Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

Raijer

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Raijer »

Nooooooooo... Well, that would annoy me a lot, since they're huge leeches reserves.
More importantly, it might slow the game again, as it did in chapter 4 where no one would attack leaders, which was problematic since you used only leaders at that time, and so the game was taking all his time to try to find a way to play without attacking leaders.
I suppose it wouldn't do the same since there are less burning souls, but what will they do if i use only my leaders? I think it was in the dominion that Efraim wiped out an army of lvl 10 souls without attacking, and with your way, i think it would have taken one turn for each, as they wouldn't attack, but wouldn't move either cause there is nothing else to attack.
Is there any way to make them attack normal units first, but so they won't completely avoid leaders?
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

It would not slow the game, there is a difference between contemplating whether to attack or not to attack the leaders and completely ignoring their presence. In the case if there were only leaders, they would not even be recruited. But you can't play chapter 9 with leaders only, I believe, you would not survive slowing, arcane damage draining and berserking demons without support.
There might be a way to make them attack leaders only if no other targets are present, but that would be slower than ignoring them completely.
Raijer

Post by Raijer »

Well, i agree that i can't finish it with leaders only, but some scenarios get done really easily (like the dominion) even using leaders only. If it won't slow the game, then it's ok, but they will get killed even more easily in the scenarios where they're the only enemies (more time but less damage taken).

William Ernest Henley
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Well scenarios like dominion might be made harder, to make sure that you will need other units than leaders. And also, these units are getting autorecalled, so they will be there, and the burning souls will come after them, even if they are far away from leaders. It won't slow the game, it will rather accelerate it.

Scenario 2 out of 15 finished... kinda slow progress, sorry.
Raijer

Post by Raijer »

Then it will become a hunt, should be funnier that way. No problem about progress, i've got 10 other campaigns to try so i'm gonna use them to wait for chap 10, when i finish chap 9, and slow progress is always better than no progress.
Also, will we get back Efraim and Lethalia at the same level than at the end of chap 9 (meaning, with all the advancements/redeem)?

William Ernest Henley
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Also, will we get back Efraim and Lethalia at the same level than at the end of chap 9 (meaning, with all the advancements/redeem)?
Yes, but... (I can't tell what without revealing too much information)
Raijer

Post by Raijer »

2001 replies, with that one.
Efraim got 2 "whirling better" advancements, both do the same thing, they increase the damage. Also, all the plants in "Where the hatred grows" are in the same team, and that team's turn is incredibly long. Is there any way to shorten it ?

William Ernest Henley
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Efraim got 2 "whirling better" advancements, both do the same thing, they increase the damage.
I'll have a look at it.
Also, all the plants in "Where the hatred grows" are in the same team, and that team's turn is incredibly long. Is there any way to shorten it ?
Are you sure? If I remember correctly, their sides were from 10 to 20, and therefore had the same team colour. Correct me if I am wrong, there might be a bug in the code.
Raijer

Post by Raijer »

Ah. You're right, i should have checked better, seemed strange as they usually had different colors.
Also, i had a tiny bug with a chill tempest advancement having a shadow wave image (with lich king) though it didn't happen after i tried to have it again
It seems i can't use the "alter advancement" on elvish assassin.

William Ernest Henley
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

in "Invasion" both the Mage leader and the knight leader have incresed hp
but the geand marshall has normal hp
did you forget to increase his hp?

PS: YES! after THREE days i managed to move all of my undead units! (note: i am still at the first turn)
Aevyn

Post by Aevyn »

Dugi wrote:She is activated to start recruiting when you approach her, only once, and stops fighting then you attack her. There is no way how she could be activated again. But I made her immune to AoE attacks after that you force her to stop fighting
I've attached a save file. Unless I'm misunderstanding you, that's not exactly how she functions. From what I've seen, she doesn't recruit a single thing when you approach her. Every single time I've played that scenario, I've just walked up to her and attacked her and moved on. About the bug I was talking about, it happens when you move onto her keep after you force her to stop fighting. She tends to move onto another castle and stay there, so if you sneak onto her keep, it triggers everything I wrote about. When you move off, she'll start recruiting the units that I'm guessing she was suppose to recruit when I approach her?
Dugi wrote:Everything went correctly on my machine as well...
I honestly have no idea what happened. I've played around with it somewhat, but I can't reproduce the save file I posted earlier. I'll try some more.
Raijer wrote:Try editing your posts if nobody answered yet, to avoid double posts that are unuseful.
Yea oops. Was busy and just posted a quick reply. Moderators are fast on these forums O.o.
Raijer wrote:... because i hate duelists wizards....
Really? I love those units..... mostly for that fireball attack they have. Tons of damage to tons of units. It's what getting me through chapter 7 right now as I type this.
Attachments
LotI1-Gods_Turn_6-Emri-Bug.gz
(201.91 KiB) Downloaded 96 times
Raijer

Post by Raijer »

I was wondering, with whirlwind, is it normal that some units take double damage, even if they're not the main attacked ? I mean, some of them take 11+23 damage, and get killed before the main unit attacked, even if they had a lot more hps at start.

William Ernest Henley
Matherton

Post by Matherton »

In the scenario An Unimportant Revolution, Ephraim vanishes after the talking sequence. This didn't happen last time I got to this scenario, and his death is still listed as a lose-condition, but he is just... gone. And there is now only a count of 2 people on my side (Lethalia and the kid), so... yeah, he seems to have vanished.
Eek!
-Melanie
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Raijer wrote:Also, i had a tiny bug with a chill tempest advancement having a shadow wave image (with lich king)
Fixed.
Raijer wrote:It seems i can't use the "alter advancement" on elvish assassin.
There is a bug somewhere there that I haven't found yet (related to the problem that units sometimes don't advance when they should, and then they get 5 advancements at the beginning of the next scenario), and seems to be related.
Konrad2 wrote:but the geand marshall has normal hp
Yeah, seems I forgot to improve him.
From what I've seen, she doesn't recruit a single thing when you approach her.
Seems I rewrote it without testing some time ago. She was supposed to start recruiting when you get to a range of 20 hexes from her castle, but she started recruiting only when you stepped on her castle instead.
Raijer wrote:I was wondering, with whirlwind, is it normal that some units take double damage, even if they're not the main attacked ? I mean, some of them take 11+23 damage, and get killed before the main unit attacked, even if they had a lot more hps at start.
I don't understand this. What double damage? Sometimes, the resistances can make a unit take more damage than the main target, but that is all I can think of.
Matherton wrote:In the scenario An Unimportant Revolution, Ephraim vanishes after the talking sequence.
Somebody has already reported this happening. I was unable to replicate this problem to study it nor learn anything deeper about it. Your information that he vanishes after the talking is even more unexpected, my suspicion was rather that it breaks elsewhere, and the guy who told it before never specified this. Can you please tell me what OS are you using, which version of wesnoth are your running it on and upload a save file named LotI2-Unimportant_Revolution.gz (without the auto-save or save suffix)? I need as much information as I can muster to fix this.
Raijer

Post by Raijer »

About whirlwind, units get attacked 2 times when they're not directly attacked. Joining a save file to show what i mean. You just have to attack the white lvl 10 demon with Efraim, in a way so that it will attack the deathshroom too. The plant will take 15+7 damage for each hit, which is the part that seems strange to me, it takes only 14 if i attack directly.
Attachments
LotI2-Where_the_Hatred_Grows-Sauvegarde_automatique14.gz
(639.87 KiB) Downloaded 112 times

William Ernest Henley