decides that he can easily charge a mage and gets violently and brutaly missiled by silvers or other some such... :evil:
Stormrider recurits just a keepfull of units, so does the elf and troll, is that intended?
Bloodbath should be done by turn 12. And Yea, it can be a little tricky depending on how effective your main army is. The AI for your team members (stormrider, troll, etc) don't play defensively so your best bet is to attack with them. In addition to your main powerful units, recruit lots of fodder (to join the remains of the undead army) and fight it out using them as meat-shields. No matter what, tons of units are going to die anyway. It's difficult to give advice not knowing what your team / items looks like, though.

If what I wrote above is inadequate, you could also upload a copy of your save. Dugi would probably look at it and I would be interested in the challenge of beating it. I was just about to start over these campaigns for the umpteenth time anyway :D
Shaggy

Post by Shaggy »

And there i was on turn 13 heh :D
I tried it on medium tried to reduce difficulty nothing worked...
And today when i was trying it again i deleted all the saves from Bloodbath and tried fresh again so i have no save file to upload damnnnn...
Well if it should end on turn 12 then it's a bug :D
I'll do it again and upload a save then... I knew something was strange because whatever i tried i was well massacred around turn 12 so i suspected shenanigans like that :D
Thx for help :)
Aevyn

Post by Aevyn »

Ugh, made a typo in my last post. I already read that you were on turn 13; I meant turn 14* Try to make it to that or turn 15 maximum.

There should be a point where a "mage hero" appears for the enemy side and a few turns after that happens (2-3 turns approximately), Efraim will suggest that the battle is lost.

It may not be a bug; just a silly typing mistake from me :P
Shaggy

Post by Shaggy »

Oh, a typo, well that ruined my hopes :P
I have almost entire army from Invasion, and i usually recruit lvl2s until i run out of money...
But im always playing as if i'm trying to win it... perhaps i should just recruit lvl 1 units and just send them to die as i did with lvl 2 until now haha
I'm going to try that, will come back with results :)
Darkon

Post by Darkon »

I thought that the campaing could continue with what happend with Argan in the world, maybe creating some undeads and trying to snake in the caves and make a little part to be away from the war, maybe the demons create a ''demon society'' and the black souls too, making a great war between them, making the possibility to Efraim and Lethalia to search for ''The Innmortal Heroes'', and actually i know only two (who are alive) that may be Kalenz, Mhal Keshar, and Argan, maybe the three of them initiate their own campaing, and long aftar Efraim and Lethalia participates with them to search a way to close the portal and things like that, or maybe the ''ancient heros'' appear to make a Legendary event (with no idea that what will make) and they can might have an opportunity to save the world from themselves, or maybe something like the ''ancient god'' did, efraim and lethalia create a sneaky warrior to (in the last idea) to make a war more bloody between all factions, and maybe a love with a ''good'' demon, and stuff, there are a lot of ideas for the campaing, you really did a great job men :D
Aevyn

Post by Aevyn »

Random Idea, Dugi: Why not create certain abilities that units can only access once they've advanced a large amount of times (2000-3000 xp). For example, an elvish marshal who can nightstalk or something. Or maybe they would have access to a second legacy. Would that be too unbalanced? The point was to make the xp requirement high so that it wouldn't happen to all units.

Small bug/typo:

In the campaign description for "Shadows of the Night" :

"During their journey, they find and solve a thread to the entire world" (should be threat)
Elendil

Post by Elendil »

Another painful bug: I took a Fool potion with Lethalia (+3 hp max when killing an enemy, losing hp at each turn). One few remark before I come to the bug in itself: maybe you could change the description of the potion and clearly state the unit will lose hp max at each turn, and not simply hp?

That being said, here is my bug: I took the potion and start leveling up the hp max of lethalia in one scenario, then end the scenario. Nothing wrong until now. But now that I've switch to another scenario, I keep losing hp max at each turn and killing enemies no longer adds 3hp max and does not reset the loss at each turn. So I'm losing 11 (at least) hp max every turn.
And I think I'll be forced to go back to 2 scenarii before, to make sure I don't take the potion... which is a pity :/
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

@Elendil
The Nighmare scenario bug was reported shortly before (though not so specifically), and it will be okay when I upload the current code.
Foul potion's effect wears off when you level up, just advance her quickly. I'll reword the description to make it more clearly. Can you give me a save file where she loses the maximum hitpoints and it doesn't reset? By the way, it's Foul Potion, not Fool Potion.

@Shaggy
Follow Aevyn's suggestions, my memories how to complete these scenarios are fading.

@Darkon
Humongous spoilers inside:
@Aevyn
Thanks for reporting the typo.

Second legacy after taking a large number of advancements? It might be a good idea, but I want to hear more feedback about it from other people first.

Last edited by Dugi on April 5th, 2014, 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aevyn

Post by Aevyn »

Dugi wrote:...
Hey, what do you think about this idea of Aevyn?...
Are you asking what I think of my own idea? Or did you forget to type what your idea was in your response? Or maybe I'm missing something :D
Elendil

Post by Elendil »

Here is the save.
Attachments
LotI1-The_Real_Enemy-Sauvegarde_automatique1.gz
(622.14 KiB) Downloaded 129 times
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

@Aevyn
I was asking other people than you. Silly modern english language doesn't differ between the words 'thou' and 'you' and creates confusions like this.

@Elendil
I'll check it out.
Aevyn

Post by Aevyn »

I was asking other people than you. Silly modern english language doesn't differ between the words 'thou' and 'you' and creates confusions like this.
Actually no, I'm just blind. Didn't see the "of" in that statement. Between the typo I made with Shaggy and this, I'm embarassed :lol: