Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

Raijer

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Raijer »

There's something strange with spiritual transformation's advancement:
With Lethalia, i took the "attack faster" advancement. Like before (i spoke about it with Efraim 2-3 pages before i think), it had no effect. Thinking it was the same problem (percentage and all), i advanced Lethalia again, taking the same AMLA. Using the unit's information, i made sure that Lethalia's attack was upgraded (30-4 to 30-5, something like that). The problem is, if i attack with Lethalia, spiritual transformation still has only 4 attacks, even though the infos say 5.
Here's the save file, the turn where Lethalia can get her second AMLA.
Attachments
LotI2-Tundra-Sauvegarde_automatique110.gz
(469.65 KiB) Downloaded 155 times
Last edited by Raijer on May 20th, 2013, 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

i began "Chasing Dragons" with 11547 gold, what means that you managed to half the amount of gold i had last time there
still it is so much that i could spend about 50 turns with just recalling (if i have enough units in recall list) before i would run out of gold
i am quite sure that this isnt intended (note: i play on hard since turtorial)

EDIT: "illuminate" and "darken" should cancel each out right? i just made the experiment to place a darkening and a illuminating unit next to each other in dawn (+0% for both lawful and chaotic) and now they have both -25% on their damage
shouldnt they have both + 0%?
Raijer

Post by Raijer »

Actually, i think illumination and darkens affect only the neighbor hexes, not the middle one (i know it's idiot). And that problem goes from that. I noticed it a week ago, but forgot to report it because of other problems.

William Ernest Henley
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

no, no i tried that out too, the units who could affect their area, affected themselves too
(prophet at dawn has + 25%, same goes for blackguard)
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Raijer wrote:With Lethalia, i took the "attack faster" advancement. Like before (i spoke about it with Efraim 2-3 pages before i think), it had no effect. Thinking it was the same problem (percentage and all), i advanced Lethalia again, taking the same AMLA. Using the unit's information, i made sure that Lethalia's attack was upgraded (30-4 to 30-5, something like that). The problem is, if i attack with Lethalia, spiritual transformation still has only 4 attacks, even though the infos say 5.
It is about rounding. She has 4.8 attacks. This means 4 in the game, I have rounded it to 5 when showing the properties of the attack. Will be fixed.
Konrad2 wrote:i began "Chasing Dragons" with 11547 gold, what means that you managed to half the amount of gold i had last time there
Okay, I will decrease it even more.
Konrad2 wrote:"illuminate" and "darken" should cancel each out right? i just made the experiment to place a darkening and a illuminating unit next to each other in dawn (+0% for both lawful and chaotic) and now they have both -25% on their damage
Strange. Illumination and darkening are both standard abilities, there is nothing unusual about them. I'll try it out, but at the moment I assume that something is wrong with the game. Illumination's minimum value defaults at 0, so no darkening should be able to reduce the lawful under 0% no matter what, even at night.
Twist-Erase

Post by Twist-Erase »

I ran into a bug in the "Gladiatrix - Path to Glory" scenario. The traders are not working properly. When I move a character next to them, they bring up the purchase item list, but when I select an item and click "ok", nothing happens. I'm not shown a preview of the item for purchase and my money doesn't go down and I don't get the item. I haven't had a problem with any traders in previous scenarios or had this problem with these traders when I played the campaign before. I've tried restarting the scenario, playing through a few turns of the scenario, and re-installing LotI add-on. Is there anything I can do to get them working? Thanks for the help.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I was making traders show also the description of their items recently (on the latest version), maybe it has gone wrong, I will check it out.
Matherton

Post by Matherton »

I absolutely adore this campaign! Thanks a million for all the work you've done!
The story is unusual, engaging, and occasionally funny (I am thinking in particular of the dwarf in the optional scenario who believes in "heroes" and "plebs;" brilliant meta-game commentary and very amusing!).
The only complaint I have, which I would not want you to fix, is that playing LotI kind of ruins other Wesnoth campaigns for me; I keep expecting items in other campaigns and I get bored, now, when I don't get them. Oh well!!
I am currently playing LotI in 1.11.2, and the only problem I have noticed is in Chapter 4's scenario Bloodbath. I don't seem to get the option to take control of the undead in this one, though it was certainly available in Invasion.
Thanks again for making this awesome, wonderful thing!
-Melanie
Raijer

Post by Raijer »

Seems like "virtue of hope"(staff) doesn't add the GEARED tag.

William Ernest Henley
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

@Matherton
I am glad you liked it. I'll add the first part if your post to testimonials if you don't mind it.
The option to gain control of the undead was only for Invasion, in Bloodbath, it was quite certain that you will need to control them and they are on your side from the start, if I'm not mistaken. I might change it so that you can choose who will control them too if you want.

@Raijer
No staves add it. I forgot to put them on the list of items that add that trait. Will be fixed in the next version.
Raijer

Post by Raijer »

Uh... Should have noticed it sooner.
Anyway, it seems i simply can't get out of "Den of Evil", enemies are coming from everywhere and i can't do anything. So, i was wondering if all the leaders are supposed to start recruiting at the start, because the enemies didn't seem to continuously get sent last time i passed it, even if it was in easy mode. It seems to me like a huge change of difficulty between easy and normal. I don't know much about balancing, but that really seemed stranged to me. It might be that i'm just bad for that type of scenarios, if it's that i'm sorry for complaining.

William Ernest Henley
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

dunno if i have the latest version installed, but you forgot silent=yes on an object in "the last crusade".

ah and i have a question about the sixth scenario:
Spoiler:
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Raijer wrote:Anyway, it seems i simply can't get out of "Den of Evil"
I will decrease the number of enemies, others said that it was annoying to have so many enemies there.
gfgtdf wrote:dunno if i have the latest version installed, but you forgot silent=yes on an object in "the last crusade".
Damn, really. It must be very annoying... Will be fixed in the next version.
gfgtdf wrote:question about the sixth scenario:
You get a special shadowalker, similar to Efraim at the beginning.
Raijer

Post by Raijer »

Ok... Finally got through the hard part in "Den of Evil". So far the hardest scenario, but gets really easier once you get the 1st leader. Got a tiny bug: in the north chamber, i can't get the item on first attempt, and have to go on the hex again to get the item.

William Ernest Henley
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Ha, checked in after hours, less than one minute after your reply. This happens quite frequently, I am not browsing the forums non-stop.

All the on ground treasure items are created by the same macro. This problem does not seem to be tied to that particular item (by the way, there are two north chambers in that scenario, and each of them contains an item). I think it is related to the previously reported bug, that you encountered in chapter 5, where a pile of items could not be picked by walking over it only once, so no save file will be necessary.