Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

RaustBD

Re: Legend of the Invincibles (now complete)

Post by RaustBD »

Dugi wrote:I can create new sprites, but the result isn't as good as it would be if I created it from existing sprites, and less similar to the mainline ones. Why are you asking?
I'm just thinking of giving a suggestion for a more fitting master at arms upgrade another go and I'm trying to gauge what I can suggest in terms of looks.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

You can give a suggestion, I'll see what I can do, and what I will have time for (I am somewhat busy these days, two simultaneous university studies drain a lot of time). How's the rewrite progressing?
RaustBD

Post by RaustBD »

Dugi wrote:You can give a suggestion, I'll see what I can do, and what I will have time for (I am somewhat busy these days, two simultaneous university studies drain a lot of time). How's the rewrite progressing?
This is going to sound insanely petty (because I admit that it is), but I've stalled on playing the campaign because my beloved highlander master at arms is getting close to leveling up and I don't want him to level up and be stuck as a shadowalker forever. I... I was astonished at my luck in getting that unit in the first place and I've grown quite attached to it. So I've been hoping to suggest a more thematically appropriate level up for it before continuing to prevent losing the fencer look forever.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

That isn't a serious problem. Nobody had a good idea what should he advance to yet, but it's quite easy to create a custom unit to suit your needs.
Use this:
Shadowalker.cfg
Replace the file with the same name, every time you update the add-on.
(26.36 KiB) Downloaded 93 times
Master at Arms' advancement will be slightly modified and will look like Master at Arms.
RaustBD

Post by RaustBD »

Uh yeah, thanks a lot, that is a simple solution, but I don't think you quite did it right... :)
Attachments
goofed.png
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Oops...
Use this instead.
Attachments
Shadowalker.cfg
(26.59 KiB) Downloaded 86 times
RaustBD

Post by RaustBD »

Yeah this works great, thanks!
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

demon bugs:
furious: raises number of attack, but doesnt apply swarm
demon speaerman: hes loyal

retribution: when a unit is killed by retibution, the unit who applied it only gets xp for normal combat
lynx

Post by lynx »

Is doom cummulative?
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

@Konrad2
I'll have a look at that.

@lynx
Yes.
RaustBD

Post by RaustBD »

Hey just a heads up, the weaponmaster unit quick fix you gave me causes Efraim to lose his magic upon reaching level 4. Don't worry about fixing that quick fix yourself, I've got it covered: I'm going to mess around with things and bring the shadowalker back as an exclusive upgrade to Efraim and then modify the master at arms so that it upgrades into the weaponmaster while Efraim upgrades into shadowalker.

Edit: Also, Efraim leveling to become a shadowalker doesn't seem to fully heal him like it should, and this is before the changes.
RaustBD

Post by RaustBD »

One more thing: there seems to be a mistake in scenario 6, the dialogue implied that the orc tribes would attack eachother, but they're all united on the side of "evil" against me and aren't attacking each other.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

there is no mistake, the dialogue says you that they will attack each other AFTER their leader is slain, means you have to kill blue side first and then its an allvsall (you and elves are one side)
RaustBD

Post by RaustBD »

Hey, I've been messing around with your code, but no matter what I do, the separate weaponmaster unit, well, I just can't get the master at arms to advance to it, even when I alter the stats.cfg to replace shadowalker with weaponmaster for master at arms. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I was assuming that you had already done the scenario when Efraim stops being a Shadowalker himself. It is scenario 10, so you can live without his spell for these 4 scenarios. If you still want to create a new unit type for Efraim, give the original Shadowalker a different id and edit Efraim's file, replacing the string Shadowalker (occurs several times, replace all occurrences) by the changed id.

And Konrad2 is right about scenario 6.